CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CL82NUv.png
The next tome someone mentione the "good old days", I am showing them this

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Pigs also don't sweat. So the old adage, "sweating like a pig" is inaccurate. They lack sweat glands. If they overheat, they die, because their body can't adjust. That's why they roll in the mud, to cover their skin to keep cool from the sun.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Elvis released 5 "Live" albums during his lifetime.
•In Person at the International...'69...his return to live performances was a knock-out.
hi-lights include...My Babe and an 8min Suspicious Minds.
•On Stage...recorded in Feb 1970...polk salad annie,walk a mile in my shoes,sweet caroline and the wonder of you are among the hi-lights.
•As Recorded At Madison Square Garden...June of '72...one of his greatest albums.
•Aloha from Hawaii-via satellite...double album was his last #1 LP.
•Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis...1974 live album features the iconic How Great Thou Art which would win him a grammy for best vocal performance of a gospel song.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
Speaking of "Sweating like a pig":

Humans can outrun almost any animal over long distances due to our efficient up-right running position and our ability to dissipate heat. The one animal that can hang with us, due to it's unique ability to pant, we made our best friend.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Speaking of "Sweating like a pig":

Humans can outrun almost any animal over long distances due to our efficient up-right running position and our ability to dissipate heat. The one animal that can hang with us, due to it's unique ability to pant, we made our best friend.
I think horses do okay, as well as deer, and many other animals. Or are you talking strictly about predators?

timb2

Reaction score
The Werewolf is based on some facts from 1700s & 1800s. There was a true story of a demonic werewolf killing and eating people in a small town France. The villagers said it was not a wolf but different with the main of a man with dead black eyes and a demonic laugh. A villager finally killed the werewolf and just recently investigators found the werewolf stuffed in a French museum archives. Come to find out it was a Hyena. The investigators reasoned that a Hyena was owned probably from some rich land owner who for prestiege kept exotic animals and the Hyena got away and NO WAY was this rich land owner going to say one of his exotic pets was killing and eating the villagers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hye...h=719#imgrc=mswj2Uz-DGD4iM:&spf=1531853919121

Last edited:

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
I think horses do okay, as well as deer, and many other animals. Or are you talking strictly about predators?
I don't know. I just remember someone telling me that that was how we, as humans, were able to hunt animals that were faster than us. A team of people would just chase the animal, it would outrun us and then sit still, we'd track it/catch-up and push it to run some more, rinse and repeat until the animal succumbed to heat exhaustion. Keep in mind, the hunters probably didn't have to run the whole time. Probably a mixture of walking/jogging.

**Edit**
It was called "Persistence Hunting". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persistence_hunting