Prepare yourself for our offseason of same

fivetwos

Reaction score
Jerry likes to brag about the fact that both Quinn and Moore “would love to be head coach of the Cowboys” while he’s blissfully unaware of the potential hazards of that combination of ambition and lack of loyalty.
It also seriously undermines McCarthy even further in the eye of the players.

Jerry's mouth is damaging, amd what I mean when I say the HCs wings are clipped from day one.

Maybe that could possibly change with Payton, but still doubtful.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Respect your opinion, but the ranking of offensive effectiveness based on total yards in all games is as dated as a leisure suit.

Especially in the division we play in.

Things like that tell the two clowns what a great job they are doing, and they have such high opinions of themselves that they believe it and sell it.

Think players don't notice this, shrug, and say let's get paid....etc?

They do. It's impossible for any coach to motivate this group properly.

Not just total yards but points. If he could do this with what people claim is a poor QB and lousy RB then he must be good. Iol

I think he must improve but to act as if he is completely clueless does not say much for the other OC who have not accomplished as much.

NFC East has been down but I don't hear Jack about GB and their division what the Lions, Bears and Vikings, not exactly a stellar division. Fact is Dallas like other teams play poor teams within the season, people act as if everyone else is playing SB teams every week while Dallas plays no one.

shabazz

Reaction score
What about Rafael Septien? :p

I was thinking about him too but thought he was strictly 80’s….but you’re right, he did start in the late 70’s….well done.

edit…..just saw that Efren Herrera was a contract hold out guy that made him get replaced…..we gotta start hating on him too

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Bring back all the same coaches and players and you will get the same results... no Super Bowl.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The only thing that would give me pause about Philly is this notion that once they ran the ball they were better.

The issue with that is when they started to run the ball, their schedule got really weak and they faced some of the worst QBs you may find on a schedule. Once they faced a real team, they got rolled off the field again.
Very fair....but I do think their OL played well given what they had to work with.

About the exact opposite of our group.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Unless the draft class is just another home run, the reality is this team will likely be less talented than the 2021 version.

They will lose guys in FA and they have to trim fat just to get back under the cap. They may have to go even more stupid and restructure a guy like Elliott.

What a disaster.
That would really be disastrous, like LB #9's contract disastrous.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not just total yards but points. If he could do this with what people claim is a poor QB and lousy RB then he must be good. Iol

I think he must improve but to act as if he is completely clueless does not say much for the other OC who have not accomplished as much.

NFC East has been down but I don't hear Jack about GB and their division what the Lions, Bears and Vikings, not exactly a stellar division. Fact is Dallas like other teams play poor teams within the season, people act as if everyone else is playing SB teams every week while Dallas plays no one.
I'll leave it at this....

It would be really, really nice for a change....to watch a game and not feel like we were completely outcoached when we aren't playing a team who has already quit for the season.

How often, after watching Dallas play a good team, do you feel like our staff outdid theirs?

If 50 burgers vs doormats give you hope, thats all fine and I respect it from you......the problem is the guy calling the shots feels the same way....and despite all the lovely stats year after year, we can't win a thing as a team....and they continue to operate the same way.

So yeah, I expect the 2022 stats to look very nice, and the Dallas Cowboys to be lucky to make it into round two....yet again.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until major changes are made at the top of this organization, the headline for every season should read, “Titanic gets a new paint job; Captain Jones reassures public that the 27th straight voyage of the Titanic will be different”.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'll leave it at this....

It would be really, really nice for a change....to watch a game and not feel like we were completely outcoached when we aren't playing a team who has already quit for the season.

How often, after watching Dallas play a good team, do you feel like our staff outdid theirs?

If 50 burgers vs doormats give you hope, thats all fine and I respect it from you......the problem is the guy calling the shots feels the same way....and despite all the lovely stats year after year, we can't win a thing as a team....and they continue to operate the same way.

So yeah, I expect the 2022 stats to look very nice, and the Dallas Cowboys to be lucky to make it into round two....yet again.

All I can say in my view when you hire a HC you give them a minimum of 3 years, this non sense of hiring and firing HC at will as I see with a lot of teams is foolish, team is constantly changing everything to the point players are constantly learning new systems.
Dallas put up 35 on New England as well. I'm not satisfied but I'm also not very much into knee jerk reaction when I am disappointed. I saw a lot of good things and something he needs to improve on but to act as if he has no clue does not say much for a lot of OC whom as I said have yet to do much more.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought last year's offseason was pretty good, actually. They brought in a couple great players on the cheap. Although I was doom and gloom after the playoff loss, I now believe the team is only a couple key players away from being really, really good. Go Cowboys

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not just total yards but points.

The Cowboys averaged 40 ppg versus the NFC East, Falcons, and Panthers and went 8-0. That's cool, but beating up those teams doesn't win you anything.

West divisions proved strongest this season - most playoff wins, 3 teams in the CCGs - and the Bucs had a guy named Brady. How did Dallas do in those 7 games?

They lost 6 of them and averaged 20 ppg. Their lone win was 20-17 vs the Chargers. There's the "#1 offense" when opposed by good teams.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Cowboys averaged 40 ppg versus the NFC East, Falcons, and Panthers and went 8-0. That's cool, but beating up those teams doesn't win you anything.

West divisions proved strongest this season - most playoff wins, 3 teams in the CCGs - and the Bucs had a guy named Brady. How did Dallas do in those 7 games?

They lost 6 of them and averaged 20 ppg. Their lone win was 20-17 vs the Chargers. There's the "#1 offense" when opposed by good teams.

Vs Tampa offense held their own. I do not expect to hang 40 plus points a game, frankly I don't expect to have 30 plus a game. I have said there are things I feel this offense and Moore need to improve on but to act as if he is clueless and a bunch of message board posters are the solutions is a complete and utter joke. Dallas ranking 1st in offense in 2 of his 1st 3 years is not a fluke and again yes he and the players must improve.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only thing that would give me pause about Philly is this notion that once they ran the ball they were better.

The issue with that is when they started to run the ball, their schedule got really weak and they faced some of the worst QBs you may find on a schedule.

Putting up over 200 yards rushing against the Broncos and Saints defenses is no small feat. Just ask Kellen Moore. And that's especially true, when opponents KNOW it's coming and that your passing game isn't much of a threat.

Once they faced a real team, they got rolled off the field again.

What team is that? Tampa Bay?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t see Payton coming in and being ok with not picking his assistants. As you said earlier with Quinn being his DC. Those are two that know each other well and we have no idea if either would be ok with that. This whole operation is a wreck

Payton's fate (and season records) have always been tied to whether or not he had a defensive coordinator. When he did, he was in the playoffs, title game, and Super Bowl. When he didn't, he wasn't. I don't see him chasing off Dan Quinn. But I'm not sure exactly what kind of agreement Quinn and Jones have, so Dan could very well take a head coaching job next year if he doesn't get the Dallas job.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
Folks, my advice to my fellow Cowboy fans is - manage your expectations by keeping them lower than a worms belly. No sense in being upset no sense in getting excited. We are what we are, a popular franchise with a world class PR that will not win anything of consequence because of the person who owns the franchise.

good advice. This team will be worse next year with a 1st place schedule to boot.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
Meh. Mostly Burrow doing it himself.

That's the kind of QB Jerry think Prescott is.

That's what we are dealing with.

Exactly. As with Garett he thinks Prescott can learn to be what he wants him to be. Just as Garrett was, he is what he is an average QB that Jerry props up to sell fandom, tickets, merchandise and make money.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
Whether you like it or not this will not be an offseason of change other than the changes they have to make because of the salary cap and the possibility of losing Kellen Moore. They're not in the change mindset. They want to bring this band back together as much as possible for another tour. They're convinced they underachieved this year.

I kindly direct you to the Senior Bowl interviews of Jerry and Stephen if you disagree. They are not poker players. They're telling you what they really think and change isn't in their thinking.

The only change will be change forced upon them.

And you won't have a transcendent rookie to add to the mix next year to move the needle. I don't like to talk in absolutes but that may have been once in a lifetime. You don't even have a full slate of draft picks.

It's an offseason of great addition for the Giants, Eagles, and to a lesser extent, the Badwords of Washington. It's an offseason of minimizing losses for the Cowboys.

I cannot wait until next season. It already feels different.

100% correct. Good post. And there’s no second Micah walking through the door next season.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why should they change? Won the East, swept it, and won 12 games. Ratings and revenue are up and they're still doing interviews.

The question of underachieve is all about talent. We did our jobs. someone else did not do theirs.

The expectation of change is because we perceive change is needed but they do not. Just some tweaking here and there and we're all good to go.