Predict Dak’s Stats

jrumann59

Reaction score
To be fair if Romo had a chance to stay around as long as he did without a decent playoff record and not a single peice of hardware to speak of then why can't dak?

He deserves a chance to prove he can add something to the collection.

Because Romo never had a really complete team, ie offense, defense, ST. Some could argue that Daks had had a more complete team, the offense is not as high powered but has a great RB, defense is slowly rounding in to form, it at least has good players at each level, ST is fine if bailey regains form.

Also with Romo, in my opinion no game was out of reach. Yes he could make ill advised throws but the majority of the games Dallas was losing in I never though they were really out of until the final gun. With Dak, I think if a team gets a 2 TD lead you can chalk it up as a loss.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
You say he'll have a "slight improvement" but post worse numbers than his 2017 campaign

2017 for the **** show it was in the second half produced:

3,324 yards, 62.9% completion percentage, 22 passing TD, 6 rushing TDs and 13 INTs.

How is: 60% completion, 3000 yards, 20 TD, 12 INT a slight improvement?

Then you call everyone numbers unrealistic. :rolleyes:

I should have said improvement over the second half of the season. That’s all I seem to remember from last year.

John813

Reaction score
Because Romo never had a really complete team, ie offense, defense, ST. Some could argue that Daks had had a more complete team, the offense is not as high powered but has a great RB, defense is slowly rounding in to form, it at least has good players at each level, ST is fine if bailey regains form.

Also with Romo, in my opinion no game was out of reach. Yes he could make ill advised throws but the majority of the games Dallas was losing in I never though they were really out of until the final gun. With Dak, I think if a team gets a 2 TD lead you can chalk it up as a loss.

Maybe my mind is playing games, but I thought the 2007-2009 teams were a good mix of offense and defense. Not elite, but good.
OLine was decent with Adams, Colombo, Gurode and Davis.
Trio of RBs, guess the downside was RW11 and Glenn getting injured.
IIRC the biggest weakness on defense was the abundance of 2 down linebackers.
Ware had that 20 sack season in 08.

John813

Reaction score
I should have said improvement over the second half of the season. That’s all I seem to remember from last year.

I'm not sure what Dak we'll see. I hope the second half was something part of a soph slump to never be seen again, but we won't know till September. But I then I also remember that the ~24 regular season games before hand, along with the playoff game in 16 and he looked good in most of them. Had issues again the Giants and Vikings in 16, but both teams matched up well against us.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I want Dak to succeed like any rational Cowboys fan. But considering his passing pedigree (which isn’t stellar), I’m cautiously optimistic. My original prediction was maybe conservative but last season tested my faith in the guy for sure. Let’s all hope he puts up All-Pro numbers but I’m not going to be shocked if he bombs.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

I think it's unfair to expect dak to win anything major so soon. And it's been proven that you don't need a complete team to win the SB.

I believe the "complete team" saying is just an excuse to justify a player not being able to get it done in his career.

A banged up eagles won a SB with a backup QB.

I can't give Tony a pass. You are who you are.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I think it's unfair to expect dak to win anything major so soon. And it's been proven that you don't need a complete team to win the SB.

I believe the "complete team" saying is just an excuse to justify a player not being able to get it done in his career.

It’s unfair to expect Dak to be a competitive NFL player in his third season? Get outta here.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
2016 was great for any QB. 2017 was down but not as bad as many think. There were mitigating circumstances to the season. Dak certainly looked worse than what he may actually have been. I blame the coaching on some of this. Like not give help on the OL with Smith out.

I make many comments about Dak's accuracy, and rightfully so. However, there were reasons.

I say he will be between 2016 and 2017 stat wise. As long as the OL and Zeke are healthy and there for 16 games, there is no reason not to expect a near 2016 like season. However, they need to incorporate more down field throws. Yes the WR position takes a hit without Dez, but that remains to be seen. Someone can step up, get drafted, or just better game planning (yeah, good luck with that one LOL).

But correct some mechanics, improve accuracy and then then we will see if he is the franchise QB or if we need to look at drafting one in 2019.

Sounds fair enough.

3,500 yards, 65.2%, 23 TDs, 9 INTs and a 95.5 QBR

That's the average of his first 2 years, I did round up the TDs and INTs to a whole number.

jrumann59

Reaction score

A banged up Eagles team that had better depth is a more complete team. Its football injuries happen and you need competent back ups. Dak has been given a pass by many here for last year due to OL whoas. Philly lost Peters and did not miss a beat, Foles was adequate because the rest of the team was better mostly their defense. If the team is not going to have top 10 defense then Dak needs to better than he was last year. The defense can't get out if its own way when lee is not on the field.

If Dak played with half of the teams Romo had Dak would be looking for a job at the end of his contract. Romo did more with less over his career, and did much more when this FO decided that they really wanted to win and invested in the OL. Unfortunately this FO and coaching staff have reached the ceiling on what they can do.

HungryLion

Reaction score
From what I can tell people have extremely unrealistic expectations of Dak this season. Did any of you watch him last season? He was Tebow-esque.

The numbers I posted are basically on par with his rookie season, overall quality wise.

So you either don’t know what you’re talking about, or are being purposefully negative and then attacking anybody who is being more optimistic.

It’s not exactly unrealistic to hope for Dak to play as well as he already has played for one of his two seasons. He may not, but it’s not some crazy hope.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
It’s unfair to expect Dak to be a competitive NFL player in his third season? Get outta here.

In his 3rd season yeah, but people in denial act like he should have already won something in his first or second year because of the hype he got.

I also know it's just their way of expressing their hate. I really don't know why alot of fans seem against what the cowboys do when we have enough of that going on with none fans and media.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The numbers I posted are actually worse than the numbers he was posting in the first half of last year, in several facets also.

So again, there was nothing unrealistic about the estimate made.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
A banged up Eagles team that had better depth is a more complete team. Its football injuries happen and you need competent back ups. Dak has been given a pass by many here for last year due to OL whoas. Philly lost Peters and did not miss a beat, Foles was adequate because the rest of the team was better mostly their defense. If the team is not going to have top 10 defense then Dak needs to better than he was last year. The defense can't get out if its own way when lee is not on the field.

If Dak played with half of the teams Romo had Dak would be looking for a job at the end of his contract. Romo did more with less over his career, and did much more when this FO decided that they really wanted to win and invested in the OL. Unfortunately this FO and coaching staff have reached the ceiling on what they can do.

With the exception of the coaches faults, the excuse train you are on is real. Choo Chooing on down the tracks!

dfense

Reaction score
To be fair if Romo had a chance to stay around as long as he did without a decent playoff record and not a single peice of hardware to speak of then why can't dak?

He deserves a chance to prove he can add something to the collection.
If Dak routinely put up 300 yards and 2-3 TD tosses a game and some ridiculous sack escapes, I'd tend to agree. But not throwing a TD in 6 or 7 games last year...no warm and fuzzy there.

DanA

Reaction score
When we had a fully healthy O-line and Zeke. Daks passer rating was:
Dez: 80.6
The rest: 115.0

As long as we draft a guard early and the O-line + Zeke are fit I think well see:
Yards: 3650
Completion: 67.5%
TD's: 28
INT's: 8
Rushed TD's: 6
QB Rating: 103.5