Players vs. fans

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If the money Brady's wife makes retired truly mattered that much to him, then Brady would already be retired.

Brady is smart and he sees the big picture. (1) If he demanded too much, Belicheck would trade him. (2) By putting his team in the position to win championships, he makes more money long term.
Thank goodness we have Brady as the Lone Example. Or we wouldn’t have anything to argue.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In my business--I run one-- I honor the contracts I sign. Believe me, sometimes that causes serious inconvenience, or difficulty.

I can imagine getting half-way through a database development contract and then "holding out" for more $. This hold out crap -- when under two years of remaining contract...is more than selfish--it's flat unethical...and not the way business works.
No, I don’t think he would have wanted more money. Brady is ultra competitive and I don’t see him letting a few million get in the way of himself and another ring if that’s what it took.

Hypothetically, say he did marry a school teacher, when would enough be enough? People have this made up thought that because his wife makes more than any other wife that he can “afford” to give the team discounts.

He would be well worth over 180 million by himself. So if his wife made nothing that means he wouldn’t sacrifice a few million? What’s the cut off? Once Giselle made over 300 million they decided “that’s good, we don’t need anymore”. Or was it 400 million? Maybe they would still like more, maybe their net worth isn’t enough for them.
Appareantly money is important to some people. We should all envy those of you that don't care about acquiring wealth. Salud!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the money Brady's wife makes retired truly mattered that much to him, then Brady would already be retired.

Brady is smart and he sees the big picture. (1) If he demanded too much, Belicheck would trade him. (2) By putting his team in the position to win championships, he makes more money long term.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

aria

Reaction score
Appareantly money is important to some people. We should all envy those of you that don't care about acquiring wealth. Salud!
It’s over rated, I’d rather be living in an isolated cabin in the woods than be a millionaire jet setting around the world. Of course, I would want a case of single malt air dropped to the nearest meadow on a weekly basis.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People have different motivations and money is just one of them but to downgrade someone that has a different motivation than we have is short sighted. The ego is a complicated part of it and that comes into play in pro sports a lot where ego strength drives confidence.

I've worked with hundreds of salespeople over years and the tricky part was finding that motivation factor and feeding to that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It’s over rated, I’d rather be living in an isolated cabin in the woods than be a millionaire jet setting around the world. Of course, I would want a case of single malt air dropped to the nearest meadow on a weekly basis.
Same here but rather than hunting down my own food, I'd rather there be a Whataburger nearby. The isolated cabin in the woods is definitely on my checklist. :D

aria

Reaction score
Same here but rather than hunting down my own food, I'd rather there be a Whataburger nearby. The isolated cabin in the woods is definitely on my checklist. :D
You might be changing your mind about that Whataburger once that Yankee company that bought them out starts cutting corners. Better start looking for an alternative...you’ve been warned!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You might be changing your mind about that Whataburger once that Yankee company that bought them out starts cutting corners. Better start looking for an alternative...you’ve been warned!
Fair warning heeded, but I'm still seeing no changes to how my local Whataburger operates. I saw that someone in Chicago purchase the business from the Dobson family in Texas but the Dobson's still have a small stake in the company. I suspect they are overseeing quality control to ensure the business does not stray from their established business model.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
People have different motivations and money is just one of them but to downgrade someone that has a different motivation than we have is short sighted. The ego is a complicated part of it and that comes into play in pro sports a lot where ego strength drives confidence.

I've worked with hundreds of salespeople over years and the tricky part was finding that motivation factor and feeding to that.
Copy that C-C ,yet, that elusive much coveted Feudian Dean's list casing-liner thingy award remains ,,,er,,, well Elusive,,, as anybody whose spent very much time around "Sales Personal" hold that salient collective aspect pertaining to that particular cross section of driven individuals in a commonly measured & duly adjusted view
( poorly, is my preferred word, based from my long& varied transacted bizness encounters with them,,,,:lmao: don't forget my Elder Brother,I'd worked for several years installing those trailer house two-piecers those better dressed,yet twice as stressed, sales personal who'd suckered the uninitiated fish into swallowing( they'd gig there own family members& brag about their sales commission & before that it was those weasely oil field production chemical sales rat faceso_O

aria

Reaction score
Fair warning heeded, but I'm still seeing no changes to how my local Whataburger operates. I saw that someone in Chicago purchase the business from the Dobson family in Texas but the Dobson's still have a small stake in the company. I suspect they are overseeing quality control to ensure the business does not stray from their established business model.
I keep hearing mixed reviews but I think a lot of is mental.

They’re still on my banned list every since the A-1 fiasco, I miss the late night bfast coming back from concerts or what not extremely inebriated so In ‘N Out gets my money. I know, it’s blasphemy but so is how they did away with the A-1 with no warning, not once but twice, and then sold out. Perhaps it was my scathing email to their corporate office before the sell out that caused them to actually sell. Hmmmmm....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I didn't express an opinion either way. I just said it's not a fact.
Of course. That was a given. Not sure why you felt compelled to state as such? You must not agree with it.

Last edited: