Twitter: Post Game Tweets 10/23/2022

Chuck 54

Reaction score
just insane what the officials and the nfl front office is doing with this ruffing the passer penalty rules. it needs to stop it is going to cost alot of teams games in the future maybe decide a playoff game screw a team over.
It looked like helmet to helmet contact. That’s called every time whether intentional or not.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
That's a cop out because there wouldn't be a need for someone to go "under the hood" if the booth can just make the call.

The process is pretty-well defined. The booth initiates the review and the on-field judge makes the determination. If we're going to allow the booth to just make the determination (and do you want that?), then get rid of the time-wasting review that occurs on the field. At that point, we're stopping the game all for show.

That was a play that deserved further review. Anyone who says it wasn't is lying to themselves.
I agree with the premise, but there’s nothing under the hood that hasn’t already been seen by NY. Even if it’s a close call, if NY doesn’t see it as something that could be overturned, undisputed evidence, I like that they don’t waste time calling for the review just because it was close.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
IT WAS REVIEWED. WHAT DONT YOU UNDERSTAND GEESH
People seem to think the real review is by the refs as in years past. NY is watching the replays on scores and turnovers. It may have been a close call, but if they don’t see indisputable evidence, they see no reason for the refs to look at it. This speeds up the game. If NY thinks there is a problem with the call, the refs go under the hood, and that’s mostly about the clock and ball placement.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Frankly, I like the package on third-and-short with Elliott at fullback and Pollard at tailback. The threat of Pollard to the outside makes the fullback dive with Elliott very effective.

Should have been running this on day one of regular season.

Running Pollard on 3rd and short or in redzone is no bueno.

Zeke needs to be in for pass pro and as main RB in redzone/short yardage situations.

KM needs to stop trying to be cute.

The first half was going away from power football and committing to running game even if only dirty yards.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
There goes our HULK package.

Trade or sign another OL please.

Go get Bears Teven Jenkins!!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

tenor.gif

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It looked like helmet to helmet contact. That’s called every time whether intentional or not.

I really think the league needs to reconsider that. Parsons went into the chest with his head up. That the throwing motion brought Goff's head down and his face mask into contact with Parsons' helmet is incidental contact. I know they want to protect quarterbacks, but they are essentially asking defenders to keep their head up to not lead with the helmet while stooping down low enough when coming straight at the QB to not make any kind of incidental contact with the QB's helmet even though the QB's head is coming forward. What Parsons did was clearly not roughing while clearing being called that under the rules.

I know that they don't want to give officials too many subjective decisions to make on the field, but there's a problem with the roughing rule that needs to be fixed. I don't think NFL owners will do it, though, because they are so bent on protecting the quarterbacks.