Please don't over spend!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
that's even more of a no, I only said that because I know payne was making 20, I was wrong sorry
It’s a moot point but Chris jones is actually one of these guys who would be worth the money but it’ll never happen. He’s an absolute force who disrupts the game and makes huge plays in the biggest moments. Rush off the edge in spots also. If you added him to this defense it would be an absolute game changer.

You’d have him or micah parsons one on one the entire game. Can’t agree he’s not worth the money. Won’t be our money he’ll likely stay in Kansas City but he’s an absolute beast and stud

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
It’s one thing paying a good player great money (queen). There’s another thing paying a great player what his going rate is (jones). These things are not the same.

Signing queen to 20 per would be like paying Carr top dollar. The cowboys would regret it. Paying jones you’d get a return in investment. 2 vastly different things. We aren’t getting either but it’s hard to say “Jerry doesn’t spend” and then also say “Jerry better not spend”. Which is it ?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
nice write up!!!!
All in all, we could go all in, my only concern is I think this was the year to do it. Schedule next year is tougher...we probably won't have a DCoordinator as good, and honestly the potential for McCarthy to loose the team given his contract status is definitely there, but we could add a premium DTackle if we wanted and an upgrade at LB

DuncanIso

Reaction score
All in all, we could go all in, my only concern is I think this was the year to do it. Schedule next year is tougher...we probably won't have a DCoordinator as good, and honestly the potential for McCarthy to loose the team given his contract status is definitely there, but we could add a premium DTackle if we wanted and an upgrade at LB
Big Mike isn’t legit. Team knows it.

Hopefully we get Zimmer.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If this kid is smart... he should retire. Don't f around with neck issues.
Truth.

I like LVE, but plan for life outside contact football.

Get a gig with a team or broadcast.

Or start a podcast.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Just a few things, do with the information what you like
-We are currently $94 million dollars under the 2025 cap...for comparisons sake the Patriots lead the league with $190 million dollars in space and Dallas is about 22nd
-The Average amount of cap space among all teams is actually $92 million, which Dallas is slightly better than
-The median point is about 102.5 million or so and Dallas is a few million shy of that

Won't be the most popular choice, but we can actually push a lot of money into 2025 and be more or less fine
-Restructuring Diggs, Steele, Cooks and releasing LVE brings us from about $19 million over the 2024 cap to 250k under the cap while only costing us $4 million in 2025 cap space

Signing CeeDee to a long term deal could easily drop his cap figure in 2024 from nearly $18 million to below $10 million. For comparisons sake, Tyrek Hill's first year cap number was $6.4 million. Obviously that would eat up a huge chunk of 2025 cap space, likely $10-15 million, but I'm not overly concerned.

Dak, Zack and Tank are all in the final year of their deal and account for a whopping $108,400,000 million combined...which is just shy of half the cap

Again, won't be the most popular solution, but extending any of the three would save a ton. In theory, even with Tank coming off a pro bowl season, given his age and sack numbers, I don't think this would cost us a lot and we could probably lower his cap number that currently is sitting at $20.445 million without costing too much in 2025 and onward. Zack could...he obviously felt he was under paid and held out some, but given his age I would hope he isn't trying to be the highest paid guard, but I do see us being able to lower his cap number which is currently sitting at $28.5 million without it costing too much in 2025 and onward.

I don't want this to turn into a Dak thread so these are just ways we could free up a ton of money, without handicapping ourselves in 2025 that don't involve a decision on Dak.

In addition, cutting Michael Gallup post June 1st saves us $9.5 million dollars...which is more than enough to sign rookies and carry over $4-5 million or so into 2025. Not to mention getting his contract off the books saves $7 million or so in 2025 (and quite a bit in 2026).
What if we do all of that and extended dak…what’s the best case scenario under the cap they could do? Of course I know they won’t but just for convo

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I'm saying that also because people think we should get several big names, I don't think that will work, if we had what washington had in space maybe, but no way!! Queen and Jones
They can’t get several big name players, the argument you are making isn’t reality based. They likely don’t get 1 big name free agent but they could get 1 big name guy if they wanted.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
What if we do all of that and extended dak…what’s the best case scenario under the cap they could do? Of course I know they won’t but just for convo
It's tough for me to say. In 2025 if we don't extend him, he counts $36 million...which is a lot of dead money for a QB not on the roster

But without knowing the parameters of a deal, I really can't say

Lamb is easy, he'll either come in slightly higher than Tyrek Hill or slightly lower

But I don't know where Dak will come in at...he'll probably finish 2nd or 3rd in MVP votes so his asking price could be really high.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
It's tough for me to say. In 2025 if we don't extend him, he counts $36 million...which is a lot of dead money for a QB not on the roster

But without knowing the parameters of a deal, I really can't say

Lamb is easy, he'll either come in slightly higher than Tyrek Hill or slightly lower

But I don't know where Dak will come in at...he'll probably finish 2nd or 3rd in MVP votes so his asking price could be really high.
But basically they could create enough space to sign an absolute game changer if they wanted

Aven8

Reaction score
I wish we could get Chris Jones. Between he and Micah this would be amazing….

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I wish we could get Chris Jones. Between he and Micah this would be amazing….
It would be the best pass rush in the league between him,parsons and Lawrence. Jones can also stop the run. Sadly, it won’t happen lol and jones likely stays in kc.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think at the end of this season. It's going to be clearly obvious it's time for a total rebuild..
Trade Parsons, because he's not gonna be happy on a bad football team

above all, just do it, draft a solid quarterback in 2025
and build around a blue chip guy.
Bite the bullet, clear our cap, then let's get to work.
I think we should be doing that now in 2024. But our owner never wants a rebuild. His approach every year is “reload”. And that’s reloading a gun that has won 4 playoff games in 28 years. Rebuild? More like “Re-sell”.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we should be doing that now in 2024. But our owner never wants a rebuild. His approach every year is “reload”. And that’s reloading a gun that has won 4 playoff games in 28 years. Rebuild? More like “Re-sell”.
I know Bob. I'm just dreaming out loud.