Poll: Will they extend Dak by March 13th?

POLL: Will Dak be extended by March 13th?

• Total voters

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't think so for 2 reasons.

1. Jerry and Stephen don't think he's worth 60 million a year and can eat his hit on this terrible contract this year and make Dak actually prove he can contribute in the postseason without the flopsweat and googly eyes or be done with him.

2. Dak thinks he has all the leverage and that he's worth 60 million a year.
He only has leverage if Jerry is trying to win a SB this upcoming season. If not, what is compelling the Cowboys to extend him right now?

jgboys1

Reaction score
I voted no because it is the right this to do for both parties.

It will take both him and us out of our miseries.

It is time for a change.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted yes then threw up.

I hope the answer is no.
You threw up in the morning....you aren't craving sour pickles with peanut butter, are you.

I've been saying this for a couple of weeks, I'll say it again. If he plays hardball cut him or make Lance the starter, that will probably get him to waive his no trade. If he is willing to do a team friendly deal, do it and add some pieces. He's not Mahomes, but he's better than most.

To answer the question, I think he gets resigned. Jerry doesn't like to be told he is wrong.

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He only has leverage if Jerry is trying to win a SB this upcoming season. If not, what is compelling the Cowboys to extend him right now?
Because Jerry believes adamantly that he has no other choice, Jimmy is trying to convince him otherwise, but Jimmys voice is only a ghost to Jerry.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Dallas can make some moves in free agency by accelerating salaries into a payout on quite a few players and by also signing Lamb to a new contract. If I were Dak (he won't do this because he probably wants the max he can get) I would go to Jerry and Stephen and have my agent lay 2 contracts on the table.

The first would be a team friendly deal that I would sign if they really went all in on free agency and got players that I thought would get the team closer to a Super Bowl. The contract would immediately be signed upon the new players being under contract. I would be willing to do this because I know winning would make up for the money lost by taking less on the contract. Imagine the endorsements if the Cowboys actually did something in the postseason.

The second contract would be one to maximize my money. A market value contract. This is the one that I would sign if they continue to sit on their thumbs during free agency and do nothing to help the team get over the hump. Why give them a break when they aren't using the savings to improve the team?

DCwarrior

Reaction score
I voted No and hope they don’t but will not be surprised if they do.
Actually not extending him will also keep the keep Boys in the headlines, because all off season the talking heads can pontificate on the if and buts.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Voted no...only way it's a yes for me is if Dak takes a truly team friendly deal. One where it's obvious he took alot less money for the benefit of the team. Bus driver pay.....it's the only way Dak could get you where they want to go

Chances of that....zero

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep. Just like we could have extended him for a lot less if we didn’t wait the extra year lol
Yep. I’ve seen this story before. People think this is good because they don’t like Dak but it’s bad if the plan is to sign him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
No way. Most of these agents drag this out to the last minute so teams cave
Exactly.......Stephen even said we may wake up and hear Dak's extension is done. To be honest, I wasn't sure a couple of months ago but listening to Dak the other day, makes me think it;'s already close. He even touched on how they need his numbers adjusted.

BTW.......I also think we are going to be surprised with the amount he is extended. ( closer to $55M than $60M IMO)

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
I said yes because they just don’t know any better. Wouldn’t be surprised if they also brought back half the FA’s we have. They hate going outside into the unknown……

conner01

Reaction score
The question was “will they or won’t they”, not “should they or shouldn’t they”.

I hope they don’t but I can’t bring myself to believe this wasn’t just the normal media posturing.
The date doesn’t matter that much. They can restructure and keep working on an extension while still fixing cap issues now

rambo2

Reaction score
Well, we have 1 week to go till March 13th (opening of Fa's market) will there be an extension deal for Dak?
Yes, there will be an extension for Dak and it will open up cap space.

Flamma

Reaction score
Because Jerry believes adamantly that he has no other choice, Jimmy is trying to convince him otherwise, but Jimmys voice is only a ghost to Jerry.
Look. I am not for extending Dak. I wasn't for signing him the last contract. But right now, if the Cowboys truly want to go all in, they have to extend Dak, and be aggressive in FA. But you have to do one or the other. I don't care if they move on from Dak after this season. But lets not extend Dak and do nothing to improve the team through FA. That is the worst case scenario.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You threw up in the morning....you aren't craving sour pickles with peanut butter, are you.

I've been saying this for a couple of weeks, I'll say it again. If he plays hardball cut him or make Lance the starter, that will probably get him to waive his no trade. If he is willing to do a team friendly deal, do it and add some pieces. He's not Mahomes, but he's better than most.

To answer the question, I think he gets resigned. Jerry doesn't like to be told he is wrong.
Jerry definitely doesn't like to be told he's wrong...but that could apply to trading for Lance as well.