***PLEASE READ***Some Advice To Avoid An Infraction

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Hostile;2245521 said:
The only word that was filtered on the other forum that is not filtered here is "******." It was filtered there when it became a perjorative directed at Quincy Carter and caused some issues with losing good members. You wouldn't believe the drama that caused.

I was there. Trust me, I believe it.

BTW, thanks for the explanation.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I don't understand though why some legitimate non cuss words are filtered. In the appropriate context I used the word that starts with mastur and ends with bate and it was filtered.

That made no sense to me.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2245788 said:
I don't understand though why some legitimate non cuss words are filtered. In the appropriate context I used the word that starts with mastur and ends with bate and it was filtered.

That made no sense to me.
Because it serves no purpose in a family friendly atmosphere. There are plenty of places where saying some of these words are perfectly fine. Not here.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Man you guys are a bunch of ***** *** ****** ****** ***** in my ***** ***** and the donkey ***** *** ******* ************ with a ******** ****** ********* ******* grape jelly ******** ***** ***** David Hasselhoff ********* ***** ****** Commander loving **** **** ****** ******.!!!!!!!!!

;)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Hostile;2245802 said:
Because it serves no purpose in a family friendly atmosphere. There are plenty of places where saying some of these words are perfectly fine. Not here.

Thank you for providing an atmosphere that everyone can enjoy.

Too many people think it's their God-given right to be as obnoxious as they can. And when someone simply asks them to curb their language, they go the whole "First Amendment" argument as if that has anything to do with anything here.

Look, you're required to moderate our language many places in society. Being asked to do so here shouldn't be so hard. And if it is, then that's a sad commentary on the individual, i.e., that he or she is SO out of control that they can't submit themselves and their habits to a simple request for decency.

Again, thanks for laying down the law. :)

fredp22

Reaction score
How come any variation of Washington Commanders make it through the filter

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fredp22;2245947 said:

And what about Rowdy?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2245888 said:

Too many people think it's their God-given right to be as obnoxious as they can. And when someone simply asks them to curb their language, they go the whole "First Amendment" argument as if that has anything to do with anything here.

Look, you're required to moderate our language many places in society. Being asked to do so here shouldn't be so hard. And if it is, then that's a sad commentary on the individual, i.e., that he or she is SO out of control that they can't submit themselves and their habits to a simple request for decency.

If I had a dollar for every time I've been advised of someone's 1st Amendment rights to post whatever they want I swear I could take a month off work.

This is my response every time. From our Guidelines...

This site is promoted and moderated as a family friendly atmosphere. This is a recreational site that has substantial monthly costs, and is provided free of charge to everyone. Membership on this site is a privilege, not a right.
I don't know why that's so hard to grasp.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
fredp22;2245947 said:
You know, I do find the word offensive, but until the team or the NFL do something about it, it just seems wrong for us to.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2245888 said:

judge much?

Unfortunately, this site is fighting a losing battle. Those words are now on tv every night, they are now part of every day speech. Right or wrong that is the case.

When scientific terms are blocked for no real good reason (face it people younger than anyone posting on this board use them every day), it might have gone too far but then again I am just a dumb lib from north of the border who has no morals :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2246110 said:
judge much?

Unfortunately, this site is fighting a losing battle. Those words are now on tv every night, they are now part of every day speech. Right or wrong that is the case.
Yep, and that isn't going to change our policies even a fraction.

When scientific terms are blocked for no real good reason (face it people younger than anyone posting on this board use them every day),it might have gone too far.
There is a good reason in our opinion. You can either accept that or you can't.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
btw, when you say family friendly, what is the average age of posters here?

as an aside, why not create a subforum where the adults can write whatever they want, post links to whatever video they want and post adult oriented jokes, have a pop up which states you enter at your own risk and that sensitive ears and eyes should stay out? wouldn't that be a good solution to the issue? Then you can have a zero tolerance policy on the rest of the board (although I admit the only thing I have zero tolerance for is zero tolerance but I digress).

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2246157 said:
btw, when you say family friendly, what is the average age of posters here?
I have no idea. But my 11 year old daughter sits on my lap and reads with me in the evenings sometimes.

as an aside, why not create a subforum where the adults can write whatever they want, post links to whatever video they want and post adult oriented jokes, have a pop up which states you enter at your own risk and that sensitive ears and eyes should stay out? wouldn't that be a good solution to the issue? Then you can have a zero tolerance policy on the rest of the board (although I admit the only thing I have zero tolerance for is zero tolerance but I digress).
Not ever going to happen. We have reasons beyond age of some viewers.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We should consider filtering out people with nasty attitudes. Oh wait, we'd have about 10 members. ;)

superpunk

Reaction score
This is pretty dumb, imo.

Like the other day, got a warning because I put the words "dum" and "mass" together. Simple misspelling, or a simple variation. Filter did not catch it. Whatever.

I just feel like, this isn't kindergarten. Filter language. Leave the Naziism to the ****'s.

I realize this won't matter one bit, just my two pennies.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Clove;2246164 said:
We should consider filtering out people with nasty attitudes. Oh wait, we'd have about 10 members. ;)
I'd be homeless.