Players The Cowboys Have Shown Intrest In (running list)

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
SDogo;3327099 said:
Cowboys | Scheduled to meet with several prospects Thursday
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 15:43:56 -0700

Nick Eatman, of DallasCowboys.com, reports the Dallas Cowboys are scheduled to meet with Arizona State LB Travis Goethel, Missouri State TE Clay Harbor, University of Mississippi OL John Jerry, Rutgers CB Devin McCourty, Penn State DT Jared Odrick and University of Florida C Maurkice Pouncey Thursday, April 1.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0jnhlX7Fc

For those counting at home, among the known visitors the Cowboys have had four offensive lineman, four wide receivers, three safeties, three cornerbacks, two defensive linemen, one inside linebacker, one outside linebacker, one tight end, one fullback.

Read into that what you will.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3327484 said:
Location: Signing every free agent ever released by every team ever

:lmao: I just noticed that. Yeah, I know I'm slow. I can think of someone else that should have that as their location.

BTW, yep I wouldn't mind Jerry either.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3327650 said:
Wheres Mccluster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is one player I think we have examined enough that we did not want to call attention to by scheduling a visit. He is a very popular player and will go somewhere in the second round, if not sooner. I read somewhere that his 40 was something Jones specifically asked about at the Combine. He might not go visit, but he is certainly a consideration.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3327153 said:
we seem to be looking at a lot of fringe 1st rounders and 2nd rounders. Trading down could be a realistic option.

We seem to do that every year it seems. Trading around is always an option, but I do not think this is any different than we have been doing things for several years. It is just smart contingency planning.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I wonder if they like Devin Mccourty enough to take him rather than w/e trade down they have in mind

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Cowboys | Scheduled to meet with Briscoe
Fri, 02 Apr 2010 13:44:13 -0700

Joe Fortenbaugh, of the National Football Post, reports the Dallas Cowboys are scheduled to meet with University of Kansas WR Dezmon Briscoe next week, according to a source.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0jywr6zb5

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Bump... don't want this thread sliding off into oblivion, we're still waiting to hear who's coming to Dallas Day...

At this point, with the addition of Briscoe we have 54 names on the interest list...

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
Aggie among Monday visitors to Valley Ranch
Having cut Ken Hamlin, it is obvious the Cowboys will take a safety at some point in the April 22-24 draft. The Cowboys have had three safeties visit, including LSU's Chad Jones and South Florida's Nate Allen. They will have at least one more Monday at Dallas Day.

Texas A&M safety Jordan Pugh, who played at Plano West, will be among the visitors to Valley Ranch. He will work out for the Chicago Bears next week, too.

"It's exciting to go workout over there [at Valley Ranch]," Pugh said in a telephone interview. "Being a hometown kid, and having an opportunity to workout in front of the Cowboys' coaches, is great. It would be even better if I got drafted by that team. To play for the team you grew up rooting for would be the best."

Some scouts see Pugh as a cornerback. He said he can play every position in the secondary, able "to fit any need."

Pugh, who is 5-10, 196 pounds, was impressive at A&M's Pro Day. According to one scout, Pugh was worth the trip to College Station. Pugh ran the 40 in 4.48 and 4.44 and had a 40-inch vertical and a 10-foot, 5-inch broad jump. His 40 time would have been the fastest among defensive backs at the combine.

Bengals defensive backs coach Kevin Coyle was among those at Pugh's Pro Day workout.

Pugh has been working out with Colts safety Melvin Bullitt in Dallas. Bullitt went undrafted out of A&M in 2007, but he now is a special teams captain and a starter at safety for the Colts. That is why Pugh is unconcered about where he is drafted.

"You wanted to be drafted," Pugh said. "You just want to hear your name called. That's something you grow up dreaming of. But at the end of the day, you've still got to prove yourself. You'd love to go in the first round, but it'll work out where ever I go."

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
Emmanuel Sanders coming to visit
I talked to SMU receiver Emmanuel Sanders a few minutes ago. He is one of the Dallas Day visits the Cowboys have set up for Monday at Valley Ranch. He said it is one of seven visits he has lined up, though he declined to name the others.

"I grew up a Houston Oilers and Dallas Cowboys fan," Sanders said. "Any Texas team I rooted for."

Sanders, who ran a 4.40 at the Scouting Combine, did well at SMU's Pro Day this week.

"I was real pleased, real solid," said Sanders, who is 5-112, 186 pounds. "I think I showed consistency from the Shrine Game to the combine now to my Pro Day."

Sanders had 98 receptions for 1,339 yards and seven touchdowns last season and finished as SMU's career leader in receptions, yards and and touchdown catches.

NFL Draft Scout ranks him as the 26th-best receiver and projects him as a sixth- or seventh-round pick.

"It was fun," Sanders said of playing in June Jones' offense. "There aren't many offenses in college football where you get to catch a hundred balls in a season."

-- Charean Williams

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Just found this on NFL Draft Scout, and it builds on Arch's last two posts, filling out the list of Dallas Day invitees some:

While the Dallas Cowboys are entertaining several national draft prospects this week, the list of players for the annual Dallas Day workouts on Monday April 5 is growing. Among the invited players are Oklahoma receiver Adron Tennell, Kansas receiver Desmond Brisco, SMU receiver Emmanuel Sanders, SMU running back Shawnbrey McNeal, TCU offensive tackle Nic Richmond, TCU cornerback Rafael Priest and TCU deep snapper Clint Gresham. Two other SMU players, Bryan McCann and/or Chase Kennemer might get invitations depending on their Pro Day results on Thursday. TCU cornerback Nick Sanders is also possibility, but is waiting on final confirmation. - Clarence E. Hill Jr., Fort Worth Star Telegram

SDogo

Reaction score
UPDATED 4/4

Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma (Round 1)
Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma (Round 1)
Mike Iupati, OG/OT, Idaho (Round 1)
Kyle Wilson, CB/KR, Boise State (Round 1)

DeMaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech (Round 1-2)
Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame (Round 1-2)
Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers (Round 1-2)
Jared Ordick, DE, PSU (Round 1-2)
Maurkice Pouncey, OG/OC, Florida (Round 1-2)

Dexter McCluster, WR, Mississippi (Round 2)
Chris Cook, CB/FS, Virginia (Round 2)
Vladimir Ducasse, OT, Massachusetts (Round 2)
Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest (Round 2)
Morgan Burnett, FS, Georgia Tech (Round 2)
Tyson Alualu, DT, California (Round 2)
Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois (Round 2)
Chad Jones, SS, LSU (Round 2)
Nate Allen, FS, South Florida (Round 2)
Lamarr Houston, DT, Texas (Round 2)

Sean Lee, ILB, Penn St (Round 2-3)
Thaddeus Gibson, OLB, Ohio St (Round 2-3)
Montario Hardesty, RB, Tennessee (Round 2-3)
Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU (Round 2-3)
Ben Tate, RB, Auburn (Round 2-3)
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB, Indiana (PA) (Round 2-3)
Anthony McCoy, TE, USC (Round 2-3)
Carlton Mitchell, WR, S. Florida (Round 2-3)

Amari Spievey, CB, Iowa (Round 3)
John Jerry, OT, Mississippi (Round 3)
Taylor Price, WR, Ohio (Round 3)

Dorrin Dickerson, TE/FB, Pittsburgh (Round 3-4)
Mitch Petrus, OG, Arkansas (Round 3-4)
Mike Neal, DT/DE, Purdue (Round 3-4)
Brandon Lang, OLB/DE, Troy (Round 3-4)
Navorro Bowman, OLB, Penn St (Round 3-4)
Clay Harbor, FB/TE, Missouri St (Round 3-4)

Dezmon Briscoe, WR, Kansas (Round 4-5)
Garrett Graham, TE/FB, Wisconsin (Round 4-5)
Larry Asante, SS, Nebraska (Round 4-5)

Arthur Moats, OLB, James Madison (Round 5)
Marshall Newhouse, OG/OT, TCU (Round 5)
Jason Fox, OT, Miami (Round 5)

Emmanuel Sanders, WR, SMU (Round 5-6)

Roddrick Muckelroy, OLB, Texas (Round 6)
Travis Goethel, ILB, Arizona St (Round 6)

John Conner, FB, Kentucky (Round 6-7)
David Reed, WR, Utah (Round 6-7)

Larry Hart, OLB, Central Arkansas (Round 7)
Danario Alexander, WR, Missouri (round 7)

J'Marcus Webb, OT, West Texas A&M (Round 7-UDFA)

Shawnbrey McNeal, RB, SMU (Round 7-UDFA)
Clint Gresham, LS, TCU (Round 7-UDFA)

Cameron Sheffield, OLB/DE, Troy (UDFA)
Kevin Jurovich, WR, San Jose St (UDFA)
Nic Richmond, OT, TCU (UDFA)
Duke Calhoun, WR, Memphis (UDFA)
Carlos Singelton, WR, Memphis (UDFA)
Jordan Pugh, CB, Texas A&M (UDFA)
Adron Tennell, WR, Oklahoma (UDFA)
Rafael Priest, CB, TCU (UDFA)

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
Four local players among prospects expected to attend today's invite-only workout for Dallas Cowboys
12:28 AM CDT on Monday, April 5, 2010

By TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News
tarcher@***BANNED-URL***
IRVING – The Cowboys will hold their invite-only Dallas Day workouts today at Valley Ranch for prospects from the area, including four players from SMU.

Wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, running back Shawnbrey McNeal, linebacker Chase Kennemer and defensive back Bryan McCann will be at Valley Ranch today for a workout that has produced players like Patrick Crayton, Jacques Reeves, Brandon Williams and Stephen Hodge.

Unlike last week's national prospects to the Cowboys' facility, these players will work out for the team as well as meet with the coaches. The Cowboys are limited to 30 visits from prospects across the country but can bring in an unlimited number of local prospects for a look.

In addition to the SMU attendees, Kansas wide receiver Dezmon Briscoe (Cedar Hill), UCLA linebackers Kyle and Korey Bosworth (Plano West), Texas A&M safety Jordan Pugh (Plano West), Baylor center J.D. Walton (Allen), Oklahoma cornerback Brian Jackson (DeSoto), Oklahoma defensive tackle DeMarcus Granger (Kimball), Oklahoma wide receiver Adron Tennell (Irving), Arizona safety Corey Hall (DeSoto), Iowa State center/guard Reggie Stephens (Rowlett) and TCU tackle Nic Richmond, cornerback Rafael Priest and long snapper Clint Gresham will work out.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedc...oys/stories/040510dnspocowshort.4000dac.html?

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
Area talent to work out for Dallas Cowboys
Posted Sunday, Apr. 04, 2010

BY CHAREAN WILLIAMS
cjwilliams@star-telegram.com
Texas A&M defensive back Jordan Pugh grew up in Plano rooting on the Cowboys. He will visit Valley Ranch today as part of the team's annual Dallas Day.
"It's exciting to go work out over there," Pugh said in a telephone interview. "Being a hometown kid, and having an opportunity to work out in front of the Cowboys' coaches, is great. It would be even better if I got drafted by that team. To play for the team you grew up rooting for would be the best."
After playing host to national prospects, including Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant, Idaho guard Mike Iupati and LSU receiver Brandon LaFell, the Cowboys today are hosts to prospects who played high school or college football in the area.
Oklahoma receiver Adron Tennell, Kansas receiver Dezmon Briscoe, SMU receiver Emmanuel Sanders and running back Shawnbrey McNeal and TCU offensive tackle Nic Richmond, cornerback Rafael Priest and deep snapper Clint Gresham are among the players invited by the Cowboys.
Sanders said he will visit six other teams before the draft. He is an intriguing receiver prospect, having caught 98 passes for 1,339 yards and seven touchdowns last season and finishing his career as SMU's all-time leader in receptions, yards and touchdown catches.
He ran a 4.40 in the 40-yard dash at the Scouting Combine, and had a solid workout at SMU's Pro Day last week.
"I was real pleased; I did real solid," Sanders said in a phone interview. "I think I have showed consistency from the Shrine game to the Combine and now to my Pro Day.... Now, it's just a waiting game to find out where I'm going to go."
Several local prospects have earned their way onto the Cowboys' roster after visiting Valley Ranch for Dallas Day, including Patrick Crayton, Stephen Hodge, Brandon Williams and Jacques Reeves.
Staff writer Clarence E. Hill Jr. contributed to this report.
Charean Williams, 817-390-7162

http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/04/04/2088814/area-talent-to-work-out-for-dallas.html?

Arch Stanton

Reaction score
SD ~ just keeping you busy, and the thread bumped. LOL

SDogo

Reaction score
Arch Stanton;3333505 said:
SD ~ just keeping you busy, and the thread bumped. LOL

appreciate it man, lol!