Pollard vs Kamara?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Pollard has a long way to go to get to kamara's level but the kid can ball. I appreciate how moore works him in so he can get touches each game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I hate trying to compare players, each guy is his own man and how they go about playing the game. I think Kamara is an outstanding player as for Pollard he is a young guy entering the league with much to learn and I think he has the talent to help this Cowboys team be it in the run game or the pass game. He is just another weapon to add to the mix.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Lol. Knock it off. Kamara is an established stud. Pollard is a hopeful poor mans version. Kamara is the established truth
Crawl off of Kamara’s jock for a moment. Never once did I say Pollard was as proven. :rolleyes:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pollard couldn't do half of what Kamara can do

I disagree.

Very similar skill set.

Pollard just needs the volume and the production will come at a high level. Zeke will cap his numbers though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pollard has more explosiveness than zeke and imo a lot if other ones do to

but zeke is a load and his vision is second to none.....hes a 4,4,5,2,3,3,4,4,5 yard kinda guy

pollard right now isnt touching Kamara though......Kamara will put up 1k on the ground and 1k in receiving multiple times before he hangs it up

if pollard can get 500 yards rushing and 500 receiving this offense will be unstoppable

Zeke once he gets to the 3rd level of the defense just doesn't run to daylight like he used to.

He hunts down the safety and runs at him. He's probably coached to do that.

Pollard can be barely moving and he is at top speed in a hiccup. That is rare. He also has shown off great vision in his time here.

Pollard's potential is sky high and it's pretty obvious. The only thing stopping Pollard is Zeke.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Pollard is an extremely skilled player, whereas Kamara is phenomenal.

AK is really as tough and slippery to tackle as a greased pig in a rodeo.

Of course, Kamara is definitely more experienced, so there's that, also.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
There is no physical reason that Pollard can't develop into the same type of player.

Tony Pollard
Height: 6-0
Weight: 210
40 Yrd Dash: 4.38
20 Yrd Dash: 2.55
10 Yrd Dash: 1.53
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 18
Vertical Jump: 36 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'05"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.37
3-Cone Drill: 7.00
Hand: 09 1/2

Alvin Kamara
Height: 5-10
Weight: 214
40 Yard Dash: 4.53
20 Yard: 2.61
10 Yard: 1.55
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 15
Vertical Jump: 39 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'11"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.35
3-Cone Drill: 7.10
Hand: 09 1/4

Oh look, xwalker cherry-picked Pollard’s Pro Day and Combine numbers to put up the favorable times.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Holy s***, Pollard ran a 4.3 40??

Yes, 4.38 forty at his pro day. Those numbers are from Brugler's Draft Guide.

Pollard had food poising and didn't run well at the combine and ended up not finishing all of the measurable events.

He says he was still disappointed with the 4.38 because he had timed faster in practice runs.

He also said he was disappointed in his vert because it was a few inches off from his best practice jumps.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Comparable size:
Alvin Kamara - 5'10" 215 lbs
Tony Pollard - 6' 210 lbs

40 time (combine) - almost identical:
Alvin Kamara - 4.53
Tony Pollard - 4.52

Now were Kamara separates himself is his burst and lateral quickness. If you watch both of their combine videos below you will see they are not similar runners. That said, Pollard could probably still be starting RB in NFL but Kamara could be top all-purpose yards RB.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0ap3000000796816/Alvin-Kamara-2017-Combine-Workout
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combi...lard-s-full-2019-NFL-Scouting-Combine-workout

It is well known that Pollard had food poisoning at the combine and couldn't even finish the testing.

The numbers I posted are the official pro day numbers from Brugler's Draft Guide.

You need to gain some self awareness. You've been posting here long enough to know that you do NOT know more about anything than I do with regards to football.

I have no problem admitting that Pollard and Kamara are superior athletes to me. Please gain the self awareness to know that what I post is superior to what you post.

Tony Pollard
Height: 6-0
Weight: 210
40 Yrd Dash: 4.38
20 Yrd Dash: 2.55
10 Yrd Dash: 1.53
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 18
Vertical Jump: 36 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'05"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.37
3-Cone Drill: 7.00
Hand: 09 1/2

Alvin Kamara
Height: 5-10
Weight: 214
40 Yard Dash: 4.53
20 Yard: 2.61
10 Yard: 1.55
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 15
Vertical Jump: 39 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'11"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.35
3-Cone Drill: 7.10
Hand: 09 1/4

quickccc

Reaction score
lets keep the anointing oil on the shelf for now...pollard has the physical skills and has shown he may have the ability to be a good RB, but he is not Kamara or Zeke.....he is a good piece to have in our offense. yes, he had a great game against a really weak opponent, but hopefully that will help his growth.

Pollard hasn't put in the time yet to prove he could be another version of Kamara 2.0.
Who knew Kamara was going to be this good his rookie year, after being drafted in the 3rd round, and being a backup behind Mark Ingram ?

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Well, we get to see the starting RB in New Orleans this sunday that backup Tony Pollard has been compared to coming out of the NFL draft from Memphis State in Alvin Kamara.

Kamara started his impressively stellar career as a rookie behind Mark Ingram who seem to take on more the bell cow bulk and load of the running game while AK spelled him in spots and nickel situations and eventually became a bigger part the more splash plays he made his rookie year, ..soon teams were far more afraid of Kamara than Ingram.

and I’m trying not to go overboard but could Pollard actually have more explosiveness and miss ‘em elusiveness than even Zeke ?

And when do we get to see the level of Pollard’s receiving skills as a weapon in Kellen’s offense ?

To Me Kamara is the best combination of talented and complete back in the league. He does so many things so well.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Pollard couldn't do half of what Kamara can do
Baloney, bro.

Kamara: 5'10, 215 lbs, 4.53 40 yd dash.

Pollard: 6'0", 210 lbs, 4.37 40 yd dash.

Tony is barely getting started. I bet by year's end, Pollard will be able to do not only as much as Kamara but more due to his bigger size and faster speed.