Post an obscure and pointless fact

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Researchers at the Texas Department of Highways in Fort Worth determined the cow population of the U.S. burps some 50 million tons of valuable hydrocarbons into the atmosphere each year. The accumulated burps of ten average cows could keep a small house adequately heated and its stove operating for a year.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Researchers at the Texas Department of Highways in Fort Worth determined the cow population of the U.S. burps some 50 million tons of valuable hydrocarbons into the atmosphere each year. The accumulated burps of ten average cows could keep a small house adequately heated and its stove operating for a year.
Why is a Highways Agency doing Cow Research?
I guess the Highways in Texas must be perfect, to the point where They're getting bored in the Research dept.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Why is a Highways Agency doing Cow Research?
I guess the Highways in Texas must be perfect, to the point where They're getting bored in the Research dept.
I have no idea why they researched it But a few years ago California tried to pass a cow fart tax claiming the cows were contributing to climate change. The dairy farmers told them they would move out of the state if they did. End of story.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
What if it’s a mechanical pencil?
thinking-face_1f914.png
Good question. May depend on the amount of lead sticks inside.

aria

Reaction score
thinking-face_1f914.png
Good question. May depend on the amount of lead sticks inside.
The more realistic question is what and if there’s a difference in the length of the line depending om whether it’s a #2 or #3. I’d assume the #3 wouldn’t last nearly as long since it’s much softer, or maybe it wojld be the same depending on the amount of pressure applied. Interesting tidbit, regardless, thanks for sharing.