FEATURED Poll: Grade the Cowboys off-season

What grade would you give the FO for this year’s off-season free agency, draft and contracts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Think the draft was positive in relation to 2023, but feel as if a couple opportunities were missed, so that aspect of the offseason was a B.

Free agency was virtually non-existent so that should receive an INCOMPLETE grade.

And since the Jones' appear to be genetically predisposed to having undocumented prefrontal cortex abnormalities, the handling of contracts continues to be 61% shy of being terrible.

I had to go with a D. Not sure a solid draft class could even salvage a C.

nobody

Reaction score
I wasn't paying attention and clicked C when I meant D. Oh well. Not a total F, but still a piss poor off-season.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I gave an F because after that awful GB loss McCarthy and Dak should of been run outta Dallas.

John813

Reaction score
C.

These type of offseasons are the norm.

Ignore FA, focus on the draft. Not like the team does anything else.

Bagman

Reaction score
F. Numerically.......0.0
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through the offseason.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
D. Lots of losses and little gains. I did like the draft.

If the Cowboys let Dak walk, things do look a little different, because that means that they planned out 2024 as a designated tank year. But if they're trying to compete this season, they're not doing a good job of it. They got worse, not better.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
F - Based on my belief they will re-sign Prescott to another contract. I reserve the right to change it to an A++++++ if i am wrong and they let him walk.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
With training camp and pre-season at its beginning, looking back on the spring off-season of free agency, the draft and contracts, what grade would you give the Cowboys front office? I’m using a traditional A-F grading scale.

Tell us why you issued the grade assigned.
What off season? My 4 year old grandson would have done more. At least he is cute enough to get one high priority FA.

Brax

Reaction score
F
Didn’t dump Dak, or MM, brought back a washed Zeke, had to listen to all in. The only thing that they got right was floating around the rim as it goes down the toilet. Imagine saying Dak has to do more with less and expecting him and MM to actually do that sad oh so sad

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'll let you know after the season
(Except for losing Williams)

1st Rd

2020 - CD Lamb WR

2021 - Mica Parsons LB

2022 - Tyler Smith OT

2023 - Mazi Smith DT

2024 - Tyler Guyton OT

2nd Rd

2020 Trevon Diggs | Round 2, Pick 51

CB
2021 Kelvin Joseph | Round 2, Pick 44

DB
2022 Sam Williams | Round 2, Pick 56

EDGE, Ole Miss
2023 Luke Schoonmaker | Round 2, Pick 58

TE,
2024 Marshawn Kneeland | Round 2, Pick 56

EDGE

Tops of last FIVE DRAFTS

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I gave it a D instead of an F because I was fully expecting them to do nothing in FA and they came through. I did not include the draft in my grade analysis because it's pointless this early.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
With training camp and pre-season at its beginning, looking back on the spring off-season of free agency, the draft and contracts, what grade would you give the Cowboys front office? I’m using a traditional A-F grading scale.

Tell us why you issued the grade assigned.
I watched Guyton handle Micah pretty much yesterday. A grade!!!!!!!!!! Thats it, hes a HOF left tackle, we have struck Godl.

Now my grade and comments are just as ridiculous as anyone giving them an F and saying we have failed.... its way too early to make any conclusions.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I went with a "C" because I don't know if losing who we did will actually really hurt us that much.
well looking at Guyton and hearing others at camp discussing him means we might not hurt losing Tyron and his contract.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched Guyton handle Micah pretty much yesterday. A grade!!!!!!!!!! Thats it, hes a HOF left tackle, we have struck Godl.

Now my grade and comments are just as ridiculous as anyone giving them an F and saying we have failed.... its way too early to make any conclusions.
Reid, I agree it is certainly too early to declare the season a disaster. It’s not too early to say they had a terrible off-season.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Reid, I agree it is certainly too early to declare the season a disaster. It’s not too early to say they had a terrible off-season.
how can you say anything about the off season this early? If Guyton ends up being an all pro type player this year... what happens to that terrible off season grade then?

BHendri5

Reaction score

Yes, I agree anyone that’s grading them an F that’s just trash thinking