***PLEASE READ***Some Advice To Avoid An Infraction

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2246165 said:
This is pretty dumb, imo.

Like the other day, got a warning because I put the words "dum" and "mass" together. Simple misspelling, or a simple variation. Filter did not catch it. Whatever.

I just feel like, this isn't kindergarten. Filter language. Leave the Naziism to the ****'s.

I realize this won't matter one bit, just my two pennies.
The rule has been in place for 6 years now.

It isn't Naziism at all.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I assume you are worried that some sex perverts will come here if they google up sex and the site shows up.

Chances are even if they did, they would leave in a second as this is not a site someone like that would remain at given they won't find what they want.

As for your daughter, I suspect she hears far worse at the play ground or in school than she would ever see here, filter or not.

Just don't let her go near the game thread, she might think everyone who is a Cowboy fan has more personalities than Hershel Walker

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
superpunk;2246165 said:
This is pretty dumb, imo.

Like the other day, got a warning because I put the words "dum" and "mass" together. Simple misspelling, or a simple variation. Filter did not catch it. Whatever.

I just feel like, this isn't kindergarten. Filter language. Leave the Naziism to the ****'s.

If you really enjoy a forum, u do what you have to do to follow the rules even if you don’t agree with all of them. Don’t circumvent the language filter, pretty simple rule to follow.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;2246169 said:
The rule has been in place for 6 years now.

It isn't Naziism at all.
With the example I cited? Sure it is. I mean, obviously a warning is about as meaningful as a bug bite, but it's still annoying when you were making no attempt to circumvent anything, you come back on later and here's a lovely PM.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2246170 said:
I assume you are worried that some sex perverts will come here if they google up sex and the site shows up.

Chances are even if they did, they would leave in a second as this is not a site someone like that would remain at given they won't find what they want.

As for your daughter, I suspect she hears far worse at the play ground or in school than she would ever see here, filter or not.

Just don't let her go near the game thread, she might think everyone who is a Cowboy fan has more personalities than Hershel Walker
I can't control that. We can control the content on this site and we have been consistent in how we do it and what we allow for at least 6 years. No one can deny that.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score

Not true. I stayed.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2246177 said:
With the example I cited? Sure it is. I mean, obviously a warning is about as meaningful as a bug bite, but it's still annoying when you were making no attempt to circumvent anything, you come back on later and here's a lovely PM.
No, it isn't. As I already posted before, it is a private forum with Guidelines. That is a rule we have consistently enforced for 6 years that I know of. If the warning isn't meaningful, why are you letting it bother you? Brush it off and go on. You can do that with what other posters say to you in threads. Yet you can't do that for the Moderators who are simply enforcing the Guidelines? What's the difference?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score

:laugh1: Everyone should hang out in their, it's the funniest thing on the internet. I always go back and read it the day after, and just die of **** laughter.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I dont even understand the idea of a "bad" word. If you recognize it as a "bad" word, youve heard it before and have not been hurt by it.

And if you dont recognize it, than no harm done either way.

You can do what you want with your site, but its like c'mon.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;2246200 said:
I dont even understand the idea of a "bad" word. If you recognize it as a "bad" word, youve heard it before and have not been hurt by it.

And if you dont recognize it, than no harm done either way.

You can do what you want with your site, but its like c'mon.
It's real simple, either you can live with the way the site is run or you can't.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Hostile;2246203 said:
It's real simple, either you can live with the way the site is run or you can't.
I don't see what the argument is here, if you don't like the rule, move on. Simple

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;2246195 said:
No, it isn't. As I already posted before, it is a private forum with Guidelines. That is a rule we have consistently enforced for 6 years that I know of. If the warning isn't meaningful, why are you letting it bother you? Brush it off and go on. You can do that with what other posters say to you in threads. Yet you can't do that for the Moderators who are simply enforcing the Guidelines? What's the difference?
I did brush it off, didn't respond to it, and didn't bring it up to anyone except as an example in this thread. It doesn't change the fact that it's annoying, meaningless, and therefore pointless IMO.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;2246211 said:
I did brush it off, didn't respond to it, and didn't bring it up to anyone except as an example in this thread. It doesn't change the fact that it's annoying, meaningless, and therefore pointless IMO.
We'll agree to disagree. I still love ya. :D

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score

Ive never thought about it. Im just trying to make point about so called bad words. Ive been called every name there is, I never let a word bother me.

Just dont stab me and were cool. Stabbings are my pet peeve.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Yeah, I got a warning for calling someone who WAS an idiot, an idiot.

:(

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;2246213 said:
We'll agree to disagree. I still love ya. :D
Just run this **** by me in the future before you decide to implement the ****ing thing. I don't think that's too much to ask, ya big *********hair******comb.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
"Circumventing the filter? That's a paddlin'."

http://img362.*************/img362/7117/vlcsnap462547hk8.jpg

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
wait, what happens when you get a warning?

like they dock you points or something or I just get a pm?

I don't think I ever have got warned, that's not even right.

superpunk is a ****ing moron

that should do it