Twitter: Pollard breaks tackles for a 40 yard dagger

starfan1

Reaction score
Really dude....you are completely crazy. I have said over and OVER..I hated zeke hold out...and the shape he came back in. Not sure why you are SO bug f crazy about this. You...are INSANE! Truly.;

Here s recent one:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/7-c...ing-out-in-dallas.470820/page-2#post-10688655

Here is another one:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/zeke-advanced-efficiency-stats.468680/page-9#post-10609028
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/zeke-advanced-efficiency-stats.468680/page-9#post-10608997

Check this one out...even aria replied to me:
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/cow...lliott-last-year.455130/page-14#post-10102336

I can go on and on. Not sure why you have lost your fk ing mind about this. I actually could not care any less if he is on the team or not NOW. It says right there in my links. I can get more if that ain't good enough for you.

Now...do I have to go back AGAIN and find where I defended Dak? Really? You are gonna make me do that?

Here is the most important thing. Show me ONE comment...just ONE.....where I ripped and *** my own team...my own players. My own family. I don't. I defend ALL of them. I may have some light criticism. I will cite my criticism of Dak's pocket awareness THIS year. And that I wanted him to get better at it. Sure enough...he got injured. That isn't what I asked him to do. O DO indeed want him to run....when it's right.....I wished he would have thrown it away that play.

Like zeke...he was better in 2016.

Unbelievable. Oh well. . You are crazy man. CRAY- ZEEE!
You are an emotional firecracker man they make plants for that sorry I touched a nerve. Our crappy government sent us 600 bucks I suggest a trip to Colorado or Illinois or wherever else it’s legal

dckid

Reaction score

I hate to say it but Zeke has never had a run like that during his time in Dallas. He is different type of back. Even in 2016 he never played like that. The Cowboys have not used Zeke like he should be used. For the majority of his carries he is in the shotgun on a read zone type run. Put Zeke in a Rams or Niners running game.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Funny to read all of those emotional Zeketards threatened by Pollard so they need to slam him. Big difference for those critical of Zeke who point out his declining ability and overinflated salary.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are an emotional firecracker man they make plants for that sorry I touched a nerve. Our crappy government sent us 600 bucks I suggest a trip to Colorado or Illinois or wherever else it’s legal
I just get tired of your incessant false accusations. Not sure why you aim to hammer me like that. Not cool.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's not his 1st 40 yard run this year yet there are some who hate him to get 10 carries in a game when zeke is available.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny to read all of those emotional Zeketards threatened by Pollard so they need to slam him. Big difference for those critical of Zeke who point out his declining ability and overinflated salary.
Who is "slamming" pollard?

He's never been a #1 in the NCAA or NFL. To be concerned about that is valid.

We're all rooting for him.

starfan1

Reaction score
I just get tired of your incessant false accusations. Not sure why you aim to hammer me like that. Not cool.

im sure in your mind you are equally critical or supportive of all. I’ll let it go you don’t or won’t see it. But if it bothers you that much then you have my apologies.

CWR

Reaction score
You have any examples?

Off the top of my head guys that emerged from back up to starter? Kamara, Priest Holmes, Jamal Charles, Eckler, Micheal Turner, Brian Westbrook? (been awhile but I think he backed up Staley.) Obviously these back all have different tools, just examples of guys who went from back up to stud. Im not at all saying Pollard is destined for that level of success. My point is only that its happened before and TP hasn't had the opportunity yet. Give him a couple more starts and we may find out more.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This reminds me of past players. If you don't say one player is complete garbage, you're hating on the other. You can (as I have) repeat yourself over and over that you want to utilize both, and one side will keep ignoring that.

I want the staff to utilize both. I'll support whoever starts or plays. I want the team to win games. We're lucky to have the two, they compliment each other nearly perfectly. There's nothing we can do about draft position, extensions or salaries so it's a waste of time repeating the same thing over and over.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
And Marion Barber...
This reminds me of past players. If you don't say one player is complete garbage, you're hating on the other. You can (as I have) repeat yourself over and over that you want to utilize both, and one side will keep ignoring that.

I want the staff to utilize both. I'll support whoever starts or plays. I want the team to win games. We're lucky to have the two, they compliment each other nearly perfectly. There's nothing we can do about draft position, extensions or salaries so it's a waste of time repeating the same thing over and over.

Yes there is seldom an Emmitt Smith around, seems some here won't be happy with anything but that. Just look at Derrick Henry - last two years he's had 1,540 and 1,676 yards rushing, but what about receptions? 18 and 19. Compare that to Emmitt's two best rushing years - 1,713 and 1,773 yards, but in those years he also had 59 and 62 receptions.

Now maybe Henry isn't catching more passes because the team just isn't using him that way - to keep wear and tear down or just because of scheme. But the fact is he's not much of a threat in the passing game. Maybe he's not very good at catching passes?

Pollard has skills, but that doesn't mean he's great at everything, you can try him at being the lead back, but it's possible he can do it, and possible he can't....

Reactions: G2

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ok but who said that about Zeke this year? Nobody so why are you sitting here harping over it. How many different ways do people have to say Zeke is not having a good year for people like you to get it? I don't understand what you guys want at this point?

Werent you the one that said Pollard isnt a Henry or a Cook? So I reminded you that neither is Zeke.

What do we want? Zeke no longer holding this team back on the field or with his salary. Basically want him gone.

And then on the fan side for the Zeke lovers to finally admit they were wrong about both Zeke and Pollard, which they are.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yes there is seldom an Emmitt Smith around, seems some here won't be happy with anything but that. Just look at Derrick Henry - last two years he's had 1,540 and 1,676 yards rushing, but what about receptions? 18 and 19. Compare that to Emmitt's two best rushing years - 1,713 and 1,773 yards, but in those years he also had 59 and 62 receptions.

Now maybe Henry isn't catching more passes because the team just isn't using him that way - to keep wear and tear down or just because of scheme. But the fact is he's not much of a threat in the passing game. Maybe he's not very good at catching passes?

Pollard has skills, but that doesn't mean he's great at everything, you can try him at being the lead back, but it's possible he can do it, and possible he can't....
Pollard has the longer runs, which is the one point repeated the most. I also think he's awesome in the passing game or anytime they can get him the ball in space. But some are making it seem he's a homerun hitter anytime he touches the ball. And he's awful at pass blocking. I also think it's unfair to claim Elliott runs for 4 yards and falls down. I've seen him carry guys for extra yards every season. And to think he should be the same 4+ years ago with the best O line is nuts. I ignore anyone who wants to be a jerk about the discussion as if we're paying guys or they're experts, just because they hate Elliott. To them it's personal. Gets you nowhere.
I'd be curious to see Pollard get 20 carries a game for a season. See how that works.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
So you dont think Pollard is a good back?
I do think he is a good back. I think there are a lot of good backs in the league. Zeke isn’t supposed to be good, he is supposed to be great. Supposed to be the best back in the league. Just by virtue of us having to compare Zeke to good backs, it should be an embarrassment for him. There really isn’t supposed to be any comparison whatsoever because Zeke should be head and shoulders above Pollard without the need for excuses as to why he is not.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The attempts to discredit Pollard are just uninformed and lame.

I’m watching Pollard’s college teammate, Antonio Gibson, a college wide receiver and backup start as a rookie for the Washington and put up:

659 yards
4.7 YPC
11 TDs
*in only 8 starts

Memphis has put out number of quality backs in the past 2 years which all split carries...Darrell Henderson, Tony Pollard, and Antonio Gibson.

Last edited:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
im sure in your mind you are equally critical or supportive of all. I’ll let it go you don’t or won’t see it. But if it bothers you that much then you have my apologies.
I of course would not say "equal". We all have our favorites. Which means we have less favorites.

I again ask you...who have I been unfairly critical of? And who have I not defended or supported? Dak? Please....I have defended and encouraged him many times.

I've probably been more critical of Zeke than any other player. Fact.

I am VERY sure...in YOUR mind...zeke never gets unfair criticism or ridicule. Too much would never be enough, for some. Our own team. Sheesh.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Pollard has the longer runs, which is the one point repeated the most. I also think he's awesome in the passing game or anytime they can get him the ball in space. But some are making it seem he's a homerun hitter anytime he touches the ball. And he's awful at pass blocking. I also think it's unfair to claim Elliott runs for 4 yards and falls down. I've seen him carry guys for extra yards every season. And to think he should be the same 4+ years ago with the best O line is nuts. I ignore anyone who wants to be a jerk about the discussion as if we're paying guys or they're experts, just because they hate Elliott. To them it's personal. Gets you nowhere.
I'd be curious to see Pollard get 20 carries a game for a season. See how that works.

I think we already know how Pollard getting 20 carries would work.. It would work like the rest of his career.. An occasional highlight run, maybe one out of 20 runs would be over 20 yards.. About a third of his carries would go for 0 or negative yards.. and the rest would be 1, 2 or 3. Over the course of a season the pounding would take its toll on him and he would wear down.. Then in the offseason he would gain 10-15 pounds hoping to be able to hold up better under the pounding and the CZers would be here complaining that he never breaks any long runs and has lost his burst.. Time to start Rico Dowdle.. This has played out a half dozen times in the last 30 years with the Cowboys.. It's no different this time. I think you and I have both maintained from jump that they Cowboys need to use both guys better to do the things they do best. The offense works best when we do that. Let Zeke move the chains and protect our QBs.. let Pollard deliver the splash plays. Cowboys win, everybody's happy.. except the idiots on CZ who hate Zeke.. And really.. who cares about them?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I concur....as have many. Used right, this could be a deadly combination. It seemed like last year we only used Pollard when Zeke put up his hand. That..is NOT making a good game plan to utilize them both.

I also concur about this draft/salary incessant silliness. It's typically an excuse to feed irrational hate. Then go on crusades to convince others of it...maddening!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not enough likes to give you....great post. You are the kind of fan I can respect.