Image: Playoff Wins Since 2000 For Every Team

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That chart is a sad commentary on the reality of the Cowboys in the 21st century. Things must get better because it would be difficult for them to get much worse.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
"Schmidlap, I'm going to have to let you go. Your results for the last 25 years have been subpar. Anyone else would've been fired years ago."

"But boss, I led the companies in sales in 1992, 1993, and 1995. I just know I can do it again. How about I fire my assistants for the 7th time? Will that help?"

In the real world, no one gets just to justify keeping their position - while repeatedly firing underlings - based on accomplishments from 28 years ago. I know this real-life example flies in the face of your imagined defense of the Jones boys, but...:rolleyes:
Real world? Id say Jerry operates in the real world..... nothing fake about it.

Motorola

Reaction score
0, and I’m sure that applies to most of the NFL. Still a bunch of teams that have NEVER won it all.

And you’re only choosing “last 26 years” because of a predetermined agenda.
Cowboys fans aren't concerned about the other teams.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Any reason this isn’t since 1990 or 2010? Why the cutoff at 2000 I wonder

If you actually "wonder" then I wonder who helps you tie your shoes.

The inference is clear. The same two bozos have been calling the personnel shots for 20+ years and have next to nothing to show for it. Maybe reaching back to 1993 gives you, and some other Rowdy, false hope, but those of us who have worked in the real world don't fool so easily.

The Cowboys haven't done anything since 2010, so let's just toss that randomness. But the early/mid-nineties - yes, they had success then! Imagine trying to convince your boss in 2021 that he shouldn't fire you, even though the last time you accomplished anything was in 1995. Add to it that you've fired several of your subordinates during those 25 years of failure yet still you accomplished nothing. Would you expect to still have your job?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Had Romo taken 25% less money, he probably would have a ring. But, yeah, a guy got to feed his family, right?

Had Romo not gone to Cabo, he might have a ring.
Had Romo not dropped the snap in Seattle, he might have a ring.
Had Romo been more careful with the ball, he might have a ring.

Romo wasted plenty of chances. Romo just did not have the heart of a champion and did not want it bad enough. Sorry, no one is spoon feeding a super bowl ring while Romo sits in his high chair.

Or, does Romo ‘deserve’ a ring because …

Had Romo not had Jason Garrett as an OC/Head Coach most of his career, he might have a ring.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
0, and I’m sure that applies to most of the NFL. Still a bunch of teams that have NEVER won it all.

And you’re only choosing “last 26 years” because of a predetermined agenda.
I see your content to be among the losers and I’m sure the Jones will keep you happy for many more years.

Nav22

Reaction score
I see your content to be among the losers and I’m sure the Jones will keep you happy for many more years.
Right, that’s totally what I said.
:laugh:

I think loser talk is when you talk about “playoff wins” and not “Super Bowl wins”, but hey, you do you.

Flamma

Reaction score
Had Romo taken 25% less money, he probably would have a ring. But, yeah, a guy got to feed his family, right?

Had Romo not gone to Cabo, he might have a ring.
Had Romo not dropped the snap in Seattle, he might have a ring.
Had Romo been more careful with the ball, he might have a ring.

Romo wasted plenty of chances. Romo just did not have the heart of a champion and did not want it bad enough. Sorry, no one is spoon feeding a super bowl ring while Romo sits in his high chair.

Or, does Romo ‘deserve’ a ring because …

It is not easy to win a SB. There are many good QBs that are without them. But in most cases their teams were pretty good and had consistent years of success in the regular season. Even that doesn't guarantee you anything. Romo had a few good teams, and 2006 wasn't one of them.

catiii

Reaction score
not me, not any longer. Im gonna go home and punch the bag in anger and throw my beers against the wall as to ensure Jerry knows Im damn mad and im not gonna take it any more.
:D One of the best speeches ever made.

I'm doing this until someone calls the cops. When they arrive and ask what's up I'm going to say "The Cowboys lost!!!! Ya want some buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then I'll be spending a few days in the grey bar motel after being tazed LOLOLOL :lmao:

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Real world? Id say Jerry operates in the real world..... nothing fake about it.

No, he doesn't. He lives in a fantasy world, which he has every right to do as owner of the team. Win or lose, he can keep the job for life.

However, still believing that he's a capable GM in 2021 because of what the Cowboys did in 1993 is also living in a fantasy world.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yep. We went over a decade without even one playoff win. We just spin our wheels. Each time we won a wild card game and flopped the next round (or flopped in the divisional round off a bye), that was just a building block and the next year is when we will see progress. Nope. Never that. The last time we even made the playoffs back to back years was 2006-07. Each with zero wins.

This franchise this millennium is the epitome of one step forward, two steps back.
Jerry runs this franchise as a fan would. Just as most fans, if the team wins Jerry cannot discern weaknesses on the team. So, he then drafts STers and backups.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Sad.

resize.jpg
Thanks for listing

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Right, that’s totally what I said.
:laugh:

I think loser talk is when you talk about “playoff wins” and not “Super Bowl wins”, but hey, you do you.
So just talking SB wins we drop to zero since 2000.
Nice one!

Nav22

Reaction score
So just talking SB wins we drop to zero since 2000.
Nice one!
“Since 2000”
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

How about since 1992? How about all-time?

“No, it has to be since 1996 or later!!!”

You’re being silly.