Video: Poll - Prescott to Olawale TD Incompletion

Which of the following best summaries your thoughts about the play?

• Total voters

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can't fault Dak. You can't expect Dak to lead him on that play because Dak could overthrow him. Olawale MUST make that catch.
It's almost laughable because Olawale clearly misjudges where the ball is. It reminds me of a Facebook video of a dog being tossed food and just TOTALLY misses catching it with his mouth.
Olawale's hands were no where near where they should have been to catch that ball.
There's a difference of about 6 or 7 yards between that throw and an overthrow. I agree, it was a very catchable ball, but I'm sure the throw was much shorter and softer than it is when they practice it. I'm just saying I can conceivably understand how someone who never gets thrown to in games could miss it.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Easiest pass to catch .

Dak has thrown some terrible passes, but certainly not his one . A 9 year old girl could have caught that .

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me the 2nd choice is the only choice in the bunch. Dak did not throw a good pass, but it was catchable. Dak needs to get the ball to the receiver and not make him wait on lazy floater, which is hard when the receiver is trying to be sure he gets in the end zone, but because it the throw was so soft there was time to adjust to it and recognize it, and Olawale did an extremely poor job of that.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
To me the 2nd choice is the only choice in the bunch. Dak did not throw a good pass, but it was catchable. Dak needs to get the ball to the receiver and not make him wait on lazy floater, which is hard when the receiver is trying to be sure he gets in the end zone, but because it the throw was so soft there was time to adjust to it and recognize it, and Olawale did an extremely poor job of that.
Pretty much this.

The fact that it was dropped doesn't discount the fact that it was a bad throw.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
There's a difference of about 6 or 7 yards between that throw and an overthrow. I agree, it was a very catchable ball, but I'm sure the throw was much shorter and softer than it is when they practice it. I'm just saying I can conceivably understand how someone who never gets thrown to in games could miss it.

Oh, I can understand that too. But he still should have caught it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Personally, I think #1 fits this scenario, in that Olawale wasn't athletic enough to catch it.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I disagree. His hands don't come anywhere near the ball. And he's looking BACK at the ball so it's not like he hasn't already slowed his momentum. The drop was so egregious that its awful in its simplicity.
But this play is over and done with. I don't care to argue for pages about this. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
The pass was more horrible then the drop the pass was bad the drop was a product of the pass a catch would have been a great catch you can disagree all you want but it’s right there for you to see that if he caught it it would have been a adjustment catch

Staubacher

Reaction score
I'm still wondering how Dak underthrew that pass. The guy was literally right in front of him.

I maintain it's a mental block with Dak, not physical. I think he tenses up when he spots a wide open receiver and thinks too much about missing the guy rather than just letting it rip. His best throws are when he isn't thinking too much like when he is on the run or operating from no huddle two minute

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally, I think #1 fits this scenario, in that Olawale wasn't athletic enough to catch it.

physically incapable of adjusting to it .... wasn't athletic enough to catch it ....

lol - I'm not sure if the OP meant for those things to be synonymous, but that works for me.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
physically incapable of adjusting to it .... wasn't athletic enough to catch it ....

lol - I'm not sure if the OP meant for those things to be synonymous, but that works for me.
The OP ( ;) ) stated 'physically incapable' according to what some members had inferred or flat out stated--namely that Olawale would have broken the laws of physics in order to make the catch. Of course, the video suggests otherwise in my highest opinion.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Decided to go wth a different Olawale video than the one I found earlier today. The video is much longer (11 minutes) and has no audio. Or I hope it is audioless since I only skimmed it. :omg:

Anyway, it shows his North Texas career divided between tight end, wide receiver and halfback. Considering Olawale was signed by a junior college as a high school tight end, it is apparent he has a much better receiving skill set than those emphasizing he is a simple CONVERTED fullback 'overwhelmed' by Prescott's pass.

Bennie

Reaction score
This isn't the first time Dak has shorted armed a pass and it won't be his last. He can't seem to get out of his own way.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boggling to me that half of us think they drop was Dak’s fault.