Post Draft Analysis

Rayman70

Reaction score
Oh stop with this Deuce crap. I don't want to spend the summer hearing how a pocket-sized Pollard is going to change anything. If he amounts to anything he's a very limited role player.
Im not saying that. Im saying give it a chance. Deuce has major production at a big school against great teams. He isn't some dang gadget player.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Oh stop with this Deuce crap. I don't want to spend the summer hearing how a pocket-sized Pollard is going to change anything. If he amounts to anything he's a very limited role player.
We could have drafted literally any RB and it’ll likely be a more efficient player than Zeke was last year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
don't underestimate him.

cnuball21

Reaction score
BB said it during the coverage. Kyle yeoman's put the chart up. I'm telling u, the Eagles had a nice draft. I am not saying they didnt, but the first 2 picks are risky as hell. Carter might be in jail this year. Dude killed 2 people. It’s an ongoing investigation. He has work ethic issues(Carter). Very lazy and hard to deal with. Big Character issues. I wish Siriani luck. Lastly, NS and the medicals are real and long. Hes undersized as well;. What happened to Nakobe Dean last year after they drafted him? He was a non factor. Davis? Barely did anything. They drafted Ringo. That kid is really raw and might at best, be a special teams guy for them. I respect the Eagles, but their draft wasn't all that.
I think when you’re fresh off a Super Bowl appearance you have a little more leeway to take risks when your roster is complete as theirs.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I see 2 heavy contributors' day 1. I see 2 starting special teamers. Then the rest are darts. Thats a nice draft actually. Its a baseline, but thats what ya want heading into a draft when your team is already stacked. Question is, will it be enuff?
A poor draft class and us picking 26th and we get two potential starters in day 1. This was exactly the right draft to forgo BPA...when that player doesnt necessarily move the needle on what we have. Sometimes you play safe and find the players that help schemes.

The fact we didnt draft Torrence and preferred Schoonmaker is a reflection on HOW we're proposing to play AND how we valued the LG. Hyatt with elite speed, going WR10 is a sign that the league isnt as high as some of the draft experts....even Zierlein called him "Boom or Bust"

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Deuce Vaughn was drafted 2 rds below where he should haver been. We stole him. He will shine. Some fans are never happy. I was reading his bio and learned one of his strengths is pass protection. I was stunned. I figured because hes small he wouldn't be great at it, but turns out, its a strength. I am really wanting to see him in action.
Can't buy the blocking statement. PFF describes him as having effort but nothing more than a speed bump, nfldraftbuzz states limited to cut blocks, from Draft network - pass protection issue, Zierlein states the obvious that he's "not built for blitz pickups", and so on ...and so on.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We could have drafted literally any RB and it’ll likely be a more efficient player than Zeke was last year.
dang..I think thats a bit harsh. Zeke is done. I believe that. But the backs that remained were flagged. Deuce was the cleanest guy left. Hey at very least he will be a returner and give us some juice.

Rayman70

Reaction score
A poor draft class and us picking 26th and we get two potential starters in day 1. This was exactly the right draft to forgo BPA...when that player doesnt necessarily move the needle on what we have. Sometimes you play safe and find the players that help schemes.

The fact we didnt draft Torrence and preferred Schoonmaker is a reflection on HOW we're proposing to play AND how we valued the LG. Hyatt with elite speed, going WR10 is a sign that the league isnt as high as some of the draft experts....even Zierlein called him "Boom or Bust"
well stated.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Can't buy the blocking statement. PFF describes him as having effort but nothing more than a speed bump, nfldraftbuzz states limited to cut blocks, from Draft network - pass protection issue, Zierlein states the obvious that he's "not built for blitz pickups", and so on ...and so on.
preaching to the choir. But I read 1 bio that said different. Its not me saying it. That said, if anything he will give us a weapon as a returner. It wasn't a bad pick. Zach Evans was available but was flagged for off the field stuff really bad stuff according to Bryan Broaddus. Spears had medical flags as well. Same with Charbonnet. Not the best year if u wanted a rb. Many were flagged.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
My only real issue with this draft is the TE pick. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised because they showed interest in just about all the top guys. The kid is certainly athletic enough and some of the cut ups I have seen of him, he looks like a heck of a blocker. I always like looking back to compare the pick versus the guy the board is pining for. I will have my eye on O’Cyrus. We may have made a mistake. Or maybe not.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
dang..I think thats a bit harsh. Zeke is done. I believe that. But the backs that remained were flagged. Deuce was the cleanest guy left. Hey at very least he will be a returner and give us some juice.
I think we're still high on Malik and Rico.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Mccntosh was medically flagged as well.. The Pitt rb had a issue as well.

Rayman70

Reaction score
My only real issue with this draft is the TE pick. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised because they showed interest in just about all the top guys. The kid is certainly athletic enough and some of the cut ups I have seen of him, he looks like a heck of a blocker. I always like looking back to compare the pick versus the guy the board is pining for. I will have my eye on O’Cyrus. We may have made a mistake. Or maybe not.
I agree. Drafting that type of TE in rd 2 seems too high. I think we could have drafted him a rd later.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
preaching to the choir. But I read 1 bio that said different. Its not me saying it. That said, if anything he will give us a weapon as a returner. It wasn't a bad pick. Zach Evans was available but was flagged for off the field stuff really bad stuff according to Bryan Broaddus. Spears had medical flags as well. Same with Charbonnet. Not the best year if u wanted a rb. Many were flagged.
That’s why anyone not wanting Bijan was nuts. I prayed that he would drop, but I knew it wasn‘t going to happen.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
But look at Dak and how he uses his TE's, and lets not forget we had to replace Schultz. Agree with everyone that mention Fergushot, however, Schoon also provides deception, being able to contribute in run and pass.

We obviously didnt like Torrence, or we thought we can find better....it's not as if we didnt see him up close and just because he was a visit doesnt mean we liked him when he left.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I agree. Drafting that type of TE in rd 2 seems too high. I think we could have drafted him a rd later.
I don’t think he would have. The TE’s went off the board pretty quickly. Heck I think if Washington hadn’t been red flagged he would have probably been the pick. IMO they got a player that I think will be a starter. He’s just too well rounded to not be the guy.

Rayman70

Reaction score
But look at Dak and how he uses his TE's, and lets not forget we had to replace Schultz. Agree with everyone that mention Fergushot, however, Schoon also provides deception, being able to contribute in run and pass.

We obviously didnt like Torrence, or we thought we can find better....it's not as if we didnt see him up close and just because he was a visit doesnt mean we liked him when he left.
Ferguson was legit. We didnt need a TE in rd 2. If we wanted a blocker at Te just wait another rd, he would have been there. We were never drafting at TE at 26. We were interested in a TE but not early. If we wanted a pass catching TE why didnt we draft La porta? Thats because it was a smokescreen as far as wanting him at 26. The media took the bait. That said, I would have waited 1 more rd.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don’t think he would have. The TE’s went off the board pretty quickly. Heck I think if Washington hadn’t been red flagged he would have probably been the pick. IMO they got a player that I think will be a starter. He’s just too well rounded to not be the guy.
I agree and he better be what we think he is. Ferguson might have something to say about that.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
That's one of the issues with this kind of draft where there isnt real consensus....just cant predict the unpredictable. Its a bit like last year, we were high on a number of TE's, but missed the run and had to settle for Ferguson. I suppose this year we wanted a two/way TE. I can see the concerns with a TE there, but assuming we didnt like Torrence (at all) then he filled the greatest need.