Poll: What do you do with Dak if you're the GM of the Cowboys?

Poll: What road do you prefer for Dak's future with the Cowboys?

• Extend

• Post June 1st cut.

• Let him play out his last year of his contract to prove it or lose it..

Results are only viewable after voting.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
We are all pretty much aware by now of what choices the F/O has concerning the upcoming deadline of March 13th for Dak's possible extension.
You're the GM what would your choice be?
I would, in this order:

1. talk to him and try to get his permission to trade him.
1.a. try to trade him.
2. if 1. wont happen try to extend him. I like him as our backup QB. offer him 3 years for 4mils/year max .Also force him to take a paycut for the upcoming season to vet minimum
3. post june 1st cut

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
how many times have they been in the position to draft one high? I mean the year they drafted Zeke they were high enough to draft one (they had romo). Maybe the year they drafted claiborne they were high enough but I thought they traded up to get morris.. The year they drafted Greg ellis maybe? It takes alot of draft capital and it isnt like they have never tried to draft a QB. we make fun of Quincy but if not for his drug addiction he wasnt terrible. I think McGheee was a 4th rounder like Dak

The jones in drafting Qbs are much like they are in FA is they try to find value at walmart. The cowboys historically have found success in UDFA and I think thats a sword that cuts both ways. Yes it can be good finding late round success but you cant become to predictable with it
A while back they did have 3 straight 5-11 years. Give it a shot in at least one of those years.

Toro9

Reaction score
If it were Madden I'd trade him for an early-mid 2nd and roll with the youngster we paid a 4th for. This team should be in rebuilding mode. I hate to say it but it's how I feel.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If it were Madden I'd trade him for an early-mid 2nd and roll with the youngster we paid a 4th for. This team should be in rebuilding mode. I hate to say it but it's how I feel.
Come on man, what's another 4 or 5 years while draining the salary cap as each year goes bye.

Sounds like a good plan to me. He'll just crap the bed in the playoffs if he gets the team there, or, if the team can get him there!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing puppy has done is embarrass himself with his narrow mindset. I have always been critical of Dak's play in big games, I just don't act like a spoiled child. :muttley:
The only thing Narrow is your manners beyond that have another drink and go bully some 80 lb, will you?
Feel like you're somebody............burp.
You can fool some of the people some of the time bully HOMER but your not fooling the PAPPY!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only thing Narrow is your manners beyond that have another drink and go bully some 80 lb, will you?
Feel like you're somebody............burp.
You can fool some of the people some of the time bully HOMER but your not fooling the PAPPY!
I don't need a drink to spot a pissant, so stick that one where the good Lord split you....You're right, you can't fool a fool. Now scram, you're annoying me. :muttley:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't need a drink to spot a pissant, so stick that one where the good Lord split you....You're right, you can't fool a fool. Now scram, you're annoying me. :muttley:
Guess you did do prison time as it is evident you have expertise on the Lord splits?
Let me guess you probably know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich on the radiator? :muttley:

BURP.....................

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
A post June 1st cut is la-la land thinking. Not happening. It’s literally giving up on next year, which also happens to be McCarthy’s prove it or lose it year.

The only viable options for the FO are for Dak to play out the current contract or to extend him. The bitter pill is that extending Dak will free up cap space by everything I’m reading, yet we are stuck with Dak for another contract term. An extension would be palatable to me if it came without a no-trade clause, but given Dak has Dallas’ n@ds over a burning barrel (just like last time), I don’t see him giving up that leverage and not demand a no-trade clause this time around as well. Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.

I’ve given up most of the hope and optimism I had about Dak four years ago. He’s a pretty good QB who is vastly overpaid and as a result, doesn’t have the requisite talent and skill set to rise above the overall loss of talent his bloated and unjustified salary will cause. Fwiw, I think Dak can win a SB, but not making the kind of money he’s going to demand. The team would be gutted of too much talent and he’s no where near good enough to make up for the loss. When you’re stuck with an overpaid QB who sinks your cap, teams, at that point, are hoping to have a draft, or drafts, where you draft multiple pro bowlers and future HoF’ers and have them on rookie contracts to offset the talent depletion an overpaid QB like Dak’s salary will cause. No one needs to say the obvious here, but I will any way - no one consistently drafts at that level of success.

An interesting caveat here for me is the unexpected size of the increase in the salary cap. Maybe we can load out the roster more than expected for a SB run next year while getting an extension with Dak in this off season. An extension without a no-trade clause would be amazing but Dak isn’t shooting himself in the foot.

Last edited:

Swagger

Reaction score
The point is if you take the view that the team are unable to win a Superbowl with Dak Prescott at QB (as I do) then you simply have to cut him. Otherwise what's the point in playing?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The point is if you take the view that the team are unable to win a Superbowl with Dak Prescott at QB (as I do) then you simply have to cut him. Otherwise what's the point in playing?
Twelve wins baby, then flush it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Guess you did do prison time as it is evident you have expertise on the Lord splits?
Let me guess you probably know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich on the radiator? :muttley:

BURP.....................
You know what it means as well....never heard about the grilled cheese ala radiator, did you learn that in recess or in the cub scouts? Now, shoooo, be a good boy and go do your homework. And, no more CowboysZone for you until you finish your vegetables.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
To sell you another Dallas Cowboys key chain.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Your view counts as much as mine....the only one that counts is Jerry's.