Twitter: Practice squad additions

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Burton? What an absolute joke. He’s got to be the worst corner in football. The entire Jax game plan was to target him. On every snap.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I had hopes for Ben
I thought last season gave him no chance
But after 4 pre season games he got no better
Time to move on though unless they put Grier on PS I don’t know of a better option who knows the system

As far as knowing the system they could have just gone with Garrett Gilbert. I don't like to keep hating on the guy but there hasn't even been hints that DiNucci can be a viable backup at this level. I am confused as to why he's still around in any capacity.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Actually three available practice squad spots- Dallas has 17 since Isaac Alarcon still has an exemption. Wondering if another team's cuts will fill them, or players on the current 53 that will be cut once the roster gets finalized?

Big_D

Reaction score
They made their decision when they waived him.

They’ll have another one to make if a team comes calling. It’s not just cut and dry that he’ll automatically be gone in that scenario.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
As far as knowing the system they could have just gone with Garrett Gilbert. I don't like to keep hating on the guy but there hasn't even been hints that DiNucci can be a viable backup at this level. I am confused as to why he's still around in any capacity.

They aren't keeping DiNucci over Gilbert because they think he is a more viable starter, I heard on The Fan and on Cowboys Break that they think DiNucci will be a better PS QB because he can emulate running/mobile QB's and even if the throws are off still give them better looks to prepare for other teams' game plans far better than Gilbert could. I know many people just want to be mad and will probably attack my "homer" sources but that makes perfect sense to me.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
They aren't keeping DiNucci over Gilbert because they think he is a more viable starter, I heard on The Fan and on Cowboys Break that they think DiNucci will be a better PS QB because he can emulate running/mobile QB's and even if the throws are off still give them better looks to prepare for other teams' game plans far better than Gilbert could. I know many people just want to be mad and will probably attack my "homer" sources but that makes perfect sense to me.

It does make perfect sense and I admit I forgot to consider that aspect of it. I agree 100 percent.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They’ll have another one to make if a team comes calling. It’s not just cut and dry that he’ll automatically be gone in that scenario.
They aren't going to move mountains for him. There is a point where they just let the other team have him. Let's get real here. It's not like they fight for him the way they would fight for a starter.

Big_D

Reaction score
They aren't going to move mountains for him. There is a point where they just let the other team have him. Let's get real here. It's not like they fight for him the way they would fight for a starter.

no but you don’t know the situation when that time comes. Injuries etc. if the option is there to move him to the 53 they will explore it. It’s a long season and there will be a lot of roster movement.

cowboyec

Reaction score
glad ralston is back.
hope we bring back dt justin hamilton.
those were the 2 i was hopin' we get back.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
no but you don’t know the situation when that time comes. Injuries etc. if the option is there to move him to the 53 they will explore it. It’s a long season and there will be a lot of roster movement.
Okay but I think that never happens.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
dang, I am guessing this means we will keep the 3 QB on the roster then with the acquisition of WG today. I was hoping for only 2 on the roster and 1 on the PS, doubt they would use 2 PS slots on QB position.

For now, with Rush it might be a matter of how Grier progresses with the offense. We certainly wouldn't want Grier to be the No. 2 against Tampa while learning the playbook.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
For now, with Rush it might be a matter of how Grier progresses with the offense. We certainly wouldn't want Grier to be the No. 2 against Tampa while learning the playbook.

Personally I would. I think Rush is useless and gives us 0% chance to win a game against a pop warner team let alone an actual NFL team. I will take my chances with 0000000001% vs 0%.

gimmesix

Reaction score
When and if injuries on the interior occur Justin Hamilton might be a nice call up to fill a couple of gaps ….unless he gets poached . I knew when Ron’Dell Carter got cut he was gone .

We can protect up to four players each week. I would assume until Gallimore gets back that Hamilton will be one of them.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Personally I would. I think Rush is useless and gives us 0% chance to win a game against a pop warner team let alone an actual NFL team. I will take my chances with 0000000001% vs 0%.

Not with you on that. Putting a quarterback out there who doesn't know the offense can result in things worse than losing.