Position Unit of Most Concern

75boyz

Reaction score
Mine would be offensive tackle. I feel a little better about the performance level at the guard position however if a lot of shuffling and backup depth were required to log major snaps Id prolly be pretty close to the same nervousness level as with tackle.
Its just the uncertainty with Tyron and Steele's health and whether or not Waletzko is indeed a player is the basis of my concern. Not knowing if you're going to have both Tyron/Steele for a full year at full strength is not a good situation.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
OL

The entire offense hinges on this unit. How well they can play with the new blocking schemes will be huge as will how well the guys shuffle around when injuries happen.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I think OL should be a concern, but if i had to pick something i would say LB.....this is where there are more question marks than on the Riddler's costume. Will Clark step it up now, will LVE be injury free, will Overshown shine early, will Cox continue disappointing the coaches, will Devin Harper introduce himself, and will Parsons play DE so much that it hurts the LB crew. On the OL, at least you have some certainties like Tyler, Zack, Biadasz, Tyron and hopefully Steele....with the question being the backups. The LB issue is real and at this point not much certainty.....but as they say, only time will tell.

Techsass

Reaction score
My main concerns are because I just don't really know the talent level of our backup Olinemen & RBs. The team didn't seem to see either as a problem, but just last season they thought we were OK at WR.

plasticman

Reaction score
I don't know.

I have to see what we have, first.

Really, I'm going to be concerned about the one unit that gets hit the hardest with injuries prior to the start of the season.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
My, my. The Deek cheergirls are in full force and in regalia of failed years helmed by Deek.
His fan boys are so insecure they linger on a perceived slight.
Get over it, sad lads, there is other team aside from Deek.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I'm still trying to get over passing up Torrance.
That's because you're looking at: 'names', and position need rather than abilities. Edoga, Tyler, Asim (later in the season) and even Farniok suit a zonal scheme. I think we have (especially with Schoonmaker's run blocking) a plan to move away from the Zeke punch it up the middle. If we sign Risner, i'll be wrong, as he's a similar type to Torrance.

Saying that our potential weakness is having two Tackles with injury problems.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I gotta go RB.

Huge Tony Pollard fan, but I think he will need to be limited throughout the season in order to stay healthy and fresh come playoff time. He shouldn't receive more than 20 touches a game imo.

Ronald Jones hasn't had a good season since 2020 when he was on the Bucs Super Bowl Roster. Last year, in Kansas City he was barely used, carrying the ball only 17 times for 70 yards. In 2021, he averaged an unimpressive 4.2 yards per carry on 101 attempts. If he's our RB2, then we'll have serious issues running the ball.

Deuce Vaughn is a wildcard. Chances are he'll most likely be a gadget player on offense, but I think we'll have a good idea on what type of production we'll get from Deuce during preseason.

Then there's Malik Davis who didn't show anything special last year. Doubt he'll make a positive impact if given a larger role this year.
We have 'invested' resources in establishing a gameplan to assist the run game (Edoga, Asim, Schoonmaker).... the FO is looking at improving the scheme, which would improve the telegraphed Zeke up the middle of 2022.

Then again if the FO are going to continue with this penalizing, and sitting, talent for wanting to play and a distinct conservatism in going with what they know then and/or an inability to acknowledge that something isnt working on the field (BUT CONTINUE TO DO IT) I suppose we could make a case for the running game.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I'm stunned the first answer here is O line by anyone. Dallas has an excellent O line when everyone is healthy. Once Tyron gets hurt, you will have one unproven/questionable position. Its not the best situation in football but its certainly not anywhere near the worst.

In today's NFL, you effectively have two starting RB's that platoon. Dallas has one good one and crap/unknowns for the second one. I can't think of any other positional group that has this much of a concern. Maybe LB.

Flamma

Reaction score
Excluding QB and Kicker, what position unit concerns you the most?

I gotta go RB.

Huge Tony Pollard fan, but I think he will need to be limited throughout the season in order to stay healthy and fresh come playoff time. He shouldn't receive more than 20 touches a game imo.

Ronald Jones hasn't had a good season since 2020 when he was on the Bucs Super Bowl Roster. Last year, in Kansas City he was barely used, carrying the ball only 17 times for 70 yards. In 2021, he averaged an unimpressive 4.2 yards per carry on 101 attempts. If he's our RB2, then we'll have serious issues running the ball.

Deuce Vaughn is a wildcard. Chances are he'll most likely be a gadget player on offense, but I think we'll have a good idea on what type of production we'll get from Deuce during preseason.

Then there's Malik Davis who didn't show anything special last year. Doubt he'll make a positive impact if given a larger role this year.
I get where you're coming from, but IMO this isn't much of a debate, the OL is the biggest concern. If Dallas struggles after Tyron gets hurt, it won't matter who is at RB.

I see your concern at RB. I am surprised the Cowboys didn't address it earlier in the draft. Because it looks like Deuce has to be more than a gadget player. He has to be a serious contributor, or someone besides Pollard does. What happens if Pollard is out for a few weeks? Dallas can't not have a run game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depth for sure. Starting five should be top ten.
Definitely. Health permitting. But Tyron Smith’s hasn’t been good for years.

I wonder if they have Jason Peters on speed dial?