Post an obscure and pointless fact

Londonboy

Reaction score
C.B Fry, who represented England at both Football and Cricket and once held the World Long Jump record, was once offered the throne of Albania (He declined). His favourite party trick was to leap backwards onto a mantlepiece, from a standing start, which He was still doing well into His 60's.

aria

Reaction score
A mountain lion kitten is born with black and brown spots which act as a natural camouflage against predators. Around 2-3 months the spots already begin to disappear and by ~2-3 years they are completely gone.

Bonus! A mountain lion kitten is also born with light blue eyes which begin to change at 4 months. By the time the kitties are about 1.5 years old, their eyes are golden brown like a fully mature cougars.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
u9Q.gif
Lundy, if you're unaware, this is the evil monkey that lives in Chris Griffin's closet on Family Guy.

ThatGuyTra

Reaction score
The entire United States Interstate Highway System cost ~$499 billion. :)
The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) cost ~$475 billion. :(

cowboyec

Reaction score
The soundtrack LP...G.I. Blues...was Elvis' first #1 Album of 1960...went Gold...and was the longest charting album of his career.
It remained on the bilboard charts for 122 weeks.

-The track Blue Suede Shoes was one of the only times Elvis would re-record a song he had already covered.
-The track Wooden Heart would be shelved from being released as a single in the U.S.,but would be a major hit over sea's.....#1 in the U.K.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
The soundtrack LP...Blue Hawaii...was Elvis' biggest selling album of his lifetime...selling 2.5 million copies.
Spent several weeks at #1...and easily went Gold.
It was Elvis' 2nd consecutive #1 LP to begin 1961...(the studio LP Something For Everybody was his first.It also went Gold).

-the outstanding ballad Can't Help Falling In Love w/You was an instant classic.
this Gold standard would stall at #2 on the charts....and would be revived by Elvis from 69-77 as his concert closer(except in '71 when he used The Impossible Dream...but eventually went back to the classic ballad.)
-Rock a Hula Baby was the flip side...it scored a top 30 hit.
-the album contained 14 songs...the longest song lineup of any previous Elvis album.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I actually used this a few years ago and it definitely works.
I think their ' lungs' they breath thru are either located on the thorax or abdomen ( hey,it's been awhile since 5th grade biology) and that soapy solution vapor locks their operational system up big time,,,you "smoke& soap" those nuisance beehives out a couple hours after dark.

GMO415

Reaction score
20 plus years in the business of um......"people". I can tell you this....life is very fragile. It doesn't take much for you to reach your demise. I wish I could go back to the days when I was just a sheep in the heard.