Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
*goes into a spiteful rage*

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:mad:

Just kidding, congratulations juke.

Reaction score
Jukie (ok Juke; whatever),

Congratulations seems to be the order of the day. If you'll accept congratulations from an Eagles fan, then I give it gladly. Because you see being a Mod-man (woman?) is a great responsibility. Mod men are not exclusive to our board (I may feel like a 2nd class citizen sometimes, but I'm a citizen nontheless).

I guess I'm probably thinking "outside-the-box" when I say that one day I hope our MB decides to have some mod representation from an opponent fanship (this isn't new concept, I've mentioned it to the mod-squad, and one other mod-man). The point is that you have to realize that another point of view is healthy; as long as that point of view is within designated guidelnes.

Sure, I'm sincere about congratulating you -- as I was when I gave well-wishes to the La Tuna fish (I still think he was joking when s/he threw out the "B" word on me). But by now I believe all of the mod-men know that I know when to fold em ...but I'm not a push over.

But I sure wish you guys would consider having an opponent fanship member as a mod. Not too many mod-men on any site would look out for other team fans without extreme prejudice.

Question: How would this MB act if I became a moderator? That's right, an Eagles Fan moderator on a Dalley C'Boy message Board! I can hear everyone rejecting the notion from here. But wait just a minute -- word would get out across the NFL MBs that you guys were pioneers; pathfinders, and precendence makers.

Listen, I'm not necessarily talking about myself ...I've read AJM's post (you all know him, he's been a member of this site for a Very long time) for over 6 months now -- he's fair, he's knows when to backup and proceed In another direction, and I've never seen him defend without cause. But I still believe He could add another dimension that would enhance our MB and represent an opponent perspective that no other MB currently has.

Would I accept such responsibility ...I'd have to tweak some things, but if asked, I could handle the challenge.

Ok, why not call it Mediator vis-a-vis Moderator. Implement as a test for a month. Go on, talk it over with each other. Do a survey! What harm will it do for a month.

Sensitive Time Periods to consider or that probabLy need to be worked out:

Opponent Mediator games played against the host MB Moderator/fans
(e.g., when Dalley plays the iggles, r'Skins, etc)

Deferred post that are directed toward/conflict with sensitive dalley C'boy
related issues (e.g., directly after a potential loss from the mediator's team)

Other arkward posts

Why can't opponent fans be considered as moderators/Mediator -- there's not restriction in the policy to become a MB member. Consider it before you reject It! :cool:

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Question: How would this MB act if I became a moderator? That's right, an Eagles Fan moderator on a Dalley C'Boy message Board! I can hear everyone rejecting the notion from here. But wait just a minute -- word would get out across the NFL MBs that you guys were pioneers; pathfinders, and precendence makers.

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v194/dmxinsd/Guillotine_anim.gif

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Jukie (ok Juke; whatever),

Hmmm...maybe we need a moderator just for the test forum
;)

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Hmmm...maybe we need a moderator just for the test forum ;)

If you were serious ... while I couldn't speak for AJM; I'd take a shot if I were asked.

I'm sure the "test" thread would become a Very interesting place to post.:cool:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
But wait just a minute -- word would get out across the NFL MBs that you guys were pioneers; pathfinders, and precendence makers.

I think the progressive pathfinder pioneer precedence making was pretty much covered by the appointment of the Jets fan. :D

Duane

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I think the progressive pathfinder pioneer precedence making was pretty much covered by the appointment of the Jets fan. :D
Who also loves the Cowboys. lol :D

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

True, however, he really hasn't been baptized by fire. :D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Why can't opponent fans be considered as moderators/Mediator -- there's not restriction in the policy to become a MB member. Consider it before you reject It! :cool:

OK, I promised myself I wouldn't post anything in this thread but this is a very good question.

First off, thanks for the kind words from everyone.

Now, on to the question proposed, as far as I'm concerned, being a good Mod here and a supporter of another team are not mutually exclusive terms. One can be a fan of another team and still be good as a mod. The key is, to be a supporter of this site. That's the most important aspect of the "job"

The way I view it, it's like being a good umpire. I am sure they all had favorite teams when growing up, and still do but it doesn't impair their judgement...IF they are good at what they do.

In fact, there are people here I don't agree with either in points of view, or sometimes how they express themselves BUT that wouldn't have any influence on me (assuming that everything was done within the posted guidelines) when "Modding"

As an aside, do you think you could ask an easier first question the next time a new mod is named? Geeeeeez.... :)

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Juke99 said:
OK, I promised myself I wouldn't post anything in this thread but this is a very good question.

First off, thanks for the kind words from everyone.

Now, on to the question proposed, as far as I'm concerned, being a good Mod here and a supporter of another team are not mutually exclusive terms. One can be a fan of another team and still be good as a mod. The key is, to be a supporter of this site. That's the most important aspect of the "job"

The way I view it, it's like being a good umpire. I am sure they all had favorite teams when growing up, and still do but it doesn't impair their judgement...IF they are good at what they do.

In fact, there are people here I don't agree with either in points of view, or sometimes how they express themselves BUT that wouldn't have any influence on me (assuming that everything was done within the posted guidelines) when "Modding"

As an aside, do you think you could ask an easier first question the next time a new mod is named? Geeeeeez.... :)

Now that was more intelligently and diplomatically said than anything I've seen from either presidential candidates' camps this fall.

My answer to Armaggeddon would have been "screw you, get lost".

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Now that was more intelligently and diplomatically said than anything I've seen from either presidential candidates' camps this fall.

My answer to Armaggeddon would have been "screw you, get lost".

I edited that part out. :D

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
OK, I promised myself I wouldn't post anything in this thread but this is a very good question. As an aside, do you think you could ask an easier first question the next time a new mod is named? Geeeeeez.... :)

I'm honored that you responded so eloquently (you're right up there with "the Mod-Squad). You fielded the question like a Vet-Mod (I've found your knickname = Vet-Mod)!

I agree with you. One sure way to determine MB dedication is tenure; consistency, and honesty. Consider the Mediator/Moderator option -- perhaps with limited Mod authority. A mediator would serve the MB as a liaison between opponent fans and moderators.

I know the question was heavy, but I figured you could handle it -- and you did! But think about the first 15-20 questions I'd get if I became a mod-man/mediator. Establish your parameters/criteria for the Opponent Fanship Mediator -- make a short list, let us take a look at your porposal. We can go from there.