Twitter: Pollard breaks tackles for a 40 yard dagger

aria

Reaction score
Excuses for what? What are you even rambling about? Its poor tackling end of discussion. That's not a excuse that's simply stating what it was.
You’re always making excuses, let it go. What else do you have to hang on to? Now you’re making excuses due to tackling?! That’s how pathetic you’ve become, what a joke.

ghst187

Reaction score
When is the last time Zeke did something like that? Pollard is the better RB now, he should be our stater.

you realize he had a 2.8 yd average before that run? I don’t think he can handle the full workload and still be effective. I think he’s earned more carries for sure and can add a spark but I think the death of Zeke has been greatly exaggerated here.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Doesn't really matter who starts. Neither one is a lead back at this point in their careers. Split carries 50/50 and we good.
Not if having to pay $15 million to Zeke for a justified reduced role. Zeke and his overpaid self may need to go asap if he keeps this up.

aria

Reaction score
you realize he had a 2.8 yd average before that run? I don’t think he can handle the full workload and still be effective. I think he’s earned more carries for sure and can add a spark but I think the death of Zeke has been greatly exaggerated here.
You realize zeke has had 2 games this season with less than 3 ypc? You realize without zeke one long run against Cincinnati then he would have had ~2.2 ypc? You realize just this year zeke has had 4 games with 12 carries and one game with 10 carries? You realize zeke has been seen looking at the sidelines asking to be taken out of the game because he’s so winded?

You may want to rethink your statement.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
We have seen his potential early on when Zeke was holding out too bad Jerry got fooled by zeke

ghst187

Reaction score
You realize zeke has had 2 games this season with less than 3 ypc? You realize without zeke one long run against Cincinnati then he would have had ~2.2 ypc? You realize just this year zeke has had 4 games with 12 carries and one game with 10 carries? You realize zeke has been seen looking at the sidelines asking to be taken out of the game because he’s so winded?

You may want to rethink your statement.
Nope, it’s been a rough year for everyone. The OL has been bad and no one respects our backup QBs. Calling Pollard, and I like him a lot, zekes replacement right now for every down is something someone playing Madden does and regrets

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That is an incorrect stat. Pollard had a 2.8 rushing average after first contact. You are just an Ewok apologist.

starfan1

Reaction score
Cmon Steve don’t act like you don’t know. You will defend zeke to the death . You can be found in every zeke thread virtually debating with these folks about your OSU legend. His contract can be viewed as a waste and a detriment to this team. They chose to pay the wrong person they should have spent money on Jones or at least tried . He wanted to much also but at this point it’s clear that if your gonna overpay it shouldn’t be on a RB

i will say this there are a few people on this site that are over the top on your favorite player. I can’t stand him but I recognize he does provide value to this team. Just not anymore than your run of the mill RB and definitely not more than having Henry and Ramsey

this teams success was more about the line than the RB or the QB.

it’s lack of success was also not because of those 2.

Qcard

Reaction score
That's a damn good run......but if the Cowboys did that no one would be saying "GREAT RUN" we would be pissed off at the tackling...that's piss poor tackling......
Exactly.....Pollard was great but unlike Mossert whom was fantastic before getting injured, Tony has to prove it against a more formidable defense.

49er fans were like who is this guy? Zeke we know but Pollard is unknown and game getting flexed stole some of Tony’s shine

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Pollard has decent burst, but what really sets him apart from other RBs, in my opinion, is ...
  1. He’s not super fast, but he hits his top speed very quickly, so he pulls away and creates bad angles for tacklers.
  2. Excellent balance...he’s always over his feet and despite hits and tugs and pulls, he stays balanced and moving where he wants to go, again able to build speed quickly.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
You’re oddly obsessed with defending zeke. Just admit it, he’s not even average, he sucks. I don’t care about 2016, 2017, 2018 or 2019. I care about this year and he sucks. Blame it on whoever or whatever you want, he sat out with 2 years left on his contract until he was paid as the highest RB in the league and since then he’s been getting worse and worse.

Give it up panty sniffer, zeke’s best days are behind him and his contract sucks. There is literally nothing left you can defend him with, you just look silly at this point. Go away.
When did you start hating him? When we drafted him? Have you ever even rooted for him or only his failure?

You think im mad a player for wanting a 2nd contract early at a position where they dont usually get one? Nope. Zeke was elite and got paid like it. Hes on the team and i root for him.

Do i think hes overpaid? Yes. But i dont hate the man. Thats just weird.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
People really need to move on from this Zeke vs Pollard nonsense. Both are Cowboys.. and the Cowboys are better if both play well. I believe a very wise running back sage has stated many times that Pollard's style is better suited for the offense that Moore runs than Zeke is. If the Cowboys want to get the best out of each of them Moore needs to get better at doing just that. More plays to get Pollard in space should be the order of the day going forward. That cannot really be done with Zeke because no defense is ever going to leave Zeke unattended without a defender within 10 yards of him the way they do Pollard. That's not me disrespecting Pollard.. that's his opponents. He will need to make them pay a few more times before that changes. With Zeke he has to stop running everything up the middle. At least if he wants more than 3-4 yards per carry. Knight and Steele are not great athletes but they have bulk and strength. They need to be asked to go forward more than they are asked to move backward or sideways. With the Elliott/Pollard 1-2 punch in the ground game we should be able to dictate with the run for the next 5 years. Let's hope Moore is smart enough to take advantage.

aria

Reaction score
When did you start hating him? When we drafted him? Have you ever even rooted for him or only his failure?

You think im mad a player for wanting a 2nd contract early at a position where they dont usually get one? Nope. Zeke was elite and got paid like it. Hes on the team and i root for him.

Do i think hes overpaid? Yes. But i dont hate the man. Thats just weird.
I didn’t like him in college. He had red flags everywhere and publicly threw his coach under the bus. Then he shows up on draft day wearing that cute little outfit in my avatar and he’s been a headache ever since.

I hope he does well for about 3 hours once a week during football season and other than that he can go play in traffic for all I care. His loss would be minuscule to this team, maybe even beneficial if he keeps turning the ball over like he has.

I hate bulllies, he’s a bully. I hate men who disrespect women, he disrespects women, I hate athletes that disrespect their own fans, he disrespects his own fans. I hate players that jeopardize their team with selfishness, he’s done it on several occasions.

He’s a scumbag, I hate scumbags.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke would be flopping around on the ground behind the line of scrimmage like the tubby he is. No way we win that game with that clown in a jersey.
:lmao: Stop. It's not that bad. I think Zeke has some good years left. With a healthy Dak and O-line, he will help us in the future. Did we overpay or pay too soon? Perhaps, but his demise is exaggerated.

blumayne38

Reaction score
When was the last time zeke had an open field 5 yards up?

Damn good run by Pollard. Very poor tackling by 9ers. I fully agree it's very rational to use this one play to compare the two RBs.

how quickly they forget..lol