Please get Russell Wilson

RD21

Reaction score
It’s the QB. I’m sorry it’s the absolute truth. Bucs , Packers, Rams, Cardinals are all better because they have a better QB. Our QB needs everything around him to be perfect in order to be successful.
Agreed.

Dak gets paid more than all of those guys. Think about that... Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, Murray, all make less than Dak. Same with Burrow, & Herbert too. In fact the only QB's in the league making more than Dak are Mahommes, & Allen. :eek:

It matters too. Imagine for a moment if Dak was paid say 25 to 30 million/year. It would be much easier to tolerate him being pedestrian many games of the year. What player would we have been able to add with that 10-15 million in cap space..? Another lineman..? A difference maker on D..? who knows.

See that's the big killer for me personally. I like Dak at 30 mil/yr, I love Dak at 25 mil/yr. I hate Dak at 40 mil/yr. His level of play is not equal to his contract, or even close. He's the highest paid Dallas Cowboy of All Time.... & currently 3rd highest paid player in NFL History.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak wasn’t the problem
10 drive killing penalties, no run game

Anyone who objectively watched that game yesterday couldn't claim that Dak wasn't the problem. He was part of the problem, a very very large part of the problem. A QB who cannot orchestrate the offense, with multiple balls batted down, and was consistently overthrowing or underthrowing receivers. Sorry, he was a large part of the problem.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
See that's the big killer for me personally. I like Dak at 30 mil/yr, I love Dak at 25 mil/yr. I hate Dak at 40 mil/yr. His level of play is not equal to his contract, or even close. He's the highest paid Dallas Cowboy of All Time.... & currently 3rd highest paid player in NFL History.

Yep and this bs claim that "well it's the QB market" sorry that makes no sense because in any market there are variables. We all accept that not all QB's are the same and there are tiers within this space. Which means that you don't pay every QB like he is elite because not every QB is elite.

T-RO

Reaction score
The Salma Hayek odds are 0 bro.

The Deshaun Watson odds are possible.

Would you do it if possible? Dak for Watson?

You have no understanding how trades impact guaranteed salary dollars.

It can't happen from a sheer contract/dollars/cap standpoint. No chance at all.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Lamar isn't a prolific passer by any means but he was the league MVP in only his second season, at an extremely low salary.

He was and Dak took the leave by storm along with Zeke and they both were on rookie deals in 2016 and was not able to do anything with it.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
You have no understanding how trades impact guaranteed salary dollars.

It can't happen from a sheer contract/dollars/cap standpoint. No chance at all.

I do.

You’re the one comparing to odds with movie stars. Lol

T-RO

Reaction score
I do (understand).

Let's test your understanding.
Tell us what happens to the part of a player's salary that is guaranteed...if a trade occurs. How it impacts a team's cap.

I'll check in later to see your reply.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Let's test your understanding.
Tell us what happens to the part of a player's salary that is guaranteed...if a trade occurs. How it impacts a team's cap.

I'll check in later to see your reply.

Only because I like you T-RO and don’t care what everyone else says about you. Lol!

Now remember before I answer anything is possible cap wise. It’s just how far a team is willing to absorb that year. Furthermore, the biggest sticking point is Dak has a no trade clause and unless he gets hurt on his endorsements wouldn’t want to leave such a fruitful market.

OK, so the answer is: The whole signing bonus gets accelerated into the teams cap that year the trade happens.

Am I cool now?

T-RO

Reaction score
Only because I like you T-RO and don’t care what everyone else says about you. Lol!

Now remember before I answer anything is possible cap wise. It’s just how far a team is willing to absorb that year. Furthermore, the biggest sticking point is Dak has a no trade clause and unless he gets hurt on his endorsements wouldn’t want to leave such a fruitful market.

OK, so the answer is: The whole signing bonus gets accelerated into the teams cap that year the trade happens.

Am I cool now?

Your "likes" tally isn't real good...so I recommend against trying to play the popularity card. And that whole game is bizarre and silly, anyway.

Yes the entire bonus gets accelerated immediately into the cap. For Dak that would be nearly $80 million. We are already $20 mil over the cap limit. So we would be $100 million in the red before even trying to pay Wilson's bonus.

The entire idea has zero probability. Not .0000001. ZERO.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dak sleepwalked thru the first 3 quarters. Thats why we lost. We beat ourselves. Deserved exactly what we got. Wilson yes please.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the caveat to my last post is the rest of the team didnt do Dak many favors.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I’m sick of passing up upgrades at QB. We could’ve had Manning (FA) , Brady ( FA) and maybe now Wilson. And this franchise sits on their ***. The teams that got those QBs won Super Bowls. What are we doing here? What are we waiting for? Another 25 years!

I'm amazed people who have followed this team for the last 25 years think an 80 year old man and his son are suddenly going to change how they operate.

They think they have their QB. That's why they paid him. They're not remotely considering a change at that position. It doesn't even cross their minds.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
It’s the QB. I’m sorry it’s the absolute truth. Bucs , Packers, Rams, Cardinals are all better because they have a better QB. Our QB needs everything around him to be perfect in order to be successful.

I noticed you didn't mention Russell Wilson's current team in that list.