Pollard vs Kamara?

Mr_437

Reaction score
Let me just say there's so much more KM can do with Pollard, but he hasn't had to reach in his bag...#20 has been used mostly as a standard RB2.

Pollard was drafted to add juice/speed and he has provided that plus more. Idk if Pollard has the balance of Kamara, but he's faster than most RBs in the entire league including Kamara n Zeke. We'll just have to wait and see how he develops.

Wood

Reaction score
if only size and speed = Good Football player....remember Alexander? the WR in Dallas, ran a 4.29 and he was 6'3" didn't amount to much.

am I saying Pollard is not good...no, far from it...

tell me how good a football player he is...not how big and fast he is.....

I think your referring to Alexander Wright. He was only 6'.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
See how many NFL fans would take Kamara over Zeke...

Go ask them all. LOL

Lets put it this way. Based on 2018 stats, Kamara scored a TD every 15 times he touched the ball. Zeke scored every 42 times he touched the ball.

This isn't rocket science. Zeke is a volume back. Kamara is an amazing offensive weapon.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
sorry, I take zeke at this point. it doesn't mean Kamara can't be a 300 carry back....but right now Zeke over Kamara

We are all entitled to our opinions. Like I told Xwalker. Based on 2018 numbers, Kamara scores a TD every 15 times he touches the ball. Zeke every 42 times.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Go ask them all. LOL

Lets put it this way. Based on 2018 stats, Kamara scored a TD every 15 times he touched the ball. Zeke scored every 42 times he touched the ball.

This isn't rocket science. Zeke is a volume back. Kamara is an amazing offensive weapon.

Moore's redzone offense > Linehans redzone offense
2019 OL > 2018 OL

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go ask them all. LOL

In 2014 Gavin Escobar scored a TD every 2.25 times he touched the ball.

In 2017 and 2016 Brice Butler scored a TD every 5 times he touched the ball.

Judging player by TDs is silly. The team they are on causes a big variation in TD opportunities.

Mike Irvin averaged 6.5 TDs per season (7 TDs in 92 & 93).

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We are all entitled to our opinions. Like I told Xwalker. Based on 2018 numbers, Kamara scores a TD every 15 times he touches the ball. Zeke every 42 times.
I expect Kamara's TDs per touch to go down this year, since Ingram is gone and he will be getting a lot more touches. plus last year Kamara wasn't the sole focus of their offense, this year he is....

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In 2014 Gavin Escobar scored a TD every 2.25 times he touched the ball.

In 2017 and 2016 Brice Butler scored a TD every 5 times he touched the ball.

Judging player by TDs is silly. The team they are on causes a big variation in TD opportunities.

Mike Irvin averaged 6.5 TDs per season (7 TDs in 92 & 93).

LOL.....and?

Judging players by how much they can score is silly? Ok buddy.
Kamara has the yards, TD's, average per touch, you name it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I expect Kamara's TDs per touch to go down this year, since Ingram is gone and he will be getting a lot more touches. plus last year Kamara wasn't the sole focus of their offense, this year he is....

When you score 18 TD's its pretty tough to beat that. Especially when your star QB gets hurt for half the season.

I would expect Zekes TD's to go up this year as well.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if only size and speed = Good Football player....remember Alexander? the WR in Dallas, ran a 4.29 and he was 6'3" didn't amount to much.

Randall Williams was the fast 6'3 WR.

His lateral agility times (3 cone & short shuttle) were probably slower than Nate Newton's. He literally could only run in a straight line.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I will say this.........I will take the backfield of Zeke and Pollard over only Kamara.

Best of both worlds there.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL.....and?

Judging players by how much they can score is silly? Ok buddy.
Kamara has the yards, TD's, average per touch, you name it.
Yards?

Zeke had more rushing yards as a rookie than Kamara had in his first 2 years combined.

Pollard had 2x as many receiving yards in college as Kamara and a higher average per catch also.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Randall Williams was the fast 6'3 WR.

His lateral agility times (3 cone & short shuttle) were probably slower than Nate Newton's. He literally could only run in a straight line.
that's the guy I was thinking of,not Wright.....he does have the fastest scoring TD in NFL. recovering a kickoff and running it back I think it was 9 seconds or something like that

jday

Reaction score
Well, we get to see the starting RB in New Orleans this sunday that backup Tony Pollard has been compared to coming out of the NFL draft from Memphis State in Alvin Kamara.

Kamara started his impressively stellar career as a rookie behind Mark Ingram who seem to take on more the bell cow bulk and load of the running game while AK spelled him in spots and nickel situations and eventually became a bigger part the more splash plays he made his rookie year, ..soon teams were far more afraid of Kamara than Ingram.

and I’m trying not to go overboard but could Pollard actually have more explosiveness and miss ‘em elusiveness than even Zeke ?

And when do we get to see the level of Pollard’s receiving skills as a weapon in Kellen’s offense ?
Its a long season. At a guess, Kellen isn't wanting to show too much this early in the season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Have you not been watching Pollard's performances this preseason and regular season? It's all on film, and he's only going to get better.