Video: Poll - Prescott to Olawale TD Incompletion

Which of the following best summaries your thoughts about the play?

• Total voters

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Obviously they were doing this to surprise the defense that would never consider him a target.

But you have to use somebody who catches the ball.

This guy has been a dud signing.

What else is new?

This is what I kinda don't get. I mean, don't get me wrong, I agree. You gotta use somebody how has had some experience and who can catch but Olawale, he has like 47 catches in his career. That's not a ton but that's certainly enough to know what you need to do in that situation. Honestly, I might cut that guy, just to send a message. It's a little Machiavallian but honestly, if Jimmy were still here, he might have sent Michael after him with a pair of scissors.

:laugh:

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
And oh by the way....TE was wide open behind the FB in the back of the endzone as well.
TE not relevant to me , that was a called play that they had practiced . should have been a walk in TD as planned but the FB dropped the ball

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Another Dak pass that causes the receiver to throttle down. Most of the time they catch it and the price paid is minimal if any YAC this time the price paid was the lack of a completion and score. Although not the best pass from Dak it was a worse attempt by a Olawale.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Another Dak pass that causes the receiver to throttle down. Most of the time they catch it and the price paid is minimal if any YAC this time the price paid was the lack of a completion and score. Although not the best pass from Dak it was a worse attempt by a Olawale.

Yeah........

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Wow, Sorry but the FB/receiver looks like my 5 year old daughter the first time when we played catch with a football. Scared, nervous, uninterested, clueless, not sure how to place put her hands.

Grevus

Reaction score
In real time I thought it was a bad pass, too short. Watching the video at .25 speed confirmed what I saw live. If Dak put the ball out in front where it was supposed to be we’re not having this discussion. It should’ve been easy 6.

99% of the time the guy makes that catch. Yesterday was a 1% kind of day.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Honestly I would really need to see how they practice that play to truly judge it. I just don’t think it’s a natural play for a receiver to be shuffling sideways, completely facing the QB and waiting for the ball to settle into his hands like a center fielder. If that’s how they drew it up, they deserve the failure.

Dre11

Reaction score
He didn't even extend his arms he short armed it. 100% on Owale, considering he's know as a excellent pass catching fb.

CWR

Reaction score
Dak threw the damn ball short and the FB clearly misjudged it. He still should have caught it but I put the blame on BOTH of them.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I uploaded the video yesterday for another thread. Here it is:

"they had Amari Cooper out of the game."

Even if you're not throwing to him, he's the guy most that teams would most likely feel the need to double. And he's on the sideline. While we're at the goal line.

Sure fooled them! Genius!

blumayne38

Reaction score
So you are saying that it was not a catch-able ball and that he had no way of pulling it in? There are not many perfect passes being thrown, you see WR's diving, jumping, falling and doing whatever they can to get the ball. None of those throws can be considered perfect.
Regardless if Dak kicked,wobbled or bumped it off of his head it could've and should've been caught, can you agree with that?
That's all I'm saying
No

btcutter

Reaction score
TE not relevant to me , that was a called play that they had practiced . should have been a walk in TD as planned but the FB dropped the ball

Just saying. Retrospectively on 4th down could have ran the exact same play with 3 options of FB, TE or QB run.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Prescott could have led him more but olawale dropped an easy catch for a TD. CUT HIM