Police acknowledge they are investigating alleged 2017 sexual assault by Dak

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Unless the woman has a witness or other women come forward saying Dak assaulted them, the police can’t do anything. It’s his word vs hers.
See Duke Lacrosse. If a DA has an agenda they’ll bring a case regardless of evidence.

This comes off like a money grab but never underestimate a politicians need for attention and DA’s are politicians.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Unless the Jane Doe and/or attorneys have some damning evidence it's going to be a he said she said. And in those cases it seems the DA just drops any case from forming.

Any medical tests done, any admissions of guilt via text back then etc...
Realistically, we've seen numerous cases recently that seem based on dubious evidence and accusations. And, in many instances these cases have gone to trial with, sometimes, varying outcomes.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
All this time we were calling Dak a bus driver..turns out he was in the back seat
Rim shot.........

monkey-rimshot-unimpressed.gif

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a member of CowboysZone, you must agree to the following rules:

#1 - You will not publicly question the actions of the staff or how this site is managed.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
See Duke Lacrosse. If a DA has an agenda they’ll bring a case regardless of evidence.

This comes off like a money grab but never underestimate a politicians need for attention and DA’s are politicians.
I keep hearing the opposite with the DFW area. If anything the woman and her lawyer could be in hot water. Think about it. A lawyer sent a star player a letter saying they want a $100 million dollars or else. In this climate of extortion around the country. I could see the judge going hard after the lady.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I keep hearing the opposite with the DFW area. If anything the woman and her lawyer could be in hot water. Think about it. A lawyer sent a star player a letter saying they want a $100 million dollars or else. In this climate of extortion around the country. I could see the judge going hard after the lady.
For her punishment, she should be forced to watch our last 3 playoff games at least 100 times! :muttley:

ghst187

Reaction score
Is this Jerry trying to get rid of Dak without paying him the rest of his salary or finding an excuse to move on? Hmmm

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It always amazes me how she’s assumed to be the liar to some. She is called a gold digger because Dak is just such a nice guy, it’s sad that she may be the victim of a rape and some couldn’t care less “because she asked for it “ mentality and I know some here don’t care if he did in fact rape her. And people wonder why women don’t come forward especially when high profile men are involved. Let’s wait and see the evidence and the outcome before publicly condemning her in the court of public opinion.
Knew it would ruffle someone's feathers. Just calling it like it is. Nothing to do with Dak's personality. Just that her lawyers sued for $100 million and promised not to file criminal charges or let the news leak. Instead of the normal process.... police investigation followed by civil case. Anyone can start the public process, doesn't mean anything. We'll never have to worry about it because we don't have $200 million dollars and are a public figure.

Creeper

Reaction score
If a complaint was filed, the police have to investigate. Clearly, the woman's attorney tried to extort a settlement by threatening a police investigation and Dak called his bluff by counter suing. The lawyer had no choice but to file a complaint.

I don't know the venue where this alleged rape occurred but a parking lot does not seem very private and Dak was an NFL QB so the possibility of a witness seeing them in the car, getting in the car, or getting out of the car would be likely, or would it? Dak admits having been with her consensually, but now she has to prove it wasn't, or get a grand jury to believe it wasn't at least. In a civil suit the burden of proof is much easier. A mere preponderance of evidence as opposed to beyond reasonable doubt. But preponderance does not mean no proof at all.

I suspect we will soon hear about a witness, possibly a friend of the woman claiming she was told of the rape around the time it occurred. The woman's lawyer seems like the type wo will "find" a witness like that.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Fair point. Either this girl has a major piece of evidence to demand that much cash or her lawyer is hoping to show a position of strength to get Dak's team to counter with a $5-10M counter offer to make everything go away.
This is 100% it. Start really high and see where you can get a bite. When Dak sees $100 million being held over the barrel of the gun, well, $5-$10 million a little later sounds like a great deal to get her to go away.

stiletto

Reaction score
I think it’s weird that Dak went from having no idea who she was to saying it was consensual.

Thats not a good look to change your story like that.
Not a good look but I am pretty sure everyone has some women they don't remember too well after nights out on the town when you are 22-23 years old after 7 years. I can sympathize with him on this one.

Staubacher

Reaction score
If a complaint was filed, the police have to investigate. Clearly, the woman's attorney tried to extort a settlement by threatening a police investigation and Dak called his bluff by counter suing. The lawyer had no choice but to file a complaint.

I don't know the venue where this alleged rape occurred but a parking lot does not seem very private and Dak was an NFL QB so the possibility of a witness seeing them in the car, getting in the car, or getting out of the car would be likely, or would it? Dak admits having been with her consensually, but now she has to prove it wasn't, or get a grand jury to believe it wasn't at least. In a civil suit the burden of proof is much easier. A mere preponderance of evidence as opposed to beyond reasonable doubt. But preponderance does not mean no proof at all.

I suspect we will soon hear about a witness, possibly a friend of the woman claiming she was told of the rape around the time it occurred. The woman's lawyer seems like the type wo will "find" a witness like that.
Jailhouse lawyer alert!

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Not a good look but I am pretty sure everyone has some women they don't remember too well after nights out on the town when you are 22-23 years old after 7 years. I can sympathize with him on this one.
Another reason why I doubt the truthfulness of accuser. This happened close to Dak's rookie year. I'm sure a lot of these athletes have to learn the hard way not to trust anyone. Must suck. They can't even do a one night stand like us and never thing about it again. Everything is fair game. If I were a $200million+ pro athlete, I'd be tempted to have a consensual agreement for every woman to sign on my night stand. LOL