Twitter: Pollard breaks tackles for a 40 yard dagger

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Refreshing to know we have at least one RB who can still take it to the house.

That’s the comedic hypocrisy with the Zeke Boys. They think they’ve made a profound point saying “heeehaaaw, Pollard was only averaging 2.8 ypc UNTIL that long run!!!!”

Yet, Zeke puts up the same paltry ypc average and NEVER breaks the long run, lool.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That’s the comedic hypocrisy with the Zeke Boys. They think they’ve made a profound point saying “heeehaaaw, Pollard was only averaging 2.8 ypc UNTIL that long run!!!!”

Yet, Zeke puts up the same paltry ypc average and NEVER breaks the long run, lool.
When has Zeke averages 2.8 yards a carry?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not judging him by one start, but if you are I have a hard time understanding anyone concluding he isn't capable
You can tell who’s a lead back in this league and who’s not. He wasn’t one in college and he surely isn’t now. That doesn’t mean he’s not a great player but we been through this before with Felix Jones.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I thought running backs were supposed to go down after 4 yards, strange to see this happen

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly.....Pollard was great but unlike Mossert whom was fantastic before getting injured, Tony has to prove it against a more formidable defense.

49er fans were like who is this guy? Zeke we know but Pollard is unknown and game getting flexed stole some of Tony’s shine
Facts.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
….before that run TPollard was heading toward the same questionable contribution and an APB was out for him in the offensive scheme......but our HC in waiting, KMoore is granted immunity week in and week out.....and should be known more as a Coach Killer, Drive Killer, FG Coordinator, and over-hyped OC, more than anyone in the NFC......but the eyes get closed on his questionable decisions...….consistently. If Pollard doesn't make that run....a 50+ yd FG attempt, was in the making.

If he got another hand off, maybe he takes another one to the house. See how that game works? You can't say "if" because that door swings both ways. You can just evaluate what happened.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Ok......I have to ask, why is SLee still on this team, with that assessment?

Is there a better tackler on the team? Is there a LB who understands the calls better then Lee? Is there even a guy, a LB on our current roster, that we can look to as a replacement? That's why Lee is still on the team.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Is there a better tackler on the team? Is there a LB who understands the calls better then Lee? Is there even a guy, a LB on our current roster, that we can look to as a replacement? That's why Lee is still on the team.
Joe Thomas.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
We really don't know what Pollard would do as a starter. He hasn't had that opportunity. I hope Zeke sits again. This is a great time to see exactly what Pollard is capable of in a starting role. I dont mind splitting carries but you need coaches who have a good enough feel for the game they dont interrupt momentum.

This is absolutely the truth. Now, IMO, I don't believe that playing Pollard as the starter is the answer but that's just my opinion. However, two things here. 1. you are right, we don't know. 2. the same question can seriously be asked about Zeke at this point. Does he deserve to start and get paid what he's getting paid, based on his production? This is really only a question to be discussed as a discussion point because he's gonna start. The contract basically dictates that but we are talking about a guy who has one 100 yard game this year and we are playing in the worst conference in Football, by far. 103 yards against Minnesota, that's it.

Reactions: CWR

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
People really need to move on from this Zeke vs Pollard nonsense. Both are Cowboys.. and the Cowboys are better if both play well. I believe a very wise running back sage has stated many times that Pollard's style is better suited for the offense that Moore runs than Zeke is. If the Cowboys want to get the best out of each of them Moore needs to get better at doing just that. More plays to get Pollard in space should be the order of the day going forward. That cannot really be done with Zeke because no defense is ever going to leave Zeke unattended without a defender within 10 yards of him the way they do Pollard. That's not me disrespecting Pollard.. that's his opponents. He will need to make them pay a few more times before that changes. With Zeke he has to stop running everything up the middle. At least if he wants more than 3-4 yards per carry. Knight and Steele are not great athletes but they have bulk and strength. They need to be asked to go forward more than they are asked to move backward or sideways. With the Elliott/Pollard 1-2 punch in the ground game we should be able to dictate with the run for the next 5 years. Let's hope Moore is smart enough to take advantage.

As soon as people move on from the whole Dak/Dalton thing, for exactly the same reasons, I'll pay this post more attention.