Video: Poll - Prescott to Olawale TD Incompletion

Which of the following best summaries your thoughts about the play?

• Total voters

Doomsday101

Reaction score
its where it was placed though .. if overthrown a bit its easier to do .... underthrown is impossible at speed he was running. H e aint gonna stop on a dime cut back in that short time of pass.

I expect a high school kid to catch it, he did not even extend his arms out, he waited on the ball. Go get the damn ball.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I expect a high school kid to catch it, he did not even extend his arms out, he waited on the ball. Go get the damn ball.
Absolutely.

That dude should've been released on the flight home.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Not a great pass and I would have given Olawale the benefit of the doubt for dropping it if he WAS EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO CATCHING IT. Dude's hands were closed and like a half foot from where the ball arrived when it got to him. Not an exaggeration to say it was one of the worst attempted catches by an NFL player I've ever seen
During the Post-Game, Tony Gonzalez said we should have Olawale's eyes checked out, he couldn't believe he missed the catch that badly.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Absolutely.

That dude should've been released on the flight home.

I would not go that far, hell if this team is going to give others who were suspended a second chance why would I not give Olawale a chance for redemption?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I can't fault Dak. You can't expect Dak to lead him on that play because Dak could overthrow him. Olawale MUST make that catch.
It's almost laughable because Olawale clearly misjudges where the ball is. It reminds me of a Facebook video of a dog being tossed food and just TOTALLY misses catching it with his mouth.
Olawale's hands were no where near where they should have been to catch that ball.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
"they had Amari Cooper out of the game."

Even if you're not throwing to him, he's the guy most that teams would most likely feel the need to double. And he's on the sideline. While we're at the goal line.

Sure fooled them! Genius!
Actually, they did fool them. But the FB just didn't catch the ball. Great play design, bad hands. Shrug.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
The ball was slightly underthrown but there is a vast difference between a pass hitting the ground feet or yards away from the qarterback's intended receiver and a ball falling within a player's catch radius.

Olawale's elbows were bent. Prescott's ball hit his fingertips. Olawale had a very good opportunity of catching the ball in comparison to the underthrow examples you mentioned.

We are never gonna agree, do we ...

Anyway. A good QB counts for all these in their head. Especially when they are not throwing to a true WR. Olawale is fullback, you need to make the pass as easy to catch as possible.

:cool:

Seven

Reaction score
In my opinion it was difficult from Olawale's perspective, not necessary due to Prescott's pass. The one thing that I do not disagree with critics, whom I believe incorrectly placed the majority or all blame on Prescott's attempt, is the fact Olawale was trying to run parallel to the goal line as his pattern dictated. However, he did not make any realistic adjustment to the path of the ball. True, his inertia was carrying him toward the front pylon (a valid observation by Prescott critics) but a hard right foot placement he could have done easily in stride would have adjusted his forward momentum enough and possibly made his hand/eye coordination a tad better. Unfortunately, he did practically nothing below the waist and did not do enough above the waist (e.g. hand placement) to snag the pass.
Agreed.

The dude didn't even TRY and go get the ball. He looked about as coordinated as my grandma in her walker.

Seven

Reaction score
I would not go that far, hell if this team is going to give others who were suspended a second chance why would I not give Olawale a chance for redemption?
Because they're halfway decent athletes.

Johnson would've.............and I would have agreed.

A player that has played maybe 15 plays? Gone.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I can't fault Dak. You can't expect Dak to lead him on that play because Dak could overthrow him. Olawale MUST make that catch.
It's almost laughable because Olawale clearly misjudges where the ball is. It reminds me of a Facebook video of a dog being tossed food and just TOTALLY misses catching it with his mouth.
Olawale's hands were no where near where they should have been to catch that ball.
I’ve said this already and people ignore it in real time olawale is expecting a pitch and catch but then has to make a last sec adjustment on a poorly thrown 6 yrd pass pure trash by both players but more by a “great” QB

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I’ve said this already and people ignore it in real time olawale is expecting a pitch and catch but then has to make a last sec adjustment on a poorly thrown 6 yrd pass pure trash by both players but more by a “great” QB
I disagree. His hands don't come anywhere near the ball. And he's looking BACK at the ball so it's not like he hasn't already slowed his momentum. The drop was so egregious that its awful in its simplicity.
But this play is over and done with. I don't care to argue for pages about this. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
I wish Dak could actually read the whole field and see the TWO WIDE OPEN TE's behind the defense. You know. Two receivers that can actually catch from time to time. Maybe a tougher pass but, I would rely on those two before a FB who barely plays. Yet alone catches.. Man, Dak crapped the bed this game. I hope he is better against Tampa. He should be..

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
It wasn't a "great" pass, but it definitely should've been caught. He completely whiffed on where the ball was thrown.