Police acknowledge they are investigating alleged 2017 sexual assault by Dak

Ghost12

Reaction score
This issue is not so easily discarded -- even though the alleged incident took place in 2017.

Witness testimony/corroborating evidence, DNA evidence, or medical records are needed to back up the claim.

Physical evidence – such as DNA, blood, clothing, hair, and fibers – are often the main pieces of evidence upon which prosecutors base their cases.
However, evidence also comes in other forms – including digital.
My guess is she has no real evidence, otherwise her lawyer would have referenced it in the initial demand letter.

The goal all along was to get Prescott to pay her off for her silence. That goal would have been far more easy to achieve if she told him she had some solid evidence backing up her claim.

plymkr

Reaction score
Unless the Jane Doe and/or attorneys have some damning evidence it's going to be a he said she said. And in those cases it seems the DA just drops any case from forming.

Any medical tests done, any admissions of guilt via text back then etc...
Right. I don’t believe they would investigate based on just verbal admission. For the police to take it and investigate there has to be more than “he raped me 7 years ago”. There’s one aspect to this story that comes to mind. Originally it was reported that Dak and the alleged victim corresponded through Snapchat. Snapchat deletes messages/pics/posts after 24 hours. A lot of people will take pictures of the Snapchat and then when SC deletes the chat the person still has a record. Just a thought.

Until due process is done I feel our biggest concern is Goodell. Goodell doesn’t care about justice. He’s so unpredictable. Deshaun Watson got a similar suspension as Zeke. Zeke didn’t do anything. It didn’t matter. Dak may be cleared by the police but the all seeing eyes of Goodell could get a massive suspension.

If these idiots, Jerry and Stephen, sign Dak to an extension without Goodell’s final judgement then they truly are the worst FO in the league. As of right now, until we get more facts, I’m more concerned about the stupidity of the Jones family and the unpredictability of Goodell. And how those two factors can intertwine with this thing.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Right. I don’t believe they would investigate based on just verbal admission. For the police to take it and investigate there has to be more than “he raped me 7 years ago”.
Respectfully, no there doesn't. If she files criminal charges, which she did, in this day and age the police (and prosecutors) are going to want to establish they investigated her claims as thoroughly as they could.

Western

Reaction score
My guess is she has no real evidence, otherwise her lawyer would have referenced it in the initial demand letter.

The goal all along was to get Prescott to pay her off for her silence. That goal would have been far more easy to achieve if she told him she had some solid evidence backing up her claim.
Maybe the 'real' evidence is not fully disclosed in the initial letter -- either as a continued upper hand negotiation ploy, or the alleged victim has not fully disclosed/revealed the real evidence to her attorneys.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Right. I don’t believe they would investigate based on just verbal admission. For the police to take it and investigate there has to be more than “he raped me 7 years ago”. There’s one aspect to this story that comes to mind. Originally it was reported that Dak and the alleged victim corresponded through Snapchat. Snapchat deletes messages/pics/posts after 24 hours. A lot of people will take pictures of the Snapchat and then when SC deletes the chat the person still has a record. Just a thought.
This picture just leaked on the net showing the old Snapchat pictures sent from Dak's jaded lover.

282642472-775ade6dc84d4fd29548b3a5e2dab37d.jpg

plymkr

Reaction score
The letter was dated January 16. Even if it was transmitted electronically and he received it immediately, it was still 2 days after the GB game. Is there a chance he caught wind in advance of it coming? Who knows....
Could have been. Also remember when Dak was depressed and said he had trouble working out and Skip Bayless was a jerk about it. Well that one article said that “other women are going to come forward”. I wonder if that had something to do with it. Totally reaching here, I admit it, but if there are other women involved and he got wind they might come forward that would cause a significant mental health toll.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

There is no scoop. Fish rehashes a case for extortion. "Dak is Garbage?" He refers to some faceless facebook poster. Same old rehash of the dueling lawsuits between Dak and his rape accuser.

What is really disturbing is Fish talking legalese.
The old boy referred to a "criminal lawsuit" ... Whaaa???

*Then Fish, in general, slams the Dak sex case accuser. Then he says I'm not taking a side. Sod.
*Fish lavishes love on Gallup, LVE and Dorance Armstrong.
*However Fish does say something unsettling and, perhaps new: The certainty that the NFL will be investigating. Wow, me lads, I had never thought the case in tha scope. Thought it would be a he said she said case soon to be dismissed.

Holla

plymkr

Reaction score
He refers to some faceless facebook poster.
The faceless Facebook poster is one of the lawyers that posted on Facebook that “Dak is garbage and needs to be held accountable for his play on the field”. Fish stated he’s a Cowboys troll on social media. Not a good look for an attorney who sent a letter to Dak for 100 million dollars. More than likely this lawyer will not be practicing much longer due to his unethical conduct in this case according to Fish.

What we have to worry in this case is what the police investigation will uncover and what Goodell decides to do. Goodell is so unpredictable that, like Zeke, Dak can be completely exonerated but still get suspended. So now we play the waiting game to let due process happen and hopefully Dak is innocent and Goodell doesn’t get power hungry. I don’t trust Goodell regardless of the what the investigation uncovers. Zeke’s investigation uncovered he was innocent and bam 6 game suspension.

plymkr

Reaction score
I hate these situations because I never know who's telling the truth. We can have our feelings that she's lying or that he's guilty but we weren't there. So I'm not going to make him guilty or innocent unless it's proven one way or another.
I hate these situations too. Sucks

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The faceless Facebook poster is one of the lawyers that posted on Facebook that “Dak is garbage and needs to be held accountable for his play on the field”. Fish stated he’s a Cowboys troll on social media. Not a good look for an attorney who sent a letter to Dak for 100 million dollars. More than likely this lawyer will not be practicing much longer due to his unethical conduct in this case according to Fish.

What we have to worry in this case is what the police investigation will uncover and what Goodell decides to do. Goodell is so unpredictable that, like Zeke, Dak can be completely exonerated but still get suspended. So now we play the waiting game to let due process happen and hopefully Dak is innocent and Goodell doesn’t get power hungry. I don’t trust Goodell regardless of the what the investigation uncovers. Zeke’s investigation uncovered he was innocent and bam 6 game suspension.
Who's going to cry if Dak gets suspended?
Is this the QB you see on the field one who wins games for us?
Ya if it's the Giants or the Panthers, you know some sub-.500 team.
Goodell would be doing us a favor....................

plymkr

Reaction score
Who's going to cry if Dak gets suspended?
I’m going to cry if Dak gets a contract extension and is the highest paid player in NFL history and then gets suspended for conduct detrimental to the league. If we don’t extend him and he’s playing on the last year of his contract then I’m good with that. That would mean more reps for Lance so we can evaluate Lance.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Legally yes. But the NFL makes their decisions based on what they believe. Same goes for endorsements.
His endorsements will take a hit for sure.
She's already costing him $...................the final tally might be a lot more.