Players The Cowboys Have Shown Intrest In (running list)

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3304951 said:
Marty 149 yards produced more than McCoy will in 4 seasons.

You know if they would fix the ignore feature to also include quotes it would be so worth my time but it's pointless with someone like you.

I'm assuming this half brained comment is only because Bennett is a current Cowboy and we all know there is simply none better.:rolleyes:

Still waiting on your breakdown of that mock draft..............

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3304968 said:
You know if they would fix the ignore feature to also include quotes it would be so worth my time but it's pointless with someone like you.

I'm assuming this half brained comment is only because Bennett is a current Cowboy and we all know there is simply none better.:rolleyes:

Still waiting on your breakdown of that mock draft..............

Sorry:(

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Anthony McCoy on the rise

Tight end impressing NFL scouts

Aaron Wilson
March 11, 2010

USC tight end Anthony McCoy has boosted his draft stock with strong performances at the Senior Bowl and the NFL scouting combine.

USC tight end Anthony McCoy is drawing a lot of interest from NFL teams.

Among the NFL teams who have displayed strong interest in McCoy on the scouting trail: the Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, Kansas City Chiefs, Baltimore Ravens, Seattle Seahawks and the Cincinnati Bengals.

Projected as a second-round draft pick, McCoy is regarded as an all-around tight end in terms of blocking skills and pass-catching ability and route running.

He's known for having a strong work ethic.

The 6-foot-5, 250-pounder averaged 20.8 yards per reception last season on his 22 catches.
For his career, the honorable-mention All-Pac 10 selection caught 46 passes for 731 yards and three touchdowns.
He caught five passes for 153 yards against Notre Dame last season.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i saw this so posted here

Cowboys interested in Petrus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think Mitch Petrus' parents will mind me sharing some information with you guys since it isn't anything that has any effect on his draft status.

I was talking to them for the first time in a long time Sunday and, naturally, mentioned that I would love it for Mitch to end up with the Cowboys.

They told me that Dallas was one of about four or five teams to talk to Mitch (I'm assuming at the combine, but didn't want to pry). They also said the Cowboys will be bringing him in for a visit.

I'm guessing that they are looking at him as a possibility for their second-round pick.

Also, my wife told me that they mentioned something interesting about his combine performance in the bench press. Before he started lifting, he was told the combine record was 43 repetitions instead of 45. So when Mitch got to 45, he thought he had the record and stopped. He apparently would have broken it if he had been told the right number.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
I was told on another board that the Cowboys have also shown some interest in two late round OLB types-- Arthur Moats from James Madison, and Larry Hart from Central Arkansas... I like both of 'em, and am not surprised that Jerry might have a soft spot for a player from his home state...

The poster who relayed this information said he'd read it on the personal blogs of both players... no links or anything like that, but said poster is not the kind of guy to make crap up...

SDogo

Reaction score
silverbear;3309323 said:
I was told on another board that the Cowboys have also shown some interest in two late round OLB types-- Arthur Moats from James Madison, and Larry Hart from Central Arkansas... I like both of 'em, and am not surprised that Jerry might have a soft spot for a player from his home state...

The poster who relayed this information said he'd read it on the personal blogs of both players... no links or anything like that, but said poster is not the kind of guy to make crap up...

Cool, thanks Silver.

I'll be updating this list later in the week. I was hoping for some more names but I'm sure things will heat up soon.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Ill put this guy here b/c hes a solid thumping ILB who worked out well as a FB and ran a 4.65

Rutgers+v+Connecticut+MKnX6gWuFHXl.jpg

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/ILB/Ryan-DImperio.php

We couldnt use a 6th on him?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
SDogo;3309327 said:
Cool, thanks Silver.

I'll be updating this list later in the week. I was hoping for some more names but I'm sure things will heat up soon.

I like moats, remember he came from same school as charles haley

Outside Linebacker | James Madison | SR Arthur Moats
Height: 6-0¼ | Weight: 246 | 40-Time: 4.66

Career Statistics
Year GP TKL TFL SACK PBU INT
2006 12 18 2.0 0.0 0 0
2007 12 45 7.5 6.5 0 0
2008 14 65 15.5 11.5 1 0
2009 11 90 23.5 11.0 1 0
Totals 49 218 48.5 29.0 2 0

Outside Linebacker | Central Arkansas | SR Larry Hart
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 248 | 40-Time: 4.55

Career Statistics
Year GP TKL TFL SACK PBU INT
2006 JUCO - - - - -
2007 JUCO - - - - -
2008 12 43 21.0 12.0 5 0
2009 12 30 10.5 9.5 1 1
Totals 24 73 31.5 21.5 6 1

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3309509 said:
was 4.68 which is still good for FB, and since he has played inside linebacker, he knows about blocks, just have to see if he has attitude for it,

Hes got a good attitude reminds me of Wes Welker.

Bet Parcells loves the guy

SDogo

Reaction score
NFL | McCourty scheduled to visit three teams
Comment (0)
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 19:44:52 -0700

Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports Rutgers CB Devin McCourty is scheduled to visit with the New York Jets, St. Louis Rams and Dallas Cowboys.