Pre-season Predictions

Overalls

Benched
Reaction score
Just got back from watching a meaningless preseason game. Don't worry about all the meaningless interceptions your QB's keep throwing and don't worry about all the meaningless sacks your O-line kept giving up. Remember it's just preseason and just becuase your team got smacked around 18-0 it doesn't mean a thing, it's only preseason and everyone knows the COWBOYS are going to the Super Bowl and the lowly Texans will be lucky to win 5 games. Please tell the vaulted Cowboys thank you for taking it so easy on us. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Head em up -- Move em out C'boys ...Game One: Sat. Aug. 14 @ Houston Texans Houston is still a relatively new franchise; yet they have solid players and are hungry to make a name for themselves. Houston tweaks out a win 7 - 3

One! :rolleyes:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Overalls said:
Just got back from watching a meaningless preseason game. Don't worry about all the meaningless interceptions your QB's keep throwing and don't worry about all the meaningless sacks your O-line kept giving up.
Yeah, I mean, two of our ints weren't from a 3rd team scrub, or its not like our offensive line only gave up one sack...
Remember it's just preseason and just becuase your team got smacked around 18-0 it doesn't mean a thing,
Are you sure about that? I mean, its not like a 10-6 team lost 13-0 in the first preseason last year...oh wait...
it's only preseason and everyone knows the COWBOYS are going to the Super Bowl and the lowly Texans will be lucky to win 5 games. Please tell the vaulted Cowboys thank you for taking it so easy on us. :rolleyes:
Uhh, weren't you sadden by how much your team wanted to win the game? Every time a guy on the starting defense made a tackle he got high fived by eveyone. The ultimate example? 3 and 9 inside the 10, a situation where you'd want to test and evaluate your 2nd string qb, capers runs it for a gauranteed 3. He abvoiusly wnated to win that game, alot....

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Uhh no, you thought it would be 7-3. Oh, and how are the eagles looking? Lol, thouth you wouldn't wanna answer that...

Overalls

Benched
Reaction score
Sorry that our team wanted "to win a lot". I guess yours wanted to LOSE A LOT. You are actually going to criticize our team for having the passion to play hard even in a meaningless game. I like the fact that even out third stringers are trying to win a spot on the roster by playing like the game means something. :confused:

Bizwah

Reaction score
Overalls said:
Sorry that our team wanted "to win a lot". I guess yours wanted to LOSE A LOT. You are actually going to criticize our team for having the passion to play hard even in a meaningless game. I like the fact that even out third stringers are trying to win a spot on the roster by playing like the game means something. :confused:

I was alarmed by our lack of passion last night. I am reminded of our 13-0 loss against the Cards last year.

Hopefully, we'll correct the problems and move on. We'll see which players are worth keeping, and which players aren't.

Isn't that what the preseason's for?

I do find it strange that an opposing fan will come over and talk smack about a meaningless preseason game.

Maybe we should've made our way over to a Texan board after pasting them 34-6 last year.

:confused:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Overalls said:
No, your team wanted to win to the point that evaluating your players suffered. One example is 3-9 inside the ten, instead of testing your 2nd string qb in a perfect situation, he ran the ball so he would get the gauranteed 3.

Reaction score
RW31 said:
Uhh no, you thought it would be 7-3. Oh, and how are the eagles looking? Lol, thouth you wouldn't wanna answer that...

Look RW-dirty one,

I don't have a crystal ball! BUt I did say that the T'xns wanted the win more; and would ultimately be victorious. Now about my Eagles ... at least we did gett some points on the board. :eek:

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
Look RW-dirty one,

I don't have a crystal ball! BUt I did say that the T'xns wanted the win more; and would ultimately be victorious. Now about my Eagles ... at least we did gett some points on the board. !:eek:
You no someone is desperate when they have to refer to there team with"at least". And don't say you called it and then get proven wrong, and then cry foul...

Reaction score
RW31 said:
You no someone is desperate when they have to refer to there team with"at least". And don't say you called it and then get proven wrong, and then cry foul...

No one's crying foul here RW dirty-one.

To coin your tearful words ..."it's only the preseason"... Look, we got beat,
you got beat and shut out ...the proverbial "gooseegg" You need offensive help and defensive help quick!

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
No one's crying foul here RW dirty-one.

To coin your tearful words ..."it's only the preseason"... Look, we got beat,
you got beat and shut out ...the proverbial "gooseegg" You need offensive help and defensive help quick!
Yeah, but I don't think Vinny and Keyshawn would go 3 and out against BACKUPS!(hint, hint, D mcnabb and owens did)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pre-season is always fun when you can rag on another team for looking crappy....but then it does not count for as much when your own team looks crappy.

<sarcasm>

Reaction score
CapnComeback said:
Who the PHUK are you to call Bill Parcells stupid? He's got more SuperBowl wins than your whole franchise... ya Jackass.

I've got news for you Jackface, Billy-P probably did Not make the decision to drop your star QB; GM did!

Get bent! :eek:

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
here's the easiest prediction of the season.

another year...another failed quest for a trophy in philly! (and not just the football team, either!)

:D