Pray for our son

Creeper

Reaction score
the nurse in charge at the hospital literally just contacted us and said they are moving him to ICU to prep him for surgery again. They found and drained about a liter of fluid off his liver. Going in again to find the source of the leak. Surgery tonight. They feel it is the small intestine.
I hope he is okay. We're all praying for him.

Bigdog

Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I hope he gets better. I thought when you said central CA he lived closer to where I am and I would go visit him if I can(even though I hate hospitals) but where he is it is about 3 hours away. Thank him also for his service.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Some zoners know I have a kid in the Army. He had a car wreck just off base. He has internal bleeding and is heading to emergency surgery to find the source and get it stopped. We are going nuts with worry. He's stationed on the West Coast in central California. We are far away in Texas. Hospital just notified us. Keep RJ in your prayers. We call him RJ for short.Thanks guys.
Good thoughts headed your way.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The latest update as of Saturday night is he's REALLY tired and sleeping a lot. HEAVILY SEDATED. But he did at least manage to call for a minute to say try not to worry. Thats just like him, telling US not to worry. He's worried about how we are handling this. So, we are putting on a brave and positive vibe back. Now hes just stacking the days up, one at a time, which will lead to him getting out hopefully soon.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The latest update as of Saturday night is he's REALLY tired and sleeping a lot. HEAVILY SEDATED. But he did at least manage to call for a minute to say try not to worry. Thats just like him, telling US not to worry. He's worried about how we are handling this. So, we are putting on a brave and positive vibe back. Now hes just stacking the days up, one at a time, which will lead to him getting out hopefully soon.
Sounds like you raised a great kid!

HungryLion

Reaction score
update, yesterday afternoon I got a call from the Head nurse saying they installed another drain. They found the source of the fluid leakage. It was the small intestine this time. So the second surgery was successful, and he seems to be doing better, no infection so far. He actually called us yesterday and was able to talk about 5 minutes. Just hearing his voice made us feel much better. At this point we just want him home in 1 piece. He has about 10 months left of his 6 year military term, and I can't help but wonder what happens next as far as that goes. My suspicion is they might medically discharge him from service, or at least give him that option. But knowing how stubborn he is,lol I bet he will want none of that. He is 1 tough ombre and he is a very determined young man, always has been. Thats the update guys.
Good news bro. Glad he is doing well. I’m sure he’s gonna be just fine.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We raised a great kid, and we are heartbroken for him as this might mean the end of his military journey, but knowing him, who knows. Hes a tough cookie. All we want is him healthy and to come back to us in 1 piece.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Update for Tuesday. Just spoke to him and he's off the feeding tube and the fluid drain tube. He's able to shower. Baby steps guys, he's on the mend. His spirits are lifted. He's hopeful they let him go home weds or Thursday.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Update for Tuesday. Just spoke to him and he's off the feeding tube and the fluid drain tube. He's able to shower. Baby steps guys, he's on the mend. His spirits are lifted. He's hopeful they let him go home weds or Thursday.
Hey Rayman! I just saw this. So sorry you and the family are going through this. Glad RJ is on the mend. Thinking of yall and sending healing thoughts and prayers man!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Awesome news!!!

I'm guessing the small intestine setback was pretty minor (surgically) if he's thinking they might let him go already?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Awesome news!!!

I'm guessing the small intestine setback was pretty minor (surgically) if he's thinking they might let him go already?
We were told the small intestine was the other issue, but turns out that was wrong. It was his stomach. They had to repair a hole/tear. That apparently was the source for the fluid leakage. Crazy. Just glad he's making good progress and no setbacks thus far. Hes chomping at the bit to get back on base . From what he told me, he thinks they will give him a month of medical leave to mend completely then he will resume his duty. I cautioned him to take everything cautiously and SLOW. Yeah, I am amazed they are thinking about releasing him already, but I suspect this is HIM hoping this not what the Doctors have said. Wouldn't be shocked if they keep him til Monday.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
We were told the small intestine was the other issue, but turns out that was wrong. It was his stomach. They had to repair a hole/tear. That apparently was the source for the fluid leakage. Crazy. Just glad he's making good progress and no setbacks thus far. Hes chomping at the bit to get back on base . From what he told me, he thinks they will give him a month of medical leave to mend completely then he will resume his duty. I cautioned him to take everything cautiously and SLOW. Yeah, I am amazed they are thinking about releasing him already, but I suspect this is HIM hoping this not what the Doctors have said. Wouldn't be shocked if they keep him til Monday.
Sounds like the Surgeon did a good job. Lotta stuff to sift through in that area and he/she had the intuition to go back in when further symptoms developed. My guess RJ is going to blow you away with some quick healing and return to full duty. It's great to be young and strong.

I am really happy for you and your Family. Tough ordeal to endure, but things seemed to have stabilized.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sounds like the Surgeon did a good job. Lotta stuff to sift through in that area and he/she had the intuition to go back in when further symptoms developed. My guess RJ is going to blow you away with some quick healing and return to full duty. It's great to be young and strong.

I am really happy for you and your Family. Tough ordeal to endure, but things seemed to have stabilized.
wellsaid! Youth is a great gift, especially in a circumstance like this. Like you said. TY man.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Great to hear the good news brother Rayman
praying for him to get better and better very soon

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Looks like I'm a little late to this, but I'll offer up some prayers for a speedy full recovery, and some thanks for him coming through the big hurdles and the support and prayers you've gotten here already.