Twitter: Possible explanation from a physician for Jaylon Smith's regression

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Unless it is Jaylon's doctor speaking, I don't care what they have to say about Jaylon's "regression".

Sydla

Reaction score
Unless it is Jaylon's doctor speaking, I don't care what they have to say about Jaylon's "regression".

I mean sure but if you have two eyes, you can clearly see that Smith has regressed. I dare anyone to watch some of his 2018 games and then watch last year and argue it's the same caliber player.

lk8701

Reaction score
And never should have been. Where do I sign up for such manna from Heaven???

He isn't exactly some super lucky guy. If he was healthy he would have been a top 10 pick and would likely be a perennial All Pro player. Taylor Decker screwed him with a cheap shot.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I mean if we sign LVE to a 4 year deal and they can get from under it in a few years...i'm not opposed to that.
It depends on how Cox plays during the season. Two cheap linebackers under team control for the next 3 years is something the Cowboys should not pass up.

Praxit

Reaction score
..Dang, that sounds knee deep troublesome. Hopefully, its something else.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I think his biggest issue is his weight. He's far too heavy for his own good. With his lower leg issues, he should be carrying just enough weight. Instead, he's built like a power lifter, which even further limits his range of motion.

I firmly believe that the Cowboys training staff and S&T staff have equally impacted Jaylons career downturn. He needs to drop 15-20lbs and stick to the Will.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It depends on how Cox plays during the season. Two cheap linebackers under team control for the next 3 years is something the Cowboys should not pass up.
I mean I gotta see how Cox plays against the run when teams start to shred us from there like they've done the last 3 years. I'm not concerned with Parson's there.......but having cheap resources at linebacker with them playing at a high level is a nice luxury to have though.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
We need a few more bash Jaylon threads
AllSpiritedEgret-size_restricted.gif

basel90

Reaction score

The head team physician for the Dallas Cowboys Football Dr. DANIEL E. COOPER, M.D. might have been too optimistic about Jaylon's prognosis. Drafting him in the 2nd round was a terrible reach. Extending him should have never been a consideration. The Cowboys really botched their 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2016 draft. Ramsey and Henry was the way to go.

Jerry's medical experiments and gambles backfiring again . A wasted 2nd rounder from day 1 . And a costlier one with the doubling down contract last year. Baffling management of the talent and the cap.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
He looks heavier and bulkier than the weight they have him listed. Perhaps he would benefit by losing 10-15 pounds.

He also looks top heavy for his frame. Too much upper body strength and not enough lower body strength. That could be the arthritis in the leg.

Exactly, hence the problem with the sled.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The head team physician for the Dallas Cowboys Football Dr. DANIEL E. COOPER, M.D. might have been too optimistic about Jaylon's prognosis. Drafting him in the 2nd round was a terrible reach. Extending him should have never been a consideration. The Cowboys really botched their 1st and 2nd round picks in the 2016 draft. Ramsey and Henry was the way to go.

Has this guy (Dr. DANIEL E. COOPER, M.D.) been fired yet?
What a waste of a great draft pick!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The picking of Smith in the 2nd was all risk and that is how this team operates. However, the 2nd contract was all ego, doubling down to make a statement that he was right about taking the risk. Even called Smith the cornerstone of the defense when no football man in the league would have done that.

Booger is unable to be objective about evaluating players and value because his ego is always part of the process.

Booger is a poor gambler. Doesn't know when to take the losses, cut and run. He keeps waiting for someone to prove him right or worse, make him right.

jujoboys

Reaction score

Every time I hear the name Jaylon Smith I think of the player we passed on to draft him. I was watching the draft and just knew we were going to take Chris Jones. To my disappointment we tried to outsmart everyone and took an injured player who was projected Top 5 prior to the injury. However, it was such a devastating injury. The only good news is that our salary CAP really would be hurting with Chris Jones on the books.