Video: Poll - Prescott to Olawale TD Incompletion

Which of the following best summaries your thoughts about the play?

• Total voters

bcavi

Reaction score
Dak threw a catchable ball, Olawale whiffed (should have been a poll option), not even a drop. He did not even touch the thing. Extend his arms even a little bit and this would not be a conversation. Not sure this is worth hyper-analyzing, but some of you actually blame Dak? Blame him for bad missed throws or holding the ball too long, but after this play I would not be screaming at my QB for a "terrible" pass, but O would have gotten the 3rd degree for an inexcusable missed opportunity, 1st down or TD. He should have caught a catchable ball, how this is twisted any other way is mind boggling.

bcavi

Reaction score
Dak threw a catchable ball, Olawale whiffed (should have been a poll option), not even a drop. He did not even touch the thing. Extend his arms even a little bit and this would not be a conversation. Not sure this is worth hyper-analyzing, but some of you actually blame Dak? Blame him for bad missed throws or holding the ball too long, but after this play I would not be screaming at my QB for a "terrible" pass, but O would have gotten the 3rd degree for an inexcusable missed opportunity, 1st down or TD. He should have caught a catchable ball, how this is twisted any other way is mind blowing.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak threw a catchable ball, Olawale whiffed (should have been a poll option), not even a drop. He did not even touch the thing. Extend his arms even a little bit and this would not be a conversation. Not sure this is worth hyper-analyzing, but some of you actually blame Dak? Blame him for bad missed throws or holding the ball too long, but after this play I would not be screaming at my QB for a "terrible" pass, but O would have gotten the 3rd degree for an inexcusable missed opportunity, 1st down or TD. He should have caught a catchable ball, how this is twisted any other way is mind blowing.

You can say that again!

kskboys

Reaction score
Some of you really need to make it a point to go watch Tom Brady. He throws passes all over the place to Edelmann and White and whomever and they go and get it. Seriously, yes, the pass could have been better, no question there, but it was plenty good enough. Passes from the QB in generally are not perfect. In fact, when a pass is perfect, the announcers go on and on about it, and they often pick one or two to show ad nauseum on BSPN.

GO WATCH SOME OTHER QB's. And not on the highlight reel.

No, I am not defending Dak. I am defending this one pass by Dak. Overall, kid needs to improve in several areas.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The OP ( ;) ) stated 'physically incapable' according to what some members had inferred or flat out stated--namely that Olawale would have broken the laws of physics in order to make the catch. Of course, the video suggests otherwise in my highest opinion.
Oh, is that what you meant? I took it to mean he wasn't physically talented enough.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some of you really need to make it a point to go watch Tom Brady. He throws passes all over the place to Edelmann and White and whomever and they go and get it. Seriously, yes, the pass could have been better, no question there, but it was plenty good enough. Passes from the QB in generally are not perfect. In fact, when a pass is perfect, the announcers go on and on about it, and they often pick one or two to show ad nauseum on BSPN.

GO WATCH SOME OTHER QB's. And not on the highlight reel.

No, I am not defending Dak. I am defending this one pass by Dak. Overall, kid needs to improve in several areas.
So you're saying the pass could've been better, which is how most of us voted. Only 1.1% said it was uncatchable.

kskboys

Reaction score
So you're saying the pass could've been better, which is how most of us voted. Only 1.1% said it was uncatchable.
Sure. Looking at it from that angle, all passes could be better. Very few perfect passes out there. In fact, so many passes could be better that it's really not even worth mentioning!!!!!!

starman22

Reaction score
Boggling to me that half of us think they drop was Dak’s fault.

It doesn't look that way to me. From the poll, there are only 5 that said it was uncatchable.

If the poll would have said:

Pass could have been a little better, it should have 99.9% been caught anyway.

I think you would see a vast majority vote for it.
That is also not blaming him for the pass.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, is that what you meant? I took it to mean he wasn't physically talented enough.
Nope. What you took as 'wasn't physically talented enough' is what I meant for the option: Olawale was incapable of catching the pass & should not have been on the field. There were a couple members making that assertion before I made the poll also. ;)

Dante54

Reaction score
From my observation it’s a horrible play call from the 5 yard line and designed to throw it a blocking fullback lol Blake Jarwin should’ve been in the backfield. This is not about bashing the Cowboys when they lose this is about playcalling this is about execution and the number one problem the Cowboys have is adjusting during the game. They came in with the same game plan every week never make adjustments and easy to scheme against. The knowledgeable cowboy fans will understand that Garrett and Linehan Offense is old and predictable. Yes we will win but we will never win against big-time teams in the playoffs with a screen from the 1980s

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Dak supporters - "greatest pass in NFL history dropped by scrub FB."
Seriously? THATS All you got? Your either a total idiot or blind. Watch the play dufus, dude just DROPS it... any player worth their salt could have made that catch. And yea I'm calling him a scrub... IF he was worth a crap, he would be on the field EVERY game EVERY play.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
It wasnt that hard of a catch, agreed. But the guy was wide open again.
SO, I guess DAK needs to throw the pass, and then run out and CATCH it himself? Grief, you frigging people won't be happy until were a complete wash...

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Should not have been in the game; or if in game, should have been decoy for someone else getting the pass. Dak should stop fading backward on his passes. A possible seven points to avoid the dreaded shutout.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Should not have been in the game; or if in game, should have been decoy for someone else getting the pass. Dak should stop fading backward on his passes. A possible seven points to avoid the dreaded shutout.

why? He has played 7 years in the league and this was not his 1st time having a pass thrown to him.