Video: Players Lounge: The Dak Debt | Well Beyond Disrespect

Hadenough

Reaction score
nobody but Mahomes, Brady get respect. because nobody has really won anything. Foles gets respect above Herbert, Allen, Jackson, Dak, because he won something.
You get respect by competing hard and making your opponent earn the victory. Dak rolls into the fetal position against stranger teams. Jordon Love and Jared Goff go to SF and compete hard.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You get respect by competing hard and making your opponent earn the victory. Dak rolls into the fetal position against stranger teams. Jordon Love and Jared Goff go to SF and compete hard.
maybe dak is what he is. you want elite, he is not. he is average. maybe that is his best.

but I also say the same thing for everyone on that team. that doesn't explain Micah disappearing, now two years in a row in the playoffs. is he in fetal position?

this team is not mentally tough. none of them.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Trash thread title

double meaning mind control is for trash scientists

SBWinner

Reaction score

I watched this and they have some fair points. Not saying I agree with all of them. Everyone wants to tie the QB salary to playoff performance, but that is not how the market works. Maybe it should, but it doesn't. If teams want to control how much any single position can make, they are going to have to change the CBA and get position salary limits. The player's union is never going to agree to it. Should other positions take up a larger portion of the salary cap? Probably, but without a QB, you aren't even winning in the regular season. That is why they get paid.

Dak is going to get paid (by someone) because he is a good QB. Whether or not it is his fault, or the front office's, in not winning with him is an endless debate. But if they don't pay him and haven't identified a successor they like (which most analysts think they haven't), then they face the prospect of having a good team with no QB and no chance of winning. That is why teams always overpay for FA QBs or to trade up in the draft for the chance to draft one.

Either the Cowboys keep Dak and figure out a way to build a winning team around him, or identify his replacement and pay the price to get him. Outside of 4-5 sure fire QBs, who are all under long term contract by their team, there wasn't a free agent Dallas could acquire in the off season. And there wasn't draft capital to get one this year in the top of the first. I was hoping Penix would fall but he went much earlier than analysts predicted because of his arm talent.

In the case of Lance, they took a swing with a mid round pick. That's not a lot to pay for potential, and it may not work out. But teams have paid FAR MORE (see Russel Wilson) for QBs that have not worked out than the Cowboys. Picking in the back half of the first round every year does not help. So it's either tear it down and rebuild for 2-3 years, or do what they are doing and see if they can build around Dak while trying to develop talent behind him with the limited draft resources they have (no top picks).

Verdict

Reaction score
Is there a feature here where I can save canned responses to post in every Dak thread? Like more cowbell, we need more Dak threads. We can’t get enough of them. But I’ve lost 40 pounds just typing in the same things in each Dak thread. Please help me!