Twitter: Pollard breaks tackles for a 40 yard dagger

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And Marion Barber...
You're right. Barber was another guy I believe he shared carries with Maroney in college just like Felix did with McFadden and co. at Arkansas.........these guys tell you who and what they are..just because they are great in small doses doesn't mean give them more carries lol.

Cmac

Reaction score
If he got another hand off, maybe he takes another one to the house. See how that game works? You can't say "if" because that door swings both ways. You can just evaluate what happened.
All good....hindsight ain't never been wrong. Cool.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Is that not exactly what I Just said? I said he's not a lead back.....what's a lead back? Dalvin Cook and Derrick Henry are lead backs if you need a example.

No, hes not a Derek Henry. RB by committee is all this offense needs. FYI.........Zeke isnt Henry or Cook either.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Excuses for what? What are you even rambling about? Its poor tackling end of discussion. That's not a excuse that's simply stating what it was.

When has a missed tackle ever been a good tackle?

cern

Reaction score
You can tell who’s a lead back in this league and who’s not. He wasn’t one in college and he surely isn’t now. That doesn’t mean he’s not a great player but we been through this before with Felix Jones.
what can be said of pollard is that in his limited opportunities, he seems to have made the most of them.. bo scarborough had limited opportunities and didn't produce. mike weber who had a higher pedigree than pollard also failed to make the most of his limited opportunities here. he also failed with the chiefs and packers. pollard just continues to produce when given the opportunity. ergo, he deserves more opportunities. felix might have been jerry's worst draft pick ever. chosen with a first round pick specifically to be a backup. that's the acme of stupidity.

CWR

Reaction score
This is absolutely the truth. Now, IMO, I don't believe that playing Pollard as the starter is the answer but that's just my opinion. However, two things here. 1. you are right, we don't know. 2. the same question can seriously be asked about Zeke at this point. Does he deserve to start and get paid what he's getting paid, based on his production? This is really only a question to be discussed as a discussion point because he's gonna start. The contract basically dictates that but we are talking about a guy who has one 100 yard game this year and we are playing in the worst conference in Football, by far. 103 yards against Minnesota, that's it.

Its too bad our training staff or front office didn't step in earlier in Zekes career and help to maintain his speed. I believe he's built himself a suit of armor to help sustain the rigors of pro football. In doing so we lost a big part of what made him special. I still believe he's a good overall RB. The problem is you pay guys with elite tools. Zekes tools aren't what they used to be. He is still young so maybe he can cut a little weight, lean up, and recapture the explosiveness he once had. Until that happens he will have a difficult time justifying his contract.

CWR

Reaction score
You can tell who’s a lead back in this league and who’s not. He wasn’t one in college and he surely isn’t now. That doesn’t mean he’s not a great player but we been through this before with Felix Jones.

Maybe you can, I don't know. I've seen a lot of Pollard type guys emerge from back up to stud through the years. Hes shown me enough to believe he has potential. If he ended up being a lightning to someone's thunder I wouldn't be surprised either.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why even bother to post stuff like this? Zeke has what 211? carries and Pollard has 87? So about a 65-35 split. All told that's probably about right. When you say Pollard "got the job done" it's curious because the best drive of the day was with Dowdle at RB. On the first drive Pollard ran for 3,3,2 and 1. 4 carries for 9 yards.. Get that bust ready..
The second drive one carry for 7 ..
Third drive one carry for 0
Next drive -1, 2. 2 carries for 1 yard.
Next drive one carry for 1 yard.

So far 9 carries for 18 yards.. If not for the turnovers granting us the short field this is a recipe for a lot of 3rd and longs and a lot of punts. But that's what Pollard entered the 4th quarter with. He had fared a sight better as a receiver.. but that inability to sustain any kind of running game put the Cowboys in a bind, which thankfully the defense bailed them out of. They had only one drive in which they moved the ball more than 50 yards.. which means without the turnovers the 6 punts would have been more like 9 or 10 and the Cowboys would have lost handily. I'm not going to sit here and denigrate Pollard though. He put up a good effort.. and he had a couple of nice plays.. but in between those couple of nice plays was a whole lotta nothin.. Which as I have said many times.. is simply not winning football.. Unless of course you can guarantee that you would have 3 TD drives that travel a total of 92 yards.

someone with common sense , old joe keeps saying he should be our starter, really 11-29 yards for 55mins of NFL game..last carry 1 -40 saved his sat line

kudos but no way is that lead back numbers but like Zeke what else can pollard due with the OL and OC..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cmon Steve don’t act like you don’t know. You will defend zeke to the death . You can be found in every zeke thread virtually debating with these folks about your OSU legend. His contract can be viewed as a waste and a detriment to this team. They chose to pay the wrong person they should have spent money on Jones or at least tried . He wanted to much also but at this point it’s clear that if your gonna overpay it shouldn’t be on a RB

i will say this there are a few people on this site that are over the top on your favorite player. I can’t stand him but I recognize he does provide value to this team. Just not anymore than your run of the mill RB and definitely not more than having Henry and Ramsey

this teams success was more about the line than the RB or the QB.

it’s lack of success was also not because of those 2.

Really dude....you are completely crazy. I have said over and OVER..I hated zeke hold out...and the shape he came back in. Not sure why you are SO bug f crazy about this. You...are INSANE! Truly.;

Here s recent one:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/7-c...ing-out-in-dallas.470820/page-2#post-10688655

Here is another one:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/zeke-advanced-efficiency-stats.468680/page-9#post-10609028
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/zeke-advanced-efficiency-stats.468680/page-9#post-10608997

Check this one out...even aria replied to me:
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/cow...lliott-last-year.455130/page-14#post-10102336

I can go on and on. Not sure why you have lost your fk ing mind about this. I actually could not care any less if he is on the team or not NOW. It says right there in my links. I can get more if that ain't good enough for you.

Now...do I have to go back AGAIN and find where I defended Dak? Really? You are gonna make me do that?

Here is the most important thing. Show me ONE comment...just ONE.....where I ripped and *** my own team...my own players. My own family. I don't. I defend ALL of them. I may have some light criticism. I will cite my criticism of Dak's pocket awareness THIS year. And that I wanted him to get better at it. Sure enough...he got injured. That isn't what I asked him to do. O DO indeed want him to run....when it's right.....I wished he would have thrown it away that play.

Like zeke...he was better in 2016.

Unbelievable. Oh well. . You are crazy man. CRAY- ZEEE!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Plenty of Zeke apologists have said Zeke is the best RB in the NFL and many times said he was better than both of those guys.
Yeah, that argument is over. The debate now is whether or not Zeke is better than a dime-a-dozen back up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Maybe you can, I don't know. I've seen a lot of Pollard type guys emerge from back up to stud through the years. Hes shown me enough to believe he has potential. If he ended up being a lightning to someone's thunder I wouldn't be surprised either.
You have any examples?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Plenty of Zeke apologists have said Zeke is the best RB in the NFL and many times said he was better than both of those guys.
Ok but who said that about Zeke this year? Nobody so why are you sitting here harping over it. How many different ways do people have to say Zeke is not having a good year for people like you to get it? I don't understand what you guys want at this point?