Pray for our son

visionary

Reaction score
Update for Tuesday. Just spoke to him and he's off the feeding tube and the fluid drain tube. He's able to shower. Baby steps guys, he's on the mend. His spirits are lifted. He's hopeful they let him go home weds or Thursday.
Thats great news
Prayers for continued recovery

Rayman70

Reaction score
Now the doctors are hoping to send him home come Sunday, pending the final cat scan,to rule out an abscess or whatever. He's pretty dejected right now but I reminded him how fortunate he is to be alive after the crash he had. He's young and fearless, but we are praying he has no more scare events.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
ijvI4Sm.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Now the doctors are hoping to send him home come Sunday, pending the final cat scan,to rule out an abscess or whatever. He's pretty dejected right now but I reminded him how fortunate he is to be alive after the crash he had. He's young and fearless, but we are praying he has no more scare events.
At least he's been there long enough to get a sponge bath!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Thursday he would have went home but they found several abscesses so now he waits til Sunday, pending the recheck. They have him on antibiotics and had to go back in and drain the larger abscesses yesterday. I am impressed with this hospital in san Luis Obispo. They seem very much on top of things. I just wish we could have traveled there to support him. That part has been tough on us, not seeing him thru this.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Thank you everyone.. Update. The floor nurse just contacted us and said he had a ruptured large intestine from the seatbelt. They had to remove a section of his intestine. He's in good spirits. Not sure what the recovery timeframe will be. He's already wanting to get out by Friday lol. His entire command team is there in the room with him showing support and love. Thank God he's gonna be ok. Could have been worse.
My wife's boss's daugher (23 years old) had the same thing, except she ruptured the large and small intestine. Section of each was removed, 6 weeks later she was back to work as a nurse. Young folks are very resilient.

Good news....

Rayman70

Reaction score
My wife's boss's daugher (23 years old) had the same thing, except she ruptured the large and small intestine. Section of each was removed, 6 weeks later she was back to work as a nurse. Young folks are very resilient.

Good news....
holy hell!!! Dang....wow, thats very encouraging to hear. You are right, youth sure helps. I cant imagine having to endure those things being in my mid 50's now.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
holy hell!!! Dang....wow, thats very encouraging to hear. You are right, youth sure helps. I cant imagine having to endure those thing being in my mid 50's now.
Yeah, very late 60's myself, would definitely be worried if I had to be opened up for intestinal surgery....

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hear ya. I barely got thru my heel spur surgery last April. Had to use a knee scooter 2 months. Was hell. My Achilles was repaired with pins. I can't imagine, like u said, being opened up.
A guy I work with got in a bike accident about 8 months ago (?). Lost a leg and most of his large intestine. He's in his mid 50's. He'll never work again, but he made it through.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
I hear ya. I barely got thru my heel spur surgery last April. Had to use a knee scooter 2 months. Was hell. My Achilles was repaired with pins. I can't imagine, like u said, being opened up.
Just saw this thread and wanted to say how glad I am that things are turning out o.k for your son. The power of prayer is an awesome thing my friend. I experienced it myself just a little over a year ago and am as thankful as can be. BEST WISHES!

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
Praying for you and your son. May God help him and your family. I wish a speedy recovery of his body and soul.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Just saw this thread and wanted to say how glad I am that things are turning out o.k for your son. The power of prayer is an awesome thing my friend. I experienced it myself just a little over a year ago and am as thankful as can be. BEST WISHES!
Ty for this and the encouragement.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I don't believe in God or so but my best wishes to your son for his full recovery and of course to you guys to stay strong and hold him in your arms soon! These things are as hard for the parents as they are for the kids. It's just another kind of hardship. Keep on going guys and celebrate the biggest party when he's coming back home!