Please stop asking for the ball first if you win the coin flip

Big_D

Reaction score
The coin flip is stupid anyway. Why not just have the home team get the ball in the 2nd half. This way kicking off and receiving remains at 8 and 8. Like baseball. Home teams bat last. Same deal here. Not that difficult. It would help shorten the game cause then we don't have to sit through the charade of marching everyone out to midfield for the flip. If your'e the home team you kickoff.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
This is why, if I’m losing too much at checkers I’ll sometimes take the other color. If red doesn’t work, sometimes it’s effective to try black.
Now you’re being silly.

Black is statistically proven to be better in checkers. That’s why it’s in chess too.

Everyone knows that.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought you wanted to post more analytics..... this is that

Using all the info available to get an edge

He did not post info or a link in the OP...

I know for a fact that the Cowboys use analytics fairly extensively, especially in regards to roster management. I've crossed paths professionally with some people that worked with the Cowboys on those types of software tools/data.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep I believe you are right on this one shouldn't really matter it's just a strategy but it couldn't hurt to try changing strategies this coach has a hard time doing that obviously cannot make in-game adjustments or halftime adjustments of course that's because halftime is filled with going to the bathroom and other necessities other than winning the football game

I know a guy that was obsessed with the coin flip concept.

He is a statistics expert and works primarily in wireless communications technology development.

I have not talked to him in a couple of years. From what I recall, he looked at win/loss vs coin flip but he added some other variables. Some of the added variables were young QB vs veteran, great run offenses vs great pass offenses, "bad" teams vs "good" teams, win/loss in regards to point spreads, etc..

I think one simple analysis was where he removed all wins by teams that covered the points spread and removed all losses by teams that lost by the expected points or more based on the point spread. The remaining data was just the teams that didn't meet the expectations of the spread. My recollection is that in this scenario, the coins flip vs win/loss was far in favor of teams thatgot the ball first.