Pre-season Predictions

Reaction score
RW31 said:
No, you will just be harder to smack around with common sense.

You want to smack me around because I asked you for a preseason prediction? Where's the common sense in that? :(

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Have or haven't? Hello/good bye, wake up, go to sleep. What class is this Mr teacher man? You know, this site has a talk smack zone; should we be there? What is your point professor!
Hos, how can you expect me to teach this guy? Im going to have to start from scratch...

Hos said I haven't (past tense hasn't, which is an abreviated version of has not) taught you anything because you continue to show a lack of Intelligence, and common sense....I give up.

Use this advice, if you don't understand whats going on around you, smile and slightly nod your head...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Head em up -- Move em out C'boys ...

Game One: Sat. Aug. 14 @ Houston Texans

Houston is still a relatively new franchise; yet they have solid players and are hungry to make a name for themselves.

Houston tweaks out a win 7 - 3

Game Two: Sat. Aug. 21 @ Oakland Raiders

C'boys need this to recover from previous week's loss. If the C'boys loose, this will have an impact on their confidence to use TestaVerde as a starter during the rest of the year.

Oakland manhandles the C'boys 14 - 6

Game Three: Mon., Aug. 30 TENNESSEE TITANS

Eddie George sends a huge statement to the Titans.

C'boys route Titans 13 - 6

Game Four: Thurs., Sept. 2 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

KC is slow in getting started; C'boys starting to get momentum. KC has No answer for C'boy's

C'boys on a roll 17-6

Bring it ... :cool:
Why all the concern about preseason? Regardless of whether your team goes undefeated or winless, the final preseason records are meaningless.

You seem kinda passionate about the whole thing. Is there some sort of secret Lombardi presentation held in Philadelphia every year after the Eagles "dominate" in the preseason?

Go ahead and put me down for the Cowboys finishing 0-4 in the preseason.

Waitasec...

Cowboys? Preseason?? "0-4"???

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!
AAAAAAAAGGGGG...

Hold up...

...I'm reacting like a typical Eagles fan. My bad. :)

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
You want to smack me around because I asked you for a preseason prediction? Where's the common sense in that? :(
You come in here acting like a total jack @@S, now you want to act like your feelings are hurt?! Get real with the use of the frown icon.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Have or haven't? Hello/good bye, wake up, go to sleep. What class is this Mr teacher man? You know, this site has a talk smack zone; should we be there? What is your point professor!
Son, don't make me teach you English yet again.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RW31 said:
Hos, how can you expect me to teach this guy? Im going to have to start from scratch...

Hos said I haven't (past tense hasn't, which is an abreviated version of has not) taught you anything because you continue to show a lack of Intelligence, and common sense....I give up.

Use this advice, if you don't understand whats going on around you, smile and slightly nod your head...
I'm so very proud.

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'm so very proud.

I'm not in school, you and your pupil aren't teaching anyone, anything--at any time, and you still haven't told me a darn thing about how well you believe the C'boys are going to do during this supposedly insignificant preseason!

You really don't know as Much as you think you know about the purpose(s) of preseasons. What do you think preseason football is for? Here's a few to start you off:

1. Take a hard look at the "borderline" players (potential players who may make the team or who could get cut)

2. Determine staters

3. Build confidence/momentum

Your turn ...

BYW ...you get no apples from me today! :mad:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
I'm not in school, you and your pupil aren't teaching anyone, anything--at any time, and you still haven't told me a darn thing about how well you believe the C'boys are going to do during this supposedly insignificant preseason!

You really don't know as Much as you think you know about the purpose(s) of preseasons. What do you think preseason football is for? Here's a few to start you off:
I give up on you...
1. Take a hard look at the "borderline" players (potential players who may make the team or who could get cut)
yes
2. Determine staters
if not established, yes
3. Build confidence/momentum
No

Reaction score
RW31 said:
I give up on you...
yes
if not established, yes
No

I gave up on you a long time before now! Why couldn't the preseason establish confidence; especially for rookies being tossed Into the mix? You've got to be joking!

But my post was designed to obtain Information. AGAIN, here's the information I'm seeking ...

IYO what is the Purpose of preseason games? If you and your other C'boy feinds are so much sold On the idea that these games are so non-important entities, could the preseason games be removed? This time dispense with the drama and give me some cold hard facts to support your argument (if you have one) :cool:

Overalls

Benched
Reaction score
Even a Cowboy hater like me knows preseason doesn't mean much. I have seen the girls go 0-4 and do well in the season and I've seen them do well in the preseason and do terrible in the regular season. You could go 4-0 this preseason, but if you lose Vinny and Eddie in the first week of regular season, you year COULD go down the drain.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Overalls said:
Even a Cowboy hater like me knows preseason doesn't mean much. I have seen the girls go 0-4 and do well in the season and I've seen them do well in the preseason and do terrible in the regular season. You could go 4-0 this preseason, but if you lose Vinny and Eddie in the first week of regular season, you year COULD go down the drain.
Yeah, too bad your year doesn't have a chance from the get go...

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I will answer this stupid question for you on behalf of everyone assembled here today.

If we outscore our opponents in each game we will be 4-0.

If it happens in 3 games, we will be 3-1.

If it happens in 2 games, we will be 2-2.

If we never do, we will be 0-4.

I'll bet you $1000.00 I am dead on, balls accurate in my predictions. Want some?

What happens if you're 1-3? Would you bet your moderator status to allow me to change places with you as a moderator? I lose, I'll depart your precious site. How big are your balls accurate?

Want some? :cool:

Overalls

Benched
Reaction score
Yeah, we might not play much more than 500 ball this year but, we'll hand your bunch of retreads a nice little meaningless loss on Saturday. You'll have to wait a bit till we come up to Southern Oklahoma to beat you for real again. :D

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
What happens if you're 1-3? Would you bet your moderator status to allow me to change places with you as a moderator? I lose, I'll depart your precious site. How big are your balls accurate?

Want some? :cool:
LMAO. You reall have no idea. There is no way to even get a feel for a preseason game, you know why? Because I have no idea if myteam's 3rd stringer are better than another teams third. Im thinking this is your first preseason game and you are basing your judgement one some football game...

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Overalls said:
Yeah, we might not play much more than 500 ball this year but, we'll hand your bunch of retreads a nice little meaningless loss on Saturday. You'll have to wait a bit till we come up to Southern Oklahoma to beat you for real again. :D
The fact that a win against the cowboys is your biggest accomplashmint is really sad...

Overalls

Benched
Reaction score
Sorry to tell you this but, its not our greatest accomplesment. It's just fun to mess with the girls about it. Now if ya'll had a good team may be it would have been more of a feat. Your team is pretty weak though. Ya'll might have a better record than us again this year, but so what everybody is picking us last any way. I figure it ought to be close though, us about 500, ya'll about 500. Hang in there though. You have two first round picks next year and one of then could be atop ten pick. :rolleyes:

TLW47

Reaction score
You know alot of people would pay a lot of money to be "atop" a top 10 pick...

The internet never ceases to amuse.

That would be "a top"...2 words, not 1.

I'm not too worried about the Cowboys. We have a great coach and an owner that is willing to do whatever he has to put a good team on the field. And we did have last year's no. 1 defense. That's no accident "ya'll".

He was blind as a bat when it came to Quincy but we all get stupid every now and then. Even billionaires.

And for the Texans fans that write here and blast the Cowboys here is a little fact to chew on.

One of the owners in the NFL that was instrumental in getting them to award Houston a franchise was none other than Jerry Jones. He campaigned for "ya'll". He felt Houston should have a team. So chew on that cud for awhile because your beloved Bob McNair had an ally in Jerry from the start. And if you don't think Jerry has pull with the higher ups just check his history since he's been in the league.

Overalls

Benched
Reaction score
I don't remember trashing Jerry, but thanks for pointing out a typing misstep. I keep forgetting how perfect the Girls fans are. And if you can't handle the ya'lls that just goes to prove that NORTH of the Mason-Dixon line you have a problem speaking southern.

TLW47

Reaction score
Actually I was born in Texas and except for a few years have never lived anywhere else.

Just thought perhaps you needed to know about Jerry since
"ya'll" think Bob McNair is perfect.

Just joking with you. Can't you take it? After all if we have to read "cowboys" in every other sentence you should be able to take it right back.

I never said I was perfect. But even I know that Dallas is way south of the Mason-Dixon line...do you even have a clue what you are talking about? If you're going to talk smack get a dictionary, get a map and get a clue. Maybe you mean north of Tomball? Of Katy? Of Madisonville?

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Overalls said:
Sorry to tell you this but, its not our greatest accomplesment. It's just fun to mess with the girls about it. Now if ya'll had a good team may be it would have been more of a feat. Your team is pretty weak though. Ya'll might have a better record than us again this year, but so what everybody is picking us last any way. I figure it ought to be close though, us about 500, ya'll about 500. Hang in there though. You have two first round picks next year and one of then could be atop ten pick. :rolleyes:
Lol. Right, what is your greatest accomplishment? Using a 1st overall pick on a so far mediocre qb? Please, the texans can't even talk smack. They have a poor coach, and an average defense. Its funny you are on here talking smack, and the general consensus among cowboy fans is who cares about the texans. Come back when you accomplished something other than a 5 win season...