Post an obscure and pointless fact

cowboyec

Reaction score
Elvis scored 2 Top 20 hits in 1972.

•Burning Love...this classic rocker soared to #2 on bilboard,just missing the top spot.
It did get to #1 on cashbox.
Worldwide hit...easily going Gold and showing he could still rock it.
One of his GREATEST recordings.
•Seperate Ways...reached #20 on bilboard...recorded the same week he and Priscilla split.This hauntingly beautiful,deeply personal gem is a real treasure.
Elvis was deeply private....but intimately personal with his music.He opens up on this one....and it's B-Side...Always On My Mind...recorded at the same session.
Seperate Ways/Always On My Mind may have been the most personal single release he ever did.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Which Eagle?
There are many types.
I don't know, but I'm not swallowing that ocular dimension, now, maybe those rods/ cones are of a detailed calibration in surpassing the capabilities of human eyesight ,but not of physical Dimension ,,,who was that one member who hobby photos eagles/owls,,,was that @Silver Surfer ? he'd be of best judgment in this one.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do so many restaurants advertise "home made", when it's made in the restaurant?
I know but that's the buzz like hand crafted brews and spirits.

The other thing about "home made" is that if that's so good, why are people going out to eat so much? And some of the frightening creatures I have seen working at fast food joints, I am really glad it's restaurant made and not made in their homes. I don't even want some of them touching the bag my sammich is in.

cowboyec

Reaction score
1970 was one of Elvis' most prolific years.
*2 Gold Albums that would chart in the top 40.
*5 Top 40 songs...one in the top 10.
*5 Gold Singles.

The Albums:
•On Stage...recorded live in Vegas in Feb of 1970...2 tracks were from '69...also live.
excellent album...placing 13th.
•Thats The Way It Is...soundtrack LP for the documentary film released in Nov of 1970.
A brilliant work containing live tracks from Vegas and studio cuts from the amazing Nashville Marathon.It came in at #21 on bilboard.

The Top 40 Songs:
•Kentucky Rain...recorded in '69,this classic went to 16th on the charts...one of the best recordings of his career.
•The Wonder of You...pulled from the On Stage LP,it would become an instant international hit...going #1 in the UK and #10 here in U.S.
•I've Lost You...the first release from the Marathon session,this hauntingly beautiful song is a personal favorite...ahead of its time.
Gives Elvis his 3rd top 40 hit...#32 on bilboard.
•You Don't Have To Say You Love Me...powerful vocal performance...this ballad fits nicely in the Elvis canon...placed #11 on the charts.Beautiful,perfect recording.
•I Really Don't Want To Know...this gem was a forerunner to the brilliant Elvis Country LP.
one of the greatest vocal performances of his career...a brilliant recording.Placed in the top 40 at #21.

The Gold Singles:
•Kentucky Rain/My Little Friend(both recorded in '69...released in '70)
•The Wonder of You/Mama Liked The Roses(recorded in '69)
•Ive Lost You/The Next Step Is Love
•You Dont Have To Say You Love Me/Patch It Up
•I Really Don't Want To Know/There Goes My Everything

1970 was a helluva year for Elvis.
Best Album:Thats The Way It Is
Best Song:The Wonder of You
Best Single:I Really Don't Want To Know/There Goes My Everything...his vocals carry the day here.

Last edited: