Game Day ****Pre-season Cowboys vs 49ers post game thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I give us an honest A+

I was particularly impressed with Mike White. Excellent game.
Didn't anyone tell you? This is a Dallas Cowboys forum. You should check with someone who watches whatever sport your Mike White plays, for the correct forum.
:thumbup:

Bizwah

Reaction score
go watch the replay, that was a pick 6 waiting to happen if the ball went where he was throwing
Really.

Looks like he was trying to hit Jarwin on the goal line. He appeared to be open. The Niner broadcast really didn't show a good angle though.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I said from right after they signed him as some pumped him up and had him on the team. I will wait to see him play, but feel he is practice squad at best for now.
All of his mechanics are awful. I wouldn't even put him on the PS.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
All of his mechanics are awful. I wouldn't even put him on the PS.
White was supposed to be a product of a high-octane college offense but he had zero progressions and the game seemed way too fast for him. Rush still floats the ball. This is a zero win team if Dak went down. It's almost as if the FO just thinks Romo will come out of the booth if Dak got hurt. These guys can't play and there's zero help from the sidelines.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Who the heck is complaining about a lack of creativity in the preseason?

You'd be stupid to be creative right now.

Prepare to be dazzled week 1.

Wrinkles. Elements.

If you're running this new high-octane offense, you install some of it and build from there. Training camp practices are public. This team opens their practices at The Star to anyone with $39. At some point, they're going to have to start actually running some of these new concepts/looks.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wrinkles. Elements.

If you're running this new high-octane offense, you install some of it and build from there. Training camp practices are public. This team opens their practices at The Star to anyone with $39. At some point, they're going to have to start actually running some of these new concepts/looks.

Is this your first year watching the NFL? Because I don't know of a single team that does what you're advocating. You go vanilla in the preseason. You show them nothing. Most teams don't even gameplan for these games.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Is this your first year watching the NFL? Because I don't know of a single team that does what you're advocating. You go vanilla in the preseason. You show them nothing. Most teams don't even gameplan for these games.
"Vanilla" is a watered down, base version of your offense. Not a whole other offense.

Tonight was last year's offense.

HungryLion

Reaction score
"Vanilla" is a watered down, base version of your offense. Not a whole other offense.

If you’re worried about running the same offense as last year.... I have bad news for you.

It’s going to be the same.

We will just be lucky if the team uses more pre snap motion and changes personnel packages more frequently to change their tendencies.

Dre11

Reaction score

Been trying to tell this dude that all night.

Dre11

Reaction score

Do you not follow the team, most of the changes are shifts and motions to the old offense, why in the h would they show any of that

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you not follow the team, most of the changes are shifts and motions to the old offense, why in the h would they show any of that

Yeah I don't get why anyone would think they should show their offense in the preseason.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Got that. However, if all we are actually changing is shifts and motions, our predictability issues aren't going to be going away.

Dre11

Reaction score
Got that. However, if all we are actually changing is shifts and motions, our predictability issues aren't going to be going away.

If you totally buy into that we're any more predictable than 80% of the league. Most teams run the same stuff, just window dress it differently. The Rams run the same stuff, they just dress it up.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I think you can officially close the book on Mike White.

He can't play.
I will give you an honest evaluation next Wed...since I'm on vacation...and missed the game..but my guess is it is just like any pre season game late in the 3rd to 4th quarter...and the QBs has no protection...running for his life...and people want to make an evaluation off of that...plus I'm assuming Kellen didn't exactly empty the playbook...so we will see.