Post an obscure and pointless fact

cowboyec

Reaction score
the one millionth vinyl record pressed at the RcA Plant in Indianapolis...was a copy of Elvis' Moody Blue...his last album.
RcA framed it and presented it to Elvis.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Elvis' very first recording session for RcA was held on Jan 10,1956 in Nashville.
Only 3 songs were recorded on that first night.
°I Got A Woman...a cover of Ray Charles' classic gets the distinction as Elvis' 1st song recorded for RcA...it is easily Elvis' most performed song...staying in his set list from his earliest live performances in the 50s thru his many 70s concerts.
°Heartbreak Hotel...this classic...one of his greatest...was his 1st no.1 hit and his first Gold Single.
°Money Honey...the closing track on his debut album is one of his finest outputs ever recorded...the fusion of Country,R&B and Gospel into Rock n Roll is on full display.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Elvis' final recording session for RcA was held @Graceland on Oct.31,1976.
The only song recorded that night...earning the distinction as Elvis' last song recorded for RcA...He'll Have To Go...featured on his last album...Moody Blue.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I wanna Google “obscure facts” just so I can get in on this with y’all! I feel inadequate reading all these juicy tidbits!

So, let’s see here, umm...

Dang. Umm...

Umm...

You can lead a horse to water but can’t force it to drink. .... ? ...

An obscure fact (while very true and pointless), yet popular idiom. Does that count?

Goes off and makes popular idioms thread :)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Gosh, that was awful wasn’t it.

Okay...

A polar bear’s skin in black. It is so such that it can trap the sun’s heat easier.

A flamingo, in the natural wild, derives it’s pink color from the melanin it consumes in shrimp, it’s largest diet.

These are from my head, thus they are true. And pointless.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I actually know a lot of pointless ****

Great white sharks have never been spotted mating in the wild. Scientists still aren’t certain where their breeding areas are.

Rosemary Kennedy may have been the most interesting, attractive, outgoing, anti-establishment member of the Kennedy clan. For that, she was lobotomized.

An apple a day doesn’t keep the doctor away (dang, back to the idioms)

cowboyec

Reaction score
Suspicious Minds...recorded in 1969 at American Studios in Memphis...was Elvis' last #1 song of his career.(on bilboard...Burning Love went #1 on Cash Box in '72).
The fade-out/fade-in at the end of the song was a late addition by Elvis' producer Felton Jarvis.
Elvis performed the song Live in Vegas before it was released as a single.....blown away by his performance,Felton ordered production of the single stopped to add the fade trick.

In my opinion....it stands alone as his grestest recording.

Last edited:

cowboyec

Reaction score
Way Down...recorded in '76 @Graceland...would be Elvis' last top 40 hit while he was alive.
Just a week or so before his tragic death...Way Down stalled at #31 on bilboards Top 40.
Spurred by his passing...it eventually rested at #18...paired with Pledging My Love,it would be the last single release of his life...eventually going Gold.

J.D.Sumner,Elvis' bass singer...held the guiness book record for lowest recorded note...heard at the end of this classic.

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Gosh, that was awful wasn’t it.

Okay...

A polar bear’s skin in black. It is so such that it can trap the sun’s heat easier.

A flamingo, in the natural wild, derives it’s pink color from the melanin it consumes in shrimp, it’s largest diet.

These are from my head, thus they are true. And pointless.
I've a single plastic pink flamingo out in my yard,,,:thumbup:

* the cat hangs out with it more than I do:lmao: