FEATURED Poll: Grade the Cowboys off-season

What grade would you give the FO for this year’s off-season free agency, draft and contracts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RonWashington

Reaction score
I give the FO a C , the OL has gotten younger and depth seems to be on the roster . The LB corp is getting younger with the exception of Kendrick’s who’s probably a one yr Cowboy . Carson adds to Bland Diggs & Lewis which would indicate depth . Glad neither the QB or HC have been extended although the Love contract in GB is staggering .

On the downside the Running game seems frightful and I’m certain a DT has to be added ( veteran ) sometime this summer .

Overall this division has gotten better and with playoffs not nearly a sure thing in 24 .

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
I’m not sure how anyone could give them anything, but an F. We heard about going all in from Jerry, but at the end of the day this team is not near as good as it was last year and it was still a number of key players short of being a true contender. We’re looking at another mediocre season and probably a first round playoff loss if we even get in at all. I know each year there’s usually a couple of unexpected players that step up and stand out but this team lost a lot of talent and has still yet to sign its key players which will affect play on the field. And if that’s not enough, everyone knows this team is one season away from re-entering a rebuilding phase. Everyone has 1 foot out the door from the owner to the coach and all players in between. There’s even substantial rumors that Jerry is consider to be selling this team. it’s pretty much guaranteed that the coaching staff isn’t coming back and many of the star players don’t want to be here past next year. If you’re a lifelong Cowboys fan, you better enjoy whatever this season gives us because it’s our last decent season, probably for several years or the foreseeable future.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Only two possible grades IMO:
F: fairly large talent reduction
Incomplete. --pending contract extensions/signings.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I gave a C. Because if they are cleaning house, and using this as a reset year, then they are doing fine. If they get a new contract for Dak & MM, then they get an F-. Not because I hate them or anything, just that they picked the most expensive possible path to keep status quo, which is not a recipe for success.
Interesting take but... If they are using this as a reset year they should be moving pieces for future value.
Playing out 1 more year for Dak, CeeDee, Micah is not a reset.

Aven8

Reaction score
F no doubt.

One LB in FA and washed up Zeke, and never drafting a RB?! I mean come on folks…..

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I'll go with incomplete. There's still a chance to get a good RB and DT via cut downs and/or trades.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I’m not sure how anyone could give them anything, but an F. We heard about going all in from Jerry, but at the end of the day this team is not near as good as it was last year and it was still a number of key players short of being a true contender. We’re looking at another mediocre season and probably a first round playoff loss if we even get in at all. I know each year there’s usually a couple of unexpected players that step up and stand out but this team lost a lot of talent and has still yet to sign its key players which will affect play on the field. And if that’s not enough, everyone knows this team is one season away from re-entering a rebuilding phase. Everyone has 1 foot out the door from the owner to the coach and all players in between. There’s even substantial rumors that Jerry is consider to be selling this team. it’s pretty much guaranteed that the coaching staff isn’t coming back and many of the star players don’t want to be here past next year. If you’re a lifelong Cowboys fan, you better enjoy whatever this season gives us because it’s our last decent season, probably for several years or the foreseeable future.

If there is one thing I liked in this writing it would be the selling of the team. Now I would be all in on this for sure.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
4jtryk.jpg

visionary

Reaction score
I gave it a B if the thought is to rebuild

If we resign Dak to a 60 million contract then the grade becomes an F

If you were going to resign Dak then you support him by signing impact FAs not sitting on your hands or you dont sign him and move on. I would trade Parsons right now for the right price

J-man

Reaction score
I gave it a C
The draft was pretty good, but not drafting or signing a starting caliber RB, plus not getting any of these deals done yet, is head scratching to me.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I gave it a C
The draft was pretty good, but not drafting or signing a starting caliber RB, plus not getting any of these deals done yet, is head scratching to me.

This, the RB they wanted I think the Panthers moved up and took him but still thought we would get one somewhere.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
D- I dont blame FO for getting rid of some of the fat but to completely ignore positions like the DT and RB is just baffling. Plus the Lamb contract should have already been done as well as a decision on Dak (either way), plus a lame duck coach, a new retread defensive coordinator......I have never been this uncertain about a season in my 54 years of fandom.....even the late 80's early 90s you could see after they got Emmit there was some sort of plan. Guess we just wait and see.......

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Gave them an A because they did exactly what I expected them to do.