Police acknowledge they are investigating alleged 2017 sexual assault by Dak

Sjoseph316

Reaction score
Unless the Jane Doe and/or attorneys have some damning evidence it's going to be a he said she said. And in those cases it seems the DA just drops any case from forming.

Any medical tests done, any admissions of guilt via text back then etc...
This is how it used to be but not anymore. Now factors like who the judge and DA are and their beliefs come into play. For example if the DA is a huge Dallas fan and thinks Dak is our best chance to win then no charges. But if the DA is a fan of a different team or they just want Dak sidelined then they’ll charge him with whatever they want, they don’t need evidence of anything anymore.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Most likely. But wouldn't a gold digger ask for something like 5-10 million, not 100 million? That's the one curious part about all of this.
She cannot sue him because the statute of limitations on filing a civil suit has expired. That's why she sent the "give me $100 million or I'm going public and pressing charges" letter (she can still file criminal charges until 2027). Obviously the $100 million was her opening demand with the notion that she would negotiate down.

She got more than she bargained for though when Dak fired the first salvo.
Fair point. Either this girl has a major piece of evidence to demand that much cash or her lawyer is hoping to show a position of strength to get Dak's team to counter with a $5-10M counter offer to make everything go away.
She doesn't have crap in terms of evidence, or else she would have played her cards much sooner.
I keep hearing the opposite with the DFW area. If anything the woman and her lawyer could be in hot water. Think about it. A lawyer sent a star player a letter saying they want a $100 million dollars or else. In this climate of extortion around the country. I could see the judge going hard after the lady.
The letter sure does come off as an attempt at extortion to me. The reason why is because she can't sue him. So the lawyer can't say he was just trying to have an out of court settlement. This was pure "give us money or we are going public with this accusation."

I think Dak has a very good case. Even if she is telling the truth (which I highly doubt but stay with me), what she did is still extortion.
If a complaint was filed, the police have to investigate.
It is a high profile case. The police know they have to dot all the i's and cross all the t's but I cannot imagine for the life of me there is any legit evidence of assault 7 years later.
There is zero reason to not allow both. Prescott can be presumed innocent. The alleged victim can be presumed to be telling the truth. Neither cancel the other out.
The burden of proof (in a criminal trial) rests with the prosecution. You do not go into court assuming the accused is guilty nor do we presume the alleged victim is telling the truth.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It will settle quietly out of court before camp. Not before the Joneses use this to their advantage. The timing of it all has Jerry's fingerprints all over it. The radio station already made Dak out to be a predator in the eyes of many. Like always, the local Dallas media are putting a narrative out that isn't Dak friendly. They should have waited for it to play out.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If Dak did do something, why is it suddenly out now? Why wait 7 years or more? Unless...hmm

baltcowboy

Reaction score
She cannot sue him because the statute of limitations on filing a civil suit has expired. That's why she sent the "give me $100 million or I'm going public and pressing charges" letter (she can still file criminal charges until 2027). Obviously the $100 million was her opening demand with the notion that she would negotiate down.

She got more than she bargained for though when Dak fired the first salvo.

She doesn't have crap in terms of evidence, or else she would have played her cards much sooner.

The letter sure does come off as an attempt at extortion to me. The reason why is because she can't sue him. So the lawyer can't say he was just trying to have an out of court settlement. This was pure "give us money or we are going public with this accusation."

I think Dak has a very good case. Even if she is telling the truth (which I highly doubt but stay with me), what she did is still extortion.

It is a high profile case. The police know they have to dot all the i's and cross all the t's but I cannot imagine for the life of me there is any legit evidence of assault 7 years later.

The burden of proof (in a criminal trial) rests with the prosecution. You do not go into court assuming the accused is guilty nor do we presume the alleged victim is telling the truth.
You make excellent points. This will probably go away. It’s scary how having an encounter can cost you your career just like that. I think she saw what happened with Watson and decided to make a call to a ambulance chasing attorney.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Yes, the alleged consensual incident happened in 2017. Dak's accuser stepped forward just a couple months ago saying she could not keep silent any longer. At least this is my understanding.
Except, as her own (lawyer's) letter indicates, she was perfectly happy and willing to keep silent. In exchange for a cool one hundred mill.
Or Dak assaulted her and she is horrified and embarrassed, he becomes the face of the cowboys and she saw what happened with Ben, Tyson and Kobe and was afraid of the fallout. See it goes both ways don't assume
Interesting you mention Ben, Tyson and Kobe. All 3 of the women in those situations got paid.

Last edited:

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Except, as her own (lawyer's) letter indicates, she was perfectly happy and willing to keep silent. In exchange for a cool one hundred mill.

Interesting you mention Ben, Tyson and Kobe. All 3 of the women in those situations got paid.
And the other 2 shoulda went to jail too

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
This is how it used to be but not anymore. Now factors like who the judge and DA are and their beliefs come into play. For example if the DA is a huge Dallas fan and thinks Dak is our best chance to win then no charges. But if the DA is a fan of a different team or they just want Dak sidelined then they’ll charge him with whatever they want, they don’t need evidence of anything anymore.
Some of you DFW locals who want Trey Lance to start need to get on that jury. :muttley:

Ghost12

Reaction score
It took my wife 10 years to come out about hers
Did she send her assailant a demand letter for $100 million in exchange for remaining silent? Because that letter sure makes it seem as though this is a money grab and not some sort of principled stand the accuser is making.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Lol, doubt it. Dak has proven he doesn’t need help with sucking in the playoffs. Unless he’s been accused of rape 5 times.
The letter was dated January 16. Even if it was transmitted electronically and he received it immediately, it was still 2 days after the GB game. Is there a chance he caught wind in advance of it coming? Who knows....

Western

Reaction score
This issue is not so easily discarded -- even though the alleged incident took place in 2017.

Witness testimony/corroborating evidence, DNA evidence, or medical records are needed to back up the claim.

Physical evidence – such as DNA, blood, clothing, hair, and fibers – are often the main pieces of evidence upon which prosecutors base their cases.
However, evidence also comes in other forms – including digital.

Digital evidence usually refers to any information stored on a computer, cell phone, or another electronic device. Some common examples of digital evidence presented as exhibits by prosecutors in jury trials are:

Text messages
Dating app correspondence
Phone logs
Emails
Photographic or document data stored on a computer

While it is not often that digital evidence is the only basis upon which a person is charged in sexual assault cases, it can lend credibility to the prosecution’s claim of force, or lack of consent.
Written, and oral statements that she made to others at the time of incident, and other contemporaneous records are relevant.

Moreover, the NFL/Goodell are much more flexible in determining guilt, or innocence in this cases.
This could evolve into a PR disaster for the NFL, Cowboys, and Dak -- hence at the end of the day, it may require a negotiated 'payoff' to make it go away quickly.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I hate these situations because I never know who's telling the truth. We can have our feelings that she's lying or that he's guilty but we weren't there. So I'm not going to make him guilty or innocent unless it's proven one way or another.