Possible 10-15 years of .500 football when Dak's gone

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Dak prescott has a zero percent chance of winning multiple playoff games in a season, since his career is still active we can put it higher than zero but likely at this point under 10 percent as his statistics on winning 1 playoff game are under 30 percent...so you walk into the playoffs knowing that there is 2/3 of a chance your QB will lose that game.

Our chances of rolling the dice with someone else on this roster, may for some years be under 30 percent to win a playoff game but why stick with such a gauranteed low percentage instead of try to game with a QB that will be above 40-60 percent for winning 1 playoff game. I am talking 1 wildcard win here, not even a NFCCG win.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Some people hate Dak so much on a personal level, they fail to see the real problem. As long as the Jones family controls the Cowboys’ front office this team will always under achieve. The problem starts with a family who answers to no one and never has their job on the line running football operations. Patrick Mahomes would fail here. Brady in his prime would fail here.
Both can be true. They are both the issue.

The Cincinnati Bengals at one point were arguably one of if not the worst ran franchises in the league for years and employed their own version of Jason Garrett in Marvin Lewis for 15 years without a playoff win.

They won the division a couple of times and had their own version of Dak (Dalton) and routinely got knocked out the playoffs early everytime they made it. Ffwd to 2020, they take Joe Burrow 1st overall, and guess what? Their fortunes suddenly changed. Theyve been to multiple conference title games and a Super Bowl in the last 4 years.

A true QB that doesnt fold in high pressure situations would change the outlook on this team immensely.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You're trippin. And, you're desperate.
With a championship organization, it's a matter of rebuilding with a real quarterback.
If they extend Dak, it's 5-10 more years of failure.
Just your opinion. Nothing else.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
QB’s don’t grow on trees. No matter what you think of Dak, he‘s not the reason for not having much playoff success. He was 2nd in NFL MVP race for a reason. He’s that good. Once he’s gone, it could possibly be years before they break .500. This is no Chicago Bears defense in the making not with massive holes at DT and LB. Mahomes and Brady are generational type players. Picking a QB in the draft is a 50/50 crap shoot AT BEST. So many 1st round busts at that position. Casual fans don’t understand that and want Dak gone NOW. But ask them who’s going to be the QB? They think anyone they draft will be the answer right away. Not likely to happen.

I hope Dak gets extended because I know he gives the team the best chance of winning the Super Bowl. I just hope it’s a team friendly extension. Fix the running game and get a defense that can stop the run and he can easily lead this team to the Super Bowl.
13Qe.gif

Swanny

Reaction score
QB’s don’t grow on trees. No matter what you think of Dak, he‘s not the reason for not having much playoff success. He was 2nd in NFL MVP race for a reason. He’s that good. Once he’s gone, it could possibly be years before they break .500. This is no Chicago Bears defense in the making not with massive holes at DT and LB. Mahomes and Brady are generational type players. Picking a QB in the draft is a 50/50 crap shoot AT BEST. So many 1st round busts at that position. Casual fans don’t understand that and want Dak gone NOW. But ask them who’s going to be the QB? They think anyone they draft will be the answer right away. Not likely to happen.

I hope Dak gets extended because I know he gives the team the best chance of winning the Super Bowl. I just hope it’s a team friendly extension. Fix the running game and get a defense that can stop the run and he can easily lead this team to the Super Bowl.
Not winning super bowls is the same as being .500. The end result is the same regardless. Why pay $60 million a year to lose in round 1 when you can pay 20 million or less to a QB to accomplish the same thing.

Mikexike

Reaction score
It's time to move on from Dak. It doesn't have to be the end of the world. We've gotten no where with him anyway. The most hollow 12-5 seasons you'll ever see.

Yes, it can get bad like the early 2000s but it doesn't have to if they keep drafting well. Land a guy like Stroud and you're off to the races with new hope...
100% Watching them trot Dak out gives me no excitement.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You don’t get it, bro.

Dak is comfortable. 15 years of Dak and Romo have made fans comfortable in mediocrity.

Dak fans are terrified of the unknown.

Because what if we fail? Isn’t it safer to just stay here on the shore and never venture out? We have a soft little spot here. They don’t know what’s out there and it scares them.
You don’t get it. Dak gives this team the best chance at winning a Super Bowl. All you haters are blinded by your intense desire to hate.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
there's a possibility as well with Dak having an extension for us to never see the superbowl... so what's the difference... i would say the chances of gambling on someone else are higher than 50/50 at this point

the chances are heavily in Daks favour to lose his next playoff game with the 2-5 record he has - that is facts and backed by statistics. He has a 28% chance of winning you a playoff game, zero percent chance of winning more than 2 in his career.
Daks just 1 of 53 dude.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score

And this is what separates good organizations from bad. The hands of time always spin. Some people adapt. Some wring their hands in fear.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
They are awful at finding coaches too. If McCarthy is the best HC they've hired since Jimmy, whew boy..............
They are awful at finding coaches too. If McCarthy is the best HC they've hired since Jimmy, whew boy..............

Most years yes. In scouting and in the draft, there is a saying that most Hooters waitresses can nail the top of the draft.

The year you need a QB has a lot to do with your potential success of finding one.

Next year, you’re probably looking at Shadeur Sanders, Carson Beck, Quinn Ewers, Drew Allar, and maybe DJ Uiagalelei if he can return to form at Florida State.

So, no sure things there.

Yup, this. It’s pretty much a cardinal sin for any sports franchise to let a GM rebuild twice. And here we are with fans excited about the like 5th iteration of a Jones rebuild. Obviously THIS is the time they will get it right .
Not to mention that it was Parcells that pulled this franchise from the gutter the 1st time after Jimmy. Even tho he didn’t have real playoff success, a lot of his decisions on “buying the groceries” lead to the team’s later (relative) success. Good luck finding another HOF mind to come here.
Pm

jwitten82

Reaction score
Some people hate Dak so much on a personal level, they fail to see the real problem. As long as the Jones family controls the Cowboys’ front office this team will always under achieve. The problem starts with a family who answers to no one and never has their job on the line running football operations. Patrick Mahomes would fail here. Brady in his prime would fail here.
Serious question, are you seriously blaming the Jones for Daks poor playoff performances? If so, are you gonna give them credit for Daks regular season performance?

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
You don’t get it. Dak gives this team the best chance at winning a Super Bowl. All you haters are blinded by your intense desire to hate.
Dak is a good QB. i just think his window has closed. you didn’t capitalize earlier w him. Teams usually strike gold within a certain time. (rookie deal) there’s rare cases like stafford but Rams were truly ALL IN and got it done. Dallas has never been all in. the most was last season. we traded for cooks and gilmore. had MM as a OC, extended hooker, dono, signed hankins. and dallas still fell short.

it’s not all dak. but dallas has failed. it’s time for a change.

tbh dallas is probably waiting to see what lance shows in OTAs, mini camp , Pre season. if he shows upside no deal will be made with prescott. he will play his last season in dallas in 2024.

CWR

Reaction score
The Texans literally were the laughing stock of the entire nfl 2 years ago. They already passed the Dallas Cowboys by drafting CJ Stroud

/thread
Different management though. They hired a good staff and brought in talent.

We will keep hiring yes men and ignoring our weaknesses.

You can absolutely flip things quick in this era of football, but you have to have a competent FO.

If we fall off, I'd hope the fall is hard and fast. It's our only chance at any type of change in philosophy. Otherwise they'll continue to sale snake oil.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'd be scared to try to get better. What if we do and the new guy is better than dak, boy my stomach would hurt. oh my, let's cut Rush and Trey and pick up the worst guy ever so he won't pressure dak. please jerry get it done.

JBS

Reaction score
Most years yes. In scouting and in the draft, there is a saying that most Hooters waitresses can nail the top of the draft.

The year you need a QB has a lot to do with your potential success of finding one.

Next year, you’re probably looking at Shadeur Sanders, Carson Beck, Quinn Ewers, Drew Allar, and maybe DJ Uiagalelei if he can return to form at Florida State.

So, no sure things there.
Yeah so it’s not really up to dumb and dumber to get it right. Have to be lucky that the year you have the pick , it’s a good qb class.