Players The Cowboys Have Shown Intrest In (running list)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3312619 said:
I think Sean Lee is a more polished ILB than Williams. Let Williams take over for nickel linebacker and challenge for Bradies spot in a few years.

If Williams is better than Lee than so be it. Let em fight it out.

Worst case we have solid depth at that position. Which is vital in a 3-4.

Yeah, that works for me. I won't complain about pretty much any ILB or DL we draft this year. It's nice having OLB pretty well set.

Anyway, back to sdogo's nice thread. BTW, glad we're interested in Houston, too. Wade seems to love the extra-high-motor guys.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
NFL | McCourty scheduled to visit three teams
Comment (0)
Tue, 16 Mar 2010 19:44:52 -0700

Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports Rutgers CB Devin McCourty is scheduled to visit with the New York Jets, St. Louis Rams and Dallas Cowboys.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
bump..........come on! Need More!

SDogo

Reaction score
Mar 22
3:37
PM CT

By Calvin Watkins

ORLANDO -- Stephen Jones won't confirm which college prospects will visit Valley Ranch, but LSU wide receiver Brandon LaFell said he will come for a talk on March 31.

LaFell, from Houston, ranks second in school history with 25 touchdown catches, including 19 in his final two seasons.

But LaFell has some issues.

He ran a slow 40 at the combine, 4.60 but regrouped at LSU's Pro Day with a 4.56 and a 4.54. LaFell said he strained his hamstring a week before the Pro Day, but didn't let that stop him from running in it.

He also had a bad hammy at the combine.

"It's been very, very long and it took a while to get here, but its been smooth so far," LeFell said. "I tried to do everything I could at the combine. The combined didn't go well for me, after the combine was over I came back home and worked harder for my pro day. I strained my hamstring a week before pro day and it didn’t stop me from going to pro day."

LeFell, who is 6-2 1/2, 211 pounds, was criticized for dropping some passes in his career, but did a good job at the combine in solving that problem.

"I hope I showed everybody I can catch the ball," he said. "That's been the biggest thing teams have asked me about and at the combine I showed everybody something."

We're not sure who the Cowboys will draft in the first round, but its obvious they're looking at quite a few wide receivers. Dez Bryant is scheduled to visit the complex on April 1.

Playing for the Cowboys is a dream for LaFell, because growing up in Houston he was a Dallas Cowboys fan, not a Houston Oilers fan.

"The Oilers weren't that good," LaFell said. "Growing up the Oilers moved, so I had to root for the Cowboys because they were always winning. It would be a dream of mine to play for them because I know I can help those guys."

Offensive coordinator Jason Garrett and wide receivers coach Ray Sherman has spent some time with LaFell at the combine.

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
Source: Richmond to visit Chargers, Raiders

TCU lineman worked out for Oakland on Monday.

March 24, 2010

Nic Richmond’s dance card is beginning to fill up.

After working out for the Oakland Raiders in Ft. Worth on Monday, the TCU offensive tackle will visit San Diego on March 31 to meet with the Chargers and Oakland on April 1 to meet with the Raiders, according to a league source.

In addition, Richmond will visit the Cowboys on April 5 for “Dallas Day.”

At this point, you have to figure the Raiders have some serious interest in the 22-year-old senior. The fact that the organization scheduled a meeting with Richmond in Oakland just one day after working him out in Texas clearly indicates the team sees something they like.

The 6’8”, 322-pounder from Garland, Tex. was a three-year starter for the Horned Frogs and is currently the NFP’s 26th ranked offensive tackle prospect. Richmond was an integral part of last year’s 12-1 TCU team that earned a trip to the Fiesta Bowl.

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
NFL | Odrick scheduled to meet with three teams
Comment (0)
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:39:54 -0700

Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports Penn State DT Jared Odrick is scheduled to meet with the New Orleans Saints, New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys.

reddyuta

Reaction score
i wouldnt be mad if we took odrick,looks like a very intriguing prospect.

rmaxmaicon

Reaction score
Just did a quick review on Brandon LaFell and he looks like another Crayton....not a bad choice for rd#3

rmaxmaicon

Reaction score
But the guy I want is JORDAN SHIPLEY!! someone who can move the chains...if watch highlights of wes welker and shipley...its as though they are identical....and its not necessarily because they are both white...but ifyou look at the moves and the way they get open and what they do after the catch...WOW!
Only concern I have is that Romo tends float the ball sometimes and because he is a smaller WR...they may have some issues at times....but I believe in Shipleys abilities in the next level and has the BALLS to bea clutch player in needed situations.
I don't see him getting drafted past the 70th pick

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
rmaxmaicon;3320016 said:
But the guy I want is JORDAN SHIPLEY!! someone who can move the chains...if watch highlights of wes welker and shipley...its as though they are identical....and its not necessarily because they are both white...but ifyou look at the moves and the way they get open and what they do after the catch...WOW!
Only concern I have is that Romo tends float the ball sometimes and because he is a smaller WR...they may have some issues at times....but I believe in Shipleys abilities in the next level and has the BALLS to bea clutch player in needed situations.
I don't see him getting drafted past the 70th pick

that sir is racist.

lol jk, I like Shipley too but Welker is one of the best possession Wrs in the NFL(s history), I dont know if Shipley will be able to become that great.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3320058 said:
that sir is racist.

lol jk, I like Shipley too but Welker is one of the best possession Wrs in the NFL(s history), I dont know if Shipley will be able to become that great.

hey first buddy what happened to your mock draft that i helped u with, never saw it;

then ducasse OT to visit cowboys;

Ducasse has official visits set up with the Cleveland Browns, Kansas City Chiefs, Minnesota Vikings and Dallas Cowboys. The Oakland Raiders will also privately work out the offensive lineman.

SDogo

Reaction score
UPDATED 3/25

Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma (Round 1)
Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma (Round 1)
Mike Iupati, OG/OT, Idaho (Round 1)

Kyle Wilson, CB/KR, Boise State (Round 1-2)
DeMaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech (Round 1-2)
Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame (Round 1-2)
Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers (Round 1-2)
Jared Ordick, DE, PSU (Round 1-2)

Dexter McCluster, WR, Mississippi (Round 2)
Anthony McCoy, TE, USC (Round 2)
Chris Cook, CB/FS, Virginia (Round 2)
Vladimir Ducasse, OT, Massachusetts (Round 2)
Sean Lee, ILB, Penn St (Round 2)

Carlton Mitchell, WR, S. Florida (Round 2-3)
Taylor Price, WR, Ohio (Round 2-3)
Thaddeus Gibson, OLB, Ohio St (Round 2-3)
Montario Hardesty, RB, Tennessee (Round 2-3)
Lamarr Houston, DT, Texas (Round 2-3)
Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU (Round 2-3)
Ben Tate, RB, Auburn (Round 2-3)
Jason Fox, OT, Miami (Round 3)
Brandon Lang, OLB/DE, Troy (Round 3)
Mike Neal, DT/DE, Purdue (Round 3)
Navorro Bowman, OLB, Penn St (Round 3)
Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa (Round 3)
Dorrin Dickerson, TE/FB, Pittsburgh (Round 3-4)
Mitch Petrus, OG, Arkansas (Round 3-4)

Garrett Graham, TE/FB, Wisconsin (Round 4)
Larry Asante, SS, Nebraska (Round 4)

Marshall Newhouse, OG/OT, TCU (Round4-5)

Arthur Moats, OLB, James Madison (Round 5)

David Reed, WR, Utah (Round 6)
Roddrick Muckelroy, OLB, Texas (Round 6)

John Conner, FB, Kentucky (Round 6-7)
Danario Alexander, WR, Missouri (round 6-7)

Larry Hart, OLB, Central Arkansas (Round 7)

J'Marcus Webb, OT, West Texas A&M (Round 7-UDFA)
Cameron Sheffield, OLB/DE, Troy (Round 7-UDFA)

Kevin Jurovich, WR, San Jose St (UDFA)
Nic Richmond, OT, TCU

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
To add some to this thread, I read an article by one of the Dallas Mediots-- it might have been Watkins, or Hill-- who said the Boys had shown interest in three receivers, two of whom we already know about (Brandon LaFell and Dez Bryant)... the third was Arrelious Benn...

Also, the Boys had a contingent at the North Texas Pro Day, reportedly scouting kicker Garrett Lindholm... Lindholm has kicked a 64 yarder in the playoffs against Texas A&M-Kingsville, and on the day of the tryout hit 3 of 4 from 60, with the wind... against the wind, his longest was 42...

Don't know how strong the wind was, but we all know the wind can howl pretty good in that neck of the woods in the early spring...

Lindholm is 5-10, 190 pounds, and went to Tarleton State... he was 15 of 18 on his field goal attempts in 2009, and 22 of his 77 kickoffs went for touchbacks... he also had a 55 yard game winner as time expired against Midwestern State...

If he goes undrafted, as I suspect he will, he might be somebody the Boys would look to bring in to compete with Hughes and Buehler...

By my count, that makes 42 players that we know the Boys have shown some level of interest in... I'd suggest that checking out this particular forum can give a fan a fair idea of the team's approach to this draft...

dogberry

Reaction score
Wr 11
Ot 5
Og/ot 2
Og 1
Olb 5
Olb/de 2
Ilb 1
Cb/kr 1
Cb 2
Cb/fs 1
Ss 1
De 1
De/dt 1
Dt 1
Te 1
Te/fb 2
Fb 1
Rb 2
K 1

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
silverbear;3320629 said:
To add some to this thread, I read an article by one of the Dallas Mediots-- it might have been Watkins, or Hill-- who said the Boys had shown interest in three receivers, two of whom we already know about (Brandon LaFell and Dez Bryant)... the third was Arrelious Benn...

Also, the Boys had a contingent at the North Texas Pro Day, reportedly scouting kicker Garrett Lindholm... Lindholm has kicked a 64 yarder in the playoffs against Texas A&M-Kingsville, and on the day of the tryout hit 3 of 4 from 60, with the wind... against the wind, his longest was 42...

Don't know how strong the wind was, but we all know the wind can howl pretty good in that neck of the woods in the early spring...

Lindholm is 5-10, 190 pounds, and went to Tarleton State... he was 15 of 18 on his field goal attempts in 2009, and 22 of his 77 kickoffs went for touchbacks... he also had a 55 yard game winner as time expired against Midwestern State...

If he goes undrafted, as I suspect he will, he might be somebody the Boys would look to bring in to compete with Hughes and Buehler...

By my count, that makes 42 players that we know the Boys have shown some level of interest in... I'd suggest that checking out this particular forum can give a fan a fair idea of the team's approach to this draft...

Super post, thanks for the info buddy, now i can use my 6th our 7th to draft other players, and sign this kid as a undrafted player. So, Hostile, DC, BigGems wont be down or upset when i want to take a kicker.
:post:

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
silverbear;3320629 said:

It deepens the mystery for me, at least the overwhelming interest shown in WR and OLB.

Woods

Reaction score
Sasquatch;3321003 said:
It deepens the mystery for me, at least the overwhelming interest shown in WR and OLB.

Several of the OLBs, like Bowman for example, can also project to ILB in a 34 defense.

SDogo

Reaction score
The Ohio wideout is headed to Dallas for a two-day visit.

Joe Fortenbaugh

March 29, 2010

Ohio wide receiver Taylor Price will meet with the Dallas Cowboys on a two-day visit beginning Tuesday, according to a league source.

The senior wideout caught 56 passes for 784 yards and five touchdowns for the 9-5 Bobcats in 2009. In four years at Ohio, Price hauled in 149 passes for 2,019 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Price has been a busy man as of late, having already worked out for the Carolina Panthers and New England Patriots. His 4.41 40-yard-dash at last month’s combine was the second-fastest time among the wide receivers that ran in Indianapolis (Clemson’s Jacoby Ford ran a 4.28).

Currently the NFP’s 17th ranked wide receiver prospect, Price is a sound route runner who displays good balance down the field.

Hit me up on Twitter: @JoeFortenbaugh

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ith-Price.html