Potential HC Replacements

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I have little interest in discussions of rants, reactionary diatribe, or whining. I like discussing solutions.

What potential HC are out there that would upgrade the team?

Much like last year, we're left with addition by subtraction right now.

In terms of the rest of *this* season, I'd go with Boy Genius II. We need a game manager for the rest of the season. Marinelli gets pantsed routinely and was a failure as a HC.

One guy who *might* not suck is Boy Genius II. Lets see what he's got.

I'd consider Richard an upgrade over Clapper, but he has impressed me less than Boy Genius II.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Perhaps you should focus on his most recent five years of coaching instead of what he did in 2012. Even his last NFL season was 8-8.

We will agree to disagree.

Im not worried about his struggles at one location when he has been successful at every other stop.

Carter

Reaction score
Garrett wont be let go. They didnt fire him after all These Years of nothing. 3 straight 8-8, a 4-12, and early Playoff Losses after 12-4 Seasons.

Also im not sure if a College Coach works out. Kliff Kingsbury was the hottest Name last summer and has Problems in AZ.

McCarthy is washed up i pass.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Sean Payton (boy did Jerrah mess up history by letting him go and keeping Garrett)
Lincoln Riley

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What makes this guy so good or the best candidate?
1. Scheme - he schemes guys wide open, all the time, misdirection and motion are staples of his teams. I actually think Kellen moore could have a role on his staff
2. QB- he has taken three so so qb prospects in college and turned two into Heisman trophy winners and #1 overall picks and the third into a top line signal caller in his scheme. He could work wonders with Dak

I would be in Norman, Oklahoma thus morning on my private jet if I were Jerry....

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
1. Pretty clear this is a stealth Garrett defense thread. If you can't name anyone clearly better than Garrett, might as well keep him, right?

2. It would have to be someone who makes Jerry feel comfortable, someone Jerry knows. Campbell, Eberflus, etc. Zimmer would be ideal but might not be available if they keep playing well.

3. I think a lot depends on Dak. How does he finish the year? Does he get that huge contact? He probably will, so watch someone to improve him. Dak loves Kellen so maybe he stays. Dan Mullen might be tempted by huge money or might prefer college.

4. Someone mentioned Shanahan, could that be an option? Any health issues? But Snyder might have been enough meddling owner for one lifetime for him.

5. Back to #1, Garrett is a huge bag of nothing who offers no value except to the media presentation and Jerry's comfort. Anyone even decent coach would be worth a try.

6. Guarantee you Jerry isn't thinking of changing. He's thinking of that 3-5 start and then the playoffs last year and believing that can happen again. Probably already selling it this morning. He won't think of a change until the team is mathematically eliminated.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
These current head coaches are better than Garrett for sure:

1. Belichick
2. Payton
3. Pedersen
4. Carroll
5. McVay
6. Harbaugh
7. Reid
8. Gruden
9. Reich
10. Arians

The following are debatable but I'd still take them over Garrett due to their X's and O's and/or leadership:

1. Tomlin
2. Quinn (about to be fired but still better than Garrett)
3. Rivera
4. Zimmer
5. O'Brien
6. McDermott
7. Lynn

This final group doesn't have a ton of experience or playoff success yet but I'd still take them over Garrett due to being superior offensive minds:

1. Shanahan
2. LaFleur
3. Nagy
4. Kingsbury
5. Gase (wasn't high on him but he outcoached Garrett yesterday)

So Garrett isn't even Top-20 in my book. He's up there with the spares of the league :laugh:

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Give up a first for the the defensive Jesus known as MIKE ZIMMER. Worked for Tampa Pay it can work for us.