Post an obscure and pointless fact

cowboyec

Reaction score
the opening bass lick on the song You're So Square(baby I don't care) is played by Elvis.
at the recording session for Jailhouse Rock,his bass player....Bill Black...was struggling with the intro on electric bass...he was used to his stand-up bass.
In frustration he slid the bass across the floor yelling "I cant play this damn thing".
Elvis picked it up and said "let me try it".
He got it on the 1st take.
and never missed an opportunity to rub it in.

kskboys

Reaction score
A snake can strike approximately 2/3rds to 3/4ths of its length. So, a 6 foot snake can strike about 4 foot or so.

Yes, all those stories you've heard from some dummmm Boomhaur redneck about a snake flinging itself straight up from a stretched out position are pure BS. If a snake isn't coiled, it can only strike a few inches.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I use dish soap. No idea if other soap works. I always make it strong. Good long squirt in a pan or bucket of water.
Ivory liquid on a white plate will repel mosquitoes.

Beer in a foil plate will kill slugs in your garden. This has put a heaping of guilt on me because whenever I quaff a brewski, I am allowing hundreds of slugs to flourish. But several more bottles and that passes.

If you get a hornet or wasp sting for the first time, wait t5 minutes and if you are still alive, you are not allergic and this is very useful information. If you are allergic, it is still useful information......only to someone else.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ivory liquid on a white plate will repel mosquitoes.

Beer in a foil plate will kill slugs in your garden. This has put a heaping of guilt on me because whenever I quaff a brewski, I am allowing hundreds of slugs to flourish. But several more bottles and that passes.

If you get a hornet or wasp sting for the first time, wait t5 minutes and if you are still alive, you are not allergic and this is very useful information. If you are allergic, it is still useful information......only to someone else.
Isn't there a better remedy like powdered gold or something?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Isn't there a better remedy like powdered gold or something?
Powdered gold? That's a new one on me.

I tell ya, these mosquito plants and Patio Eggs do a pretty good job but the plants need to be wet in order to have any effect.

I haven't had a bite on the patio but I did get a spider bite last summer and that took a couple of months to go completely away. It would stop itching and I would thought it was gone and then whammo, back again and itching like crazy. Hell, I thought I might wake up attached to the ceiling fan.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Hot water turns to ice faster than cool water.
Spinning or twirling a warm can of beer on just a handful of ice cubes for several minutes chills it in rapid fashion,,,YET short of a handy deep freezer,,,nothing chills a can of beer faster than hosing it down with several blasts of LPG from yer' old style BBQ propane cylinder while being held upside down/ invertedo_O

cowboyec

Reaction score
one of Elvis' most prolific and artisticly brilliant recording sessions was held in Nashville's Studio B on April 3,1960.
Finishing touches for the brilliant album Elvis Is Back.
among the songs recorded at this historic session:
•Fever...album track on Elvis Is Back.
•It's Now or Never...#1 hit single...Gold.
•The Girl of My Best Friend...album track on E.I.B.
•I Gotta Know...B-side on Are You Lonesome Tonight single...excellent recording.
•Such A Night...brilliant track on E.I.B.
•Are You Lonesome Tonight...#1 hit single...Gold.
•Girl Next Door Went Walkin'...excellent E.I.B. track.
•Reconsider Baby...closing R&B cut on E.I.B....outstanding recording.

-the album Elvis Is Back would go Gold and reach #2 on bilboard chart.
-Its Now or Never would be the biggest selling single of his career.
-Are You Lonesome Tonight was suggested to him by Col Parker as a favor for his wife...it was their favorite song.

Last edited:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
lol, what a joke of a video. Jupiter most certainly does orbit the Sun, what the hell else is it circling due to gravitational pull? (besides the the super massive blackhole at the center of the Milky Way)

Also to note, all gravitational objects pull on each other, but lets be clear. The video shows Jupiter pulling MASSIVELY against the Sun. That isn't even remotely close. Yes, Jupiter wobbles the Sun, but understand. The Sun contains 99.996% of all the mass in our solar system. That means Jupiter at tops is half of 1 percent of the weight of the Sun. If you weight 200lbs, Jupiter would at tops weight 1lb compared to you. Is it enough for you to feel the pull? Yes. Is it going to throw you completely off balance as depicted in the video. No.

btw, two stars of the exact same mass can (and do!) orbit each other. (read the definition of the word orbit!) Pretty much all orbits are elliptical and not perfectly round.

This is orbiting.

Top%2BImage%2B%2B-%2BCREDIT-%2BNASA%252527s%2BGoddard%2BSpace%2BFlight%2BCenter.gif

So is this:

tQ73zQ8.gif

and so is this

orbit1.gif
Cool orbits

cowboyec

Reaction score
one of Elvis' shortest but most historic recording sessions was held on July 2,1956.
at RcA Studios in New York.
3 songs.
3 Gold Hits.
1 HISTORIC SINGLE that produced 2 #1's.

•Hound Dog....31 takes...1 historic anthem.
•Don't Be Cruel...Historic B-Side to Hound Dog...the greatest 1-2 punch in Rock n Roll History...Elvis tried a unique trick on this incredible song....thats Elvis slapping the back of his guitar.
this dynamic single sold a million before Hound Dog charted at #24 on bilboard...eventually reaching #1.
•Anyway You Want Me...one of the greatest ballads of his career.He was more excited about this gem than the others.It would end up the B-Side to Love Me Tender...placing 27th on bilboard...lost in the shadows of its A-Side #1 smash.

A short....but brilliant session.

Last edited: