64.3 completion %
3,568 Passing Yards
26 Passing TDs
326 Rushing Yards
4 Rushing TDs
99.6 QB Rating

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Because Romo never had a really complete team, ie offense, defense, ST. Some could argue that Daks had had a more complete team, the offense is not as high powered but has a great RB, defense is slowly rounding in to form, it at least has good players at each level, ST is fine if bailey regains form.

Also with Romo, in my opinion no game was out of reach. Yes he could make ill advised throws but the majority of the games Dallas was losing in I never though they were really out of until the final gun. With Dak, I think if a team gets a 2 TD lead you can chalk it up as a loss.

You can also argue that the offensive approach under Romo was to air the ball out while this is more of a keep the ball and dominate time of possession. Problem is that with this current model you need a defense that can hold it's own and not always expect the offense to carry you.

jrumann59

Reaction score
You can also argue that the offensive approach under Romo was to air the ball out while this is more of a keep the ball and dominate time of possession. Problem is that with this current model you need a defense that can hold it's own and not always expect the offense to carry you.
I agree under Romo it was out score you and hope the defense can stop them once or twice to keep you ahead. Current strategy is keep the ball for 10 minutes drive and limit the other offenses chances, the issue with that is your offense has to be able to march up and down the field methodically and score which takes time and if your defense can't stop anyone this gameplan limits the teams total possessions also.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
If Dak routinely put up 300 yards and 2-3 TD tosses a game and some ridiculous sack escapes, I'd tend to agree. But not throwing a TD in 6 or 7 games last year...no warm and fuzzy there.

Yeah but the crappy wr's, your safety net being triple teamed and a slow *** TE doesn't help the cause lol.

Get that poor guy some help!

jrumann59

Reaction score
Typical in denial post from you that I responded to before hand!
yada, yada, yada, :rolleyes:

peanuts-listening-hear.jpg

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
with the kitna[job saving playbook] who wouldn't look good. heck stephen mcgee could run the dink and dink some more playbook. Protect the ball, cause we don't trust you throwing the ball. pretty simple sheesh..

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I expect Dak to be a competitive and efficient -
I agree under Romo it was out score you and hope the defense can stop them once or twice to keep you ahead. Current strategy is keep the ball for 10 minutes drive and limit the other offenses chances, the issue with that is your offense has to be able to march up and down the field methodically and score which takes time and if your defense can't stop anyone this gameplan limits the teams total possessions also.

Yep and the defense was a liability in 2016 because when we ran up against better teams we really were not able to depend on the defense.